UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WTF Early line Ellenberger 170,McDonald -215

5/6/13 9:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
huggy bear
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think McDonald is very talented but his best wins were against Diaz(LW) and Penn(past prime LW). Ellenberger has fought a lot of the top guys and his striking has increased dramatically 2 go along with his wrestling. I think Ellenberger takes this and wouldn't be surprised if he finished rory. I'm putting a lot of money on Ellenberger. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 9:33 PM
Pessimist_Pete

would not be surprised if Rory gets KTFO Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 9:38 PM
MMALOGIC

ellenberger gasses after one round.

5/6/13 9:38 PM
Jaybrone
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/06/13 9:40 PM

Rory has only ever faced one guy who is even relevant. Ellenburger has faced much better competition and the line is usually set at a point to bring in money.

I think its a closer fight than the line though.

I would put some money on Rory at those odds.

5/6/13 9:54 PM
CHiLLEN
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caliber of fighters Rory has fought isn't as impressive as Jakes but.. I believe the betting line is about right.

Its Rory's time, and he'll show us all why, against Jake. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 9:57 PM
Calavaro
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd put some money on Ellenberger in this one.  McDonald has looked good against mid-range competition, but he may be exposed in this one.

5/6/13 10:00 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprised. I think guys like Rory are the future and I favor him in this matchup.

That said, Ellenberger's power is the great equalizer in this fight.

5/6/13 10:02 PM
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/06/13 10:03 PM

Btw, people talk about how Jake has beaten top competition while Rory hasn't. Who exactly has he beaten?

Shields is his only top 10 win, and we've found out that Shields was overrated. He had a chance to score a top 10 win against Kampmann, but got KTFO.

Edit - Lol, for some reason I totally forgot about the Marquardt fight. Derp. That was a very impressive win.

5/6/13 10:09 PM
Mushroom Slap
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

huggy bear - I think McDonald is very talented but his best wins were against Diaz(LW) and Penn(past prime LW). Ellenberger has fought a lot of the top guys and his striking has increased dramatically 2 go along with his wrestling. I think Ellenberger takes this and wouldn't be surprised if he finished rory. I'm putting a lot of money on Ellenberger. Phone Post 3.0

put a thousand dollars on it, post your receipt and stfu then
5/6/13 10:10 PM
Chemmy

Rory will remain the favorite, and rightfully so. Phone Post
5/6/13 10:11 PM
sincitydc
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is such a good fight Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 10:12 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope rory doesn't get injured Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 10:16 PM

Mushroom Slap - 
huggy bear - I think McDonald is very talented but his best wins were against Diaz(LW) and Penn(past prime LW). Ellenberger has fought a lot of the top guys and his striking has increased dramatically 2 go along with his wrestling. I think Ellenberger takes this and wouldn't be surprised if he finished rory. I'm putting a lot of money on Ellenberger. Phone Post 3.0

put a thousand dollars on it, post your receipt and stfu then

Lol, this.

5/6/13 10:22 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Burger by violent ko Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 10:35 PM
Bendos Toothpick
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Rory first burst on the scene I was a huge fan, then he became a pretty boy, gave himself a new nickname and sorta became a giant douche

Still have nasty backne too

War Ellenberger! Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 11:28 PM
MasterofMartialArts
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

Btw, people talk about how Jake has beaten top competition while Rory hasn't. Who exactly has he beaten?

Shields is his only top 10 win, and we've found out that Shields was overrated. He had a chance to score a top 10 win against Kampmann, but got KTFO.

Edit - Lol, for some reason I totally forgot about the Marquardt fight. Derp. That was a very impressive win.

Haha, yes the Marquardt KO was brutal. I think people are just giving him the edge in experience here.. Even though he's lost some, he's been in there with the likes of Condit, Kampmann, Shields, Diego, etc. he has more experience in high level competition and that could be the difference here. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 11:31 PM

MasterofMartialArts - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

Haha, yes the Marquardt KO was brutal. I think people are just giving him the edge in experience here.. Even though he's lost some, he's been in there with the likes of Condit, Kampmann, Shields, Diego, etc. he has more experience in high level competition and that could be the difference here. Phone Post 3.0

Yup. Great points.

5/6/13 11:39 PM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory is good and will get better, but i don't think it's his time quite yet. Phone Post
5/6/13 11:42 PM
donkey guard
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory could walk to the octagon in skin tight red pants with only ricci in his corner and still win. Phone Post
5/7/13 12:16 AM
Damaynevent

Not sure why Rory gets so much hype. I can see Jake rocking him and then him diving at Jake's legs for the next 14 minutes. Che Mills rocked his cocky ass in the first 20 seconds of their fight. If Che would have had any type of ground skills or take down defense, he would have put Rory away in the 1st round. I don't think Rory has the hands to hang with Jake, and his takedowns arent good enough to get Ellenberger down.

Not a fan of either, but I'm looking forward to seeing Jake give Rory a reality check. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 12:17 AM
dahosse
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory's a better rounded fighter. Jake's the better physical fighter. This is a very intriguing match. I lean towards rory by sub or decision. I think Ellenberger's going to be loading up on his punches too much and will find himself out of position a lot. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 12:37 AM
MasterofMartialArts
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dahosse - Rory's a better rounded fighter. Jake's the better physical fighter. This is a very intriguing match. I lean towards rory by sub or decision. I think Ellenberger's going to be loading up on his punches too much and will find himself out of position a lot. Phone Post 3.0
What the hell has happened recently to make you think Rory will sub Jake? Just curious. And Jakes striking is alot more technical than it used to be, watch the Marquardt fight. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 1:13 AM
angryguy
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sshhhhh, young one, quiet yourself. I agree, money to be made here. Lets not be too loud Phone Post
5/7/13 1:54 PM
boda
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where was this first line from?
5/7/13 3:18 PM
MoomBah
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge Rory nut hugger, but Jake should be the favourite here. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.