UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miguel Torres lost his memory after getting KO'ed

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/7/13 3:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GuillotineNoCanDefend
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blue namer please:

http://www.bjpenn.com/video-miguel-torres-completely-loses-memory-after-ko-loss/
5/7/13 3:46 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, how long does it take to get your short term memory and wits back? Phone Post
5/7/13 3:51 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies - Damn, how long does it take to get your short term memory and wits back? Phone Post
He may never remember what happened in that fight, I don't know. Phone Post
5/7/13 3:52 PM
Ocean6
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hit my head snow boarding and it took all day for the majority to come back.

Once I slept I was better but not perfect.

Came back slowly over a month, but still have problems with figures and names today, 12 years later.
5/7/13 3:52 PM
fingers 'n' teeth
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

depends on the severity of the concussion

the impact these fighters take are close to the concussive force of car crashes.
The endure far more than safety helmet regulators allow protective gear to administer.
5/7/13 3:54 PM
dbeedy
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for later Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 3:54 PM
Pancake Syrup
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a few things i don't remember from when i played hockey
5/7/13 3:55 PM
flyingtoehold
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. Phone Post
5/7/13 3:56 PM
AnakinHelwani
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always LOL'd whenever Dana used to say there's never been a serious injury in the Octagon.

5/7/13 3:56 PM
shaqitup
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - There's a few things i don't remember from when i played hockey

his name was kyle

5/7/13 3:57 PM
xsrg95
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats's fucking sucks man

5/7/13 4:00 PM
Nitecrawler
2751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
People who have gotten KO'd bad have often had memory loss following the fight.

Usually comes back after 10 minutes or so. I would say if it was days later and he still lost that space in time that that would be cause for alarm.
5/7/13 4:02 PM
Coranamo

AnakinHelwani - 

I always LOL'd whenever Dana used to say there's never been a serious injury in the Octagon.

that fight was long ago, macdonald's fought since hasn't he? we don't know how torres is doing now, I haven't heard about him in a while.

there really haven't been any serious injuries, at least not instantaneous ones but for things like brain damage that happening is just a given... we haven't heard of any fighters coming out of a fight a completely different person, have we?
5/7/13 4:08 PM
the pimp

I remember reading how tre telligman didn't remember getting ko'd by Tim Sylvia. He didn't remember fighting in the UFC or even agreeing to take the fight. I just couldn't believe someone could lose there memory like that. Crazy stuff. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 4:30 PM
DWray
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allen Hood - Wow didn't even know what weight he took the fight at or who he was fighting. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.

"Who was that, Mark Hominick?"
5/7/13 4:38 PM
lifeaftrprison
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Torres is doing fine. Trying to line up something soon I believe. As far as I know he has been training at his place and teaching a good amount. Did a couple seminars. Have a few friends who train up there the mma /bjj community in the region is tight with the guys who have been around awhile. Haven't heard anything negative out of his place. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 4:39 PM
Pancake Syrup
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 
Pancake Syrup - There's a few things i don't remember from when i played hockey

his name was kyle

We weren't allowed to fight if that's what you were trying to say. Not that there wasn't a few occasional ones though
5/7/13 4:41 PM
MachidasBrew

I'm quite fucking glad the ufc pays their fighters peanuts for this. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 4:42 PM
Card
2583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Firas: "You're in the stadium, you just fought Michael McDonald."

Torres: "Yeah with him on top of me. What happened?"

Torres: "So I lost by knockout?"

Firas Zahabi: "Yeah he caught you with an uppercut."

Torres: “I’m I at 135 or 145?”

Firas: “Yeah you fought McDonald at 135, you both weighed in at 135 yesterday.”

Torres: "Really?"

Torres: "Was that Mark Hominick?"

Firas: "No that was Michael McDonald."
5/7/13 4:43 PM
athsportsnutrition
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.athsportsnutrition.com

Scary stuff.

5/7/13 4:48 PM
GuillotineNoCanDefend

lifeaftrprison - Torres is doing fine. Trying to line up something soon I believe. As far as I know he has been training at his place and teaching a good amount. Did a couple seminars. Have a few friends who train up there the mma /bjj community in the region is tight with the guys who have been around awhile. Haven't heard anything negative out of his place. Phone Post 3.0

It's good to hear. Horrible news hearing someone is suffering from an injury, especially one like memory loss, post fight and G-d forbid for longer. Hope to see him back in top form sooner than later.
5/7/13 4:49 PM
Lefthook33
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damb Phone Post
5/7/13 4:55 PM
iwrestledabearonce
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 4:58 PM
Gordo1581
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/07/13 4:59 PM
AnakinHelwani - 

Yeah, I wonder what the fighters' brains look like.

5/7/13 5:03 PM
PrettyBoy
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the ugly truth of this buisness. It's dangerous and brain damage is a reality a lot of MMA fan's havent warmed up to the way boxing fans have. This is why if a fighter makes it to the top of the card they should be getting paid top dollar because you never know when your brain is going to call it quits.

Wheather its BJ Penn or Liz Camoush headlining nobody should be getting paid 12k.

For Roy Jones it was fight #50. As this sport goes on you will be seeing more and more fighters suffering the effects of major brain injuries.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.