UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Best Mma boxer of all time?

5/9/13 1:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sa80teur
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arlovskis Chin -
sa80teur - People are confusing hand strikes with boxing. No love for the Phenom? Or Leonard Garcia? :0) Phone Post 3.0
Leonard Garcia? Is that a joke Phone Post 3.0
Yes! Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 1:57 PM
sa80teur
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naughty Gorilla - How the fuck did BJ get so many votes? If he's the best, what does that make Diaz, GSP, Frankie? Who all boxed him up? Oh but his technique.. gimme a break
Because he's awesome. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 2:30 PM
GARRYD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - 

It's Anderson Silva, followed by Juanito trained Rampage, for me. He was a brilliant counter puncher, who actually kept his hands up and, ya know, defended himself, not playing the barroom brawler game.

There isn't a single MMA fighter with pro boxing experience (even my homie Sakara) that was any good at boxing. If they were, they wouldn't be fighting MMA. At best, some MMA guys beat some lesser ham and eggers in boxing matches.

There are MMA guys with nice offensive boxing (Diaz, Sakara, Pearson, Pickett, Corberry, Noons, Pulver, Penn, Daley, Gomi, Edgar, Nogs, JDS, etc.) but they get hit too much, way too much

Bobby come on mate , JDSs long range boxing is fantastic to watch ,he lands then is in an out with the best footwork i have ever seen in a cage .
JDS has to be up there .
5/9/13 2:33 PM
Bofbro
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/09/13 2:34 PM
Gegard has great boxing, would not not say GOAT MMA Boxer though.
5/9/13 2:54 PM
Gabe Sacchetti
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forgot about sakara, I also like Wineland as well. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 3:48 PM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant see Andy losing to an Edgar of his division.
5/9/13 3:53 PM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
InspiritMick - Gomi

JDS

Penn Phone Post 3.0

Rewatch: Gomi X Diaz, JDS X Cain and BJ X Nick

I recall BJ beating Nick in R1 though Nick is like Mayweather and always adusts later on but it ws quite evident that size was a huge factor in that fight, just as it was vs Rory.

Gomi was a brawler, not a great boxer at all though also outsized by Diaz.

Cain, while showing holes in JDS's game, didnt beat JDS in a boxing match, he beat him with boxing and wrestling.
5/9/13 3:57 PM
Wasa-B

Bobby Lupo - 

It's Anderson Silva, followed by Juanito trained Rampage, for me. He was a brilliant counter puncher, who actually kept his hands up and, ya know, defended himself, not playing the barroom brawler game.

There isn't a single MMA fighter with pro boxing experience (even my homie Sakara) that was any good at boxing. If they were, they wouldn't be fighting MMA. At best, some MMA guys beat some lesser ham and eggers in boxing matches.

There are MMA guys with nice offensive boxing (Diaz, Sakara, Pearson, Pickett, Corberry, Noons, Pulver, Penn, Daley, Gomi, Edgar, Nogs, JDS, etc.) but they get hit too much, way too much

You think Juanito Rampage beats Pride Wand? Its often overlooked that the beginning of the end of the 2nd fight was Wand's hands and then the clinch but it started with Wand connecting with a punch.

Though Andy is a complete MMA striker, his hands are still top flight.
5/9/13 6:05 PM
Lazer MMA

Wasa-B - 
Lazer MMA - 
InspiritMick - Gomi

JDS

Penn Phone Post 3.0

I recall BJ beating Nick in R1 though Nick is like Mayweather and always adusts later on but it ws quite evident that size was a huge factor in that fight, just as it was vs Rory.

Cain, while showing holes in JDS's game, didnt beat JDS in a boxing match, he beat him with boxing and wrestling.

BJ did win RD.1 but it was more about the TD, ground play and control. Overall Diaz landed over 2X as many shots in the fight than Penn.

I named AS here as an easy pick saying again his defensive boxing putting him way on top. Looking at JDS VS Cain, he failed to circle, create any angles at all or even seek to counter. The man moved straight TF backwards. I was dumbfounded but that shit happened (to the chagrin of me and my wallet). I had praised JDS and argued that he'd keep PRIMe Fedor off him by circling and using his superior boxing with 1ers. I had to retract....
5/9/13 6:08 PM
Kostakio
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor219 - Fedor Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 6:18 PM
Joeymarvelous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson, BJ, Fedor and Rampage are mine, but I'm sure I'm forgetting some dudes. Phone Post
5/9/13 6:20 PM
MMAzombie

Marcus Davis was a boxer turned MMA Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 6:23 PM
aaroncev

JDS, a. silva, bj, etc.
5/9/13 6:53 PM
Joeymarvelous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cruz definitely needs a mention. Even though I think Barao will destroy him, I haven't seen footwork like that since Ray Robinson. Phone Post
5/9/13 7:36 PM
ECC170

HUNT,Carter williams,Vitor.Genki Sudo and You newbs mite nvr heard of Remi Morkevicius HE'S a KILLER and Malipet sick also
5/9/13 7:40 PM
Wasa-B

Lazer MMA - 
Wasa-B - 
Lazer MMA - 
InspiritMick - Gomi

JDS

Penn Phone Post 3.0

BJ did win RD.1 but it was more about the TD, ground play and control. Overall Diaz landed over 2X as many shots in the fight than Penn.

I named AS here as an easy pick saying again his defensive boxing putting him way on top. Looking at JDS VS Cain, he failed to circle, create any angles at all or even seek to counter. The man moved straight TF backwards. I was dumbfounded but that shit happened (to the chagrin of me and my wallet). I had praised JDS and argued that he'd keep PRIMe Fedor off him by circling and using his superior boxing with 1ers. I had to retract....

Are you saying BJ didnt outbox Nick in R1?

I think we'll need to see if JDS comes back strong and if that one fight was an anomolie or if those holes are real. I guess a rubber match with Cain would be the most telling.
5/9/13 8:03 PM
ECC170

Remi Morkevicius Brutal Fighter great boxing in MMA accomplished K-1 Striker whos just BRUTAL enjoy!
5/9/13 8:08 PM
ECC170

Remi Morkevicius Brutal Fighter great boxing in MMA accomplished K-1 Striker whos just BRUTAL enjoy!
5/9/13 8:11 PM
ECC170

Fk Dbl post oh well watch and enjoy fkers you wont regret it he 1 most FEROCIOUS fighters I've ever had the pleasure to watch.
5/9/13 8:25 PM
In Limbo
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

prime spencer fisher

5/9/13 8:58 PM
Kostakio
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ECC170 - Remi Morkevicius Brutal Fighter great boxing in MMA accomplished K-1 Striker whos just BRUTAL enjoy!
Voted up. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 9:33 PM
Dana Stern

Maybe you morons missed it the first time, but technically MARK HOMINICK hands down! Phone Post
5/9/13 9:44 PM
Doc T
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers -

i think it depends heavily on how you think of technique vs effectiveness.

the best MMA Boxer technique-wise, may not be the most effective MMA boxer.

This. Absolutely. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 9:46 PM
DEZBOT

Diaz silva jds penn Phone Post
5/9/13 11:02 PM
Goblowyourself
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow...I'm happy to add a decent thread to the site. I've been a member since '11 by have not started posting until recently. Thanks to all you guys for the input/debate.
Oh yeah I still say JDS Penn and Silva are all debatable with a few other names as well. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.