UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rockhold: Belfort 'main culprit' behind TRT

5/7/13 7:58 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The last and final Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold appeared recently on MMAJunkie Radio to discuss his fight with Vitor Belfort at UFC on FX 8 on May 18 in Brazil.

A point of discussion was Belfort's use of Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Rockhold was asked about the recent UFC pledge to increase monitoring of TRT.

"They're letting him fight in Brazil and use TRT when Nevada doesn't let him," said Rockhold. "So who knows what's going on?"

"It pisses me off a little bit that (Brazil) is the only place that he's fighting, and I think he needs to be dealt with. I'm excited about going to Brazil. I've got a free trip. I get to get paid, and I get to kick someone's ass."

Bouts in Brazil are regulated by the Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA).

Rockhold would prefer that all Athletic Commissions follow identical guidelines. He wishes all ACs mirrored Nevada, which has gone on record as saying Belfort would be unlikely to get a Testosterone Use Exemption, as he previously tested positive for PEDs, in 2006.

"I think Nevada should be the standard for all over the world," said Rockhold. "I don't think it should vary from state to state and country to country. I think if it's OK there, it's OK everywhere, and I think there should be more testing. I think there should be testing for bout camp, beforehand and after.

"I doubt that will happen, but who knows. I'd be willing to do blood tests."

Listen to entire interview...
Read entire article...

5/7/13 8:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/07/13 8:01 AM
TRT? Looks like Rockhold is readying his excuse already.

"Sure he knocked me out, but...but...TRT!"
5/7/13 8:03 AM
All My Holes Overflowing With Jones' CREam

Edited: 05/07/13 8:06 AM

I don't really like when young bucks in the sport criticize a guy like Belfort who has contributed so much to build this sport.

Believe it or not head trauma and a variety of other things can lead to decreased testosterone levels.

When you put such a focus on criticizing a user of TRT it makes you seem weak.

TRT isn't going away and Rockhold should not be overly confident against a guy who could easily put him out cold with a variety of strikes and techniques, this is by far Rockhold's greatest challenge.

5/7/13 8:03 AM
All My Holes Overflowing With Jones' CREam

5/7/13 10:06 AM
Darth Ryase
1331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSauce - TRT? Looks like Rockhold is readying his excuse already.

Excellent excuse, imo.

5/7/13 10:17 AM
Bearded Collie Herds Orca

All My Holes Overflowing With Jones' CREam - 

I don't really like when young bucks in the sport criticize a guy like Belfort who has contributed so much to build this sport.

Believe it or not head trauma and a variety of other things can lead to decreased testosterone levels.

When you put such a focus on criticizing a user of TRT it makes you seem weak.

TRT isn't going away and Rockhold should not be overly confident against a guy who could easily put him out cold with a variety of strikes and techniques, this is by far Rockhold's greatest challenge.

Nonsense. Vitor did steroids illegally in the past, and now is getting special treatment so he can continue to do them. Despite this, Rockhold is fighting him, and you expect him to remain silent? He's not criticizing legitimate TRT exemptions and use, he's criticizing a clear violation of common sense and Nevada rules.
5/7/13 10:23 AM
Bearded Collie Herds Orca

Cool post, thanks. Hadn't seen this before. Crazy to see Toney speaking liking a reasonable human lol.
5/7/13 10:27 AM
lenz0799

Bunch of vitor nut huggers....come on guys he was using, its no surprise. Since he used it before now he needs trt, this is no shocker or anything.

A cheater is a cheater though. Whether he's using trt to cya his cycling or just on the trt, Rockhold is still right. Phone Post
5/7/13 11:47 AM
MasterofMartialArts
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rockhold: "I don't care if he's on TRT or not, I will beat him anyways".

*Continues to complain about Vitors TRT exemption at every opportunity* Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 12:40 PM
snobordr
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give Rockhold the same exemption Vitor gets, imo.  If Vitor's docs say he needs __ cc's every week, then Rockhold gets the same if he wants it.

5/7/13 1:01 PM
Haulport

The reason why Toney and these retired NFL players can't generate test and IGF is because they JUICED FOR DECADES!!!!!!

