UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort: Skills, not TRT, wins fights

5/6/13 9:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

TRT has been a hot button topic amongst MMA media and fans a like, and some even question whether it should be allowed in the sport. For now, at least, TRT is allowed under certain guidelines and UFC lightheavyweight Vitor Belfort is on a restricted monitored regime. 

Belfort, however does not believe that his TRT is the reason he wins fights:

In response to Rockhold's TRT issues, Belfort said the treatment doesn't win you fights and finds it odd that losses for fighters under TRT are never mentioned:

"Why don't they talk about people that are on TRT and lose in the first round? TRT doesn't win fights. Look at Chael Sonnen, he's on TRT and he's lost fights in the first, second round. That doesn't win fights, you have to have skills."

According to Belfort, he thinks UFC and athletic commissions should make it known to everyone every single fighter under TRT in efforts to bring legitimacy to the highly-debated issue. 

read entire article...

5/6/13 9:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inf0
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen vs Vitor... please.. I would love to see this match-up.. Vitor smashes Chael's jaw into 1 billion piecess.

MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at the dig against chael. 

Pure
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So why take it?

5/6/13 9:20 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight your next fight in Vegas and lets see how good your skills are no TRT. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 9:22 PM
T Bag

Obviously it helps or he wouldn't bother taking it. How much does it help??? Impossible to say, but Vitor looks like he's 20 again.
5/6/13 9:22 PM
inf0
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Fight your next fight in Vegas and lets see how good your skills are no TRT. Phone Post 3.0

hmm I seem to remember him KO'ing everyone put in front of him... before and after Anderson & Bones...

win Rich Franklin UFC 103 - Franklin vs. Belfort
Sep / 19 / 2009
TKO (Punches)
Yves Lavigne
1 3:02
win Matt Lindland Affliction - Day of Reckoning
Jan / 24 / 2009
KO (Punches)
Nelson Hamilton
1 0:37
win Terry Martin Affliction - Banned
Jul / 19 / 2008
KO (Punches)
N/A

3:12

yeah.. he was doing just horrible... pre-TRT

5/6/13 9:24 PM
Pure
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Fight your next fight in Vegas and lets see how good your skills are no TRT. Phone Post 3.0

hmm I seem to remember him KO'ing everyone put in front of him... before and after Anderson & Bones...

Sep / 19 / 2009
TKO (Punches)
Yves Lavigne
Jan / 24 / 2009
KO (Punches)
Nelson Hamilton
Jul / 19 / 2008
KO (Punches)
N/A

You mean back when he was on anabolics?

5/6/13 9:28 PM
NastyNate420
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pure - 
inf0 - 

Sep / 19 / 2009
TKO (Punches)
Yves Lavigne
Jan / 24 / 2009
KO (Punches)
Nelson Hamilton
Jul / 19 / 2008
KO (Punches)
N/A

You mean back when he was on anabolics?

I believe that's what he meant.
5/6/13 9:29 PM
inf0

who cares kids.. all your favourite fighters are on something

5/6/13 9:34 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got any proof? Vitor has positive drug test which is most likely the reason he's on TRT. Even Overeem has never been popped for steroids like Vitor 

5/6/13 9:39 PM
epic hero

Nobody had a problem with TRT when Henderson was on it knocking everybody out, Belfort kicks UK poster boy in the head and now it's an epidemic. Nobody had a problem with it until their favorite fighters started getting knocked out

As someone who's been against TRT from the beginning, it's pathetic to see people bitching about it now. Years back everybody would always defend it when you tried to speak out against it
5/6/13 9:40 PM
no-gi_JAMES420
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

then why do you take it?
5/6/13 9:40 PM
IsmokeCrack

Did you know WWE is real? They fake being fake to make it more real. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 9:49 PM
IamPUBLICaboutMYloveFORrap

I like vitor good dude Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 9:57 PM
epic hero

I never saw you say anything about TRT until Bisping got kicked in the dome, now you can't stop crying about that shit.

It's like I said, as someone who's been against TRT from the beginning, it's suddenly an epidemic to people but none of them had a problem with it until they had to witness their favorite fighters suffer brutal knockouts. They're bitter about the loss and the "war against TRT" fits into their agenda.

I was always against it as I knew exactly where it was going but it's just weird how it seemingly became an epidemic overnight, as none of these people had an issue with it beforehand
5/6/13 10:13 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram.com/f92549ceb6b511e2a2f822000a1f97e4_7.jpg

From vitor's Instagram tonight. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 10:19 PM
jac0bear
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol.. It doesn't win you fights. Does it help if your levels are extremely low and you get put on therapy? Yes it helps your recovery, aggressivness, sex drive, etc. but if one is taking it as prescribed from a doctor then they are at ABSOLUTELY no advantage anabolically in a fight.

I dont see why people worry about petty shit like this so much, fuck look how awesome Pride was when EVERYBODY was roided the fuck up! There was no "fighting not to lose" or dry humping the entire fight.
5/6/13 10:31 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

epic hero -

I never saw you say anything about TRT until Bisping got kicked in the dome, now you can't stop crying about that shit.

It's like I said, as someone who's been against TRT from the beginning, it's suddenly an epidemic to people but none of them had a problem with it until they had to witness their favorite fighters suffer brutal knockouts. They're bitter about the loss and the "war against TRT" fits into their agenda.

I was always against it as I knew exactly where it was going but it's just weird how it seemingly became an epidemic overnight, as none of these people had an issue with it beforehand
There's a difference between using TRT and wanting to fight in Brazil because you can't get an exemption due to your past steroid use dummy. I don't care if you've against TRT since the beginning. I'm not declaring war on it, I don't want special treatment for past steroid users who need it. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 10:36 PM
FightFanUK
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pure - 

So why take it?

haha... beat me to it.

5/6/13 10:48 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Because you look like "Abomination" from "The Incredible Hulk" when you take it, Vitor.
5/6/13 10:48 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

who cares kids.. all your favourite fighters are on something

Your bias is showing

5/6/13 10:58 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRMartin11 - Vitor said he's getting blood tested fairly regularly by the UFC which I commend the UFC for taking some intitive. As long as Vitor stays within regular levels there isn't much of an issue. The problem is some comission's allow up to 6:1 ratio which is ridiculous. I don't think any person can naturally produce that. It should be 2:1 at most.

Vitor said his levels are still slightly below average if he is telling the truth and correct there is no reason Vitor shouldn't be allowed to use TRT properly. There's a lot of ways to manipulate the system and there's a lot of people who shouldn't use TRT, but Vitor doesn't seem to apply to either category.

January 2012

January 2013

5/6/13 10:59 PM
epic hero

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
epic hero -

There's a difference between using TRT and wanting to fight in Brazil because you can't get an exemption due to your past steroid use dummy. I don't care if you've against TRT since the beginning. I'm not declaring war on it, I don't want special treatment for past steroid users who need it. Phone Post 3.0

There is no difference, the benefits are all the same
5/7/13 2:35 AM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero - Nobody had a problem with TRT when Henderson was on it knocking everybody out, Belfort kicks UK poster boy in the head and now it's an epidemic. Nobody had a problem with it until their favorite fighters started getting knocked out

As someone who's been against TRT from the beginning, it's pathetic to see people bitching about it now. Years back everybody would always defend it when you tried to speak out against it
Good point, Randy has probably been on it before anyone had even heard of it yet it wasn't an issue.

Everyone thought it was amazing this "old man" could keep up with the youngsters yet nobody cared why he could. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.