It is not involved with head trauma. This is JUNK science. Jesus...

BTW: I have said FOR YEARS and right to Keith Kizer on several occassions that NFL football  is FAR more dangerous than boxing or MMA and it seems that some of their other tests indicate that (though how they came to that conclusion is under suspicion considering the above)

5/7/13 1:07 PM
Zomby

Funny how Toney also tested positive for steroids in the Ruiz fight in 2005.

5/7/13 1:32 PM
Jack Skellington
794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockhold is right

5/7/13 2:46 PM
MagSlim

KingofBJJ - 
Zomby - 

Funny how Toney also tested positive for steroids in the Ruiz fight in 2005.

Funny why that's relevant 8 years later?

For the same reason that Vitor's failed test is relevant! Because when you abuse steroids it shuts down natural test production, meaning you have low T and need TRT.

How fucking dumb can you be?

They both cheated, they both want a get out of jail free card -- the ability to reverse the adverse effects of their cheating.

Some people think this isn't 'Nam and that there are rules. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?
5/7/13 2:49 PM
KeithKizer

Nevada SAC, Executive Director
Jack Skellington - 

rockhold is right

"I think Nevada should be the standard for all over the world," said Rockhold.

I appreciate Mr. Rockhold's kind words and his wisdom.

5/7/13 2:53 PM
Lefthook33
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit is getting real Phone Post
5/7/13 3:17 PM
maybesomdayer

The only reason Vitor is still in the UFC is because they need his washed up ass to build the Brazilian market. You are less than a gate keeper. He is a hypocritical cheater who runs around spewing bible verses and claiming TRT is perfectly fine to use. Funny thing is, most fighters without steroids are still better than he is with them. Your a has been. Someone send him to the glue factory.
5/7/13 3:24 PM
falsecrack
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I think Nevada should be the standard for all over the world," said Rockhold. "I don't think it should vary from state to state and country to country. I think if it's OK there, it's OK everywhere, and I think there should be more testing. I think there should be testing for bout camp, beforehand and after."

Amuurrrrrrika.  Fak yea

5/7/13 4:03 PM
DoomFarmer

For the Vitor haters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmdAr5JLTjc
5/7/13 4:05 PM
Card
2031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/7/13 5:02 PM
RyannVonDoom

Darth Ryase -
GarlicSauce - TRT? Looks like Rockhold is readying his excuse already.

Excellent excuse, imo.

Yep. Trt gave vitor hand speed and ko power along with technique. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 5:25 PM
Barbalos

If the commissions allow it then these whiny fighters should talk to the commission if they have problems. Getting tired of this TRT complaint shit. Let's see where Rockhold stands on the issue in ten, 15 years. I'd bet a lot that he will have 'come around' by then.
5/7/13 5:29 PM
MasterofMartialArts
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
MasterofMartialArts - Rockhold: "I don't care if he's on TRT or not, I will beat him anyways".

*Continues to complain about Vitors TRT exemption at every opportunity* Phone Post 3.0
Wow morons like this still on the ug Phone Post 3.0
So you call me an moron, yet share no knowledge of your own? Oh, how ignorance is bliss. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 5:56 PM
SOO72

Vitor wasn't the first to use TRT and he won't be the last. Further, if it's legal for one fighter it should be legal for all of them, not enforced selectively based on the whim of the NSAC.

Nice egomaniac comment from Keiser too, as if there was wisdom in his moves to rail fighters over smoking weed. Change the rules if they don't make sense, that's wisdom, not resorting to "it's illegal" as an excuse to pick a fighter' pocket.

Nevada is the last State AC that should be dictating global policy for this sport.
5/7/13 6:05 PM
DoomFarmer

SOO72 - Vitor wasn't the first to use TRT and he won't be the last. Further, if it's legal for one fighter it should be legal for all of them, not enforced selectively based on the whim of the NSAC.

Nice egomaniac comment from Keiser too, as if there was wisdom in his moves to rail fighters over smoking weed. Change the rules if they don't make sense, that's wisdom, not resorting to "it's illegal" as an excuse to pick a fighter' pocket.

Nevada is the last State AC that should be dictating global policy for this sport.

Exactly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.