UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> PRIME Pride fighter vs PRIME ufc fighter

5/8/13 4:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Optimus PRIME vs Rotimus PRIME
5/8/13 4:21 PM
Wasa-B
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BROKE Fitch vs MOTIVATED BJ vs HEALTHY Shogun
5/8/13 4:34 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

D, I loved Pride up until the last few cards.

I don't know if prime BJ would have owned Pride. I think the Gomi he beat was nothing like the one that went on a tear in Pride. Aurelio tooled Gomi and even arguably should have won the rematch, but that was always a little mystifying. It's not like Gomi didn't easily stop the takedowns of much better wrestlers and destroy standing far better strikers. 

I think those would have been some very interesting fights (BJ/Gomi, Kawajiri, Sakurai).

I'll accept this answer. I'll accept it as a saving grace for you.

You obviously didn't give a definitive answer, and that's fine, you don't have to.

But the question had 1 of 2 answers. Either a fighter you've discredited at length(BJ Penn) is superior to all of Pride's lw division, or an organization that you've discredited at length(Pride) had fighters who were superior to the UFC champion.

The match ups you mentioned would be interesting, but I would most look forward to a 165ish BJ Penn facing a 178ish Sakuraba.  Hard to imagine how that fight would play out. BJ's never been submitted in mma and has never been dropped from a standing strike.

5/8/13 4:45 PM
Wiggy
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit - I didn't know ShoeMoney was a UGer.  Cool to see.

As for the OP:

Styles make fights, not the org, but ring or cage and different rule sets also come into play when breaking fights down

^this

5/8/13 7:06 PM
WoodenPupa
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PRIME numbers vs. COMPOSITE...SEVEN vs. TEN...I say prime ALL DAY...
5/8/13 7:08 PM
Williambonney

Prime Fedor all day every day, forget what Dana tries to brainwash people with and what the noobs saw in Strikeforce when Fedor wasn't even a shadow of himself. A Prime Fedor is the GOAT and would destroy in the UFC
5/8/13 7:09 PM
WoodenPupa
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lookin' for EMPHASIS up in this bitch...uppercase, bold, italicized...GLITTER FONT, all that shit.
5/8/13 7:29 PM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - BROKE Fitch vs MOTIVATED BJ vs HEALTHY Shogun

vs UFC 100 Brock vs KRU Hughes vs HORSEMEAT Overeem
5/8/13 7:38 PM
CharlesLewis
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of the guys in these PRIME threads fought in both orgs, or other orgs like Pancrase, etc. How far did you have to reach to make this a Pride vs UFC thing?

5/8/13 8:07 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - 

Vs Pride Wanderlei vs Chuck with that look in his eyes vs Old Vitor vs New Vitor vs TeeAreTeeTor
5/8/13 9:22 PM
CLINTK9

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode - 
liquidrob - 

Vs Pride Wanderlei vs Chuck with that look in his eyes vs Old Vitor vs New Vitor vs TeeAreTeeTor

vs prime Tank Abbott
5/9/13 1:08 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Roy Nelson starches a PRIME Fedor. Out cold. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 1:55 AM
whoabro

Prime IFL fighter imo Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 11:57 AM
I AM A MOFO
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omega 2013 - 
disbeliever - 
D241 - 

For those that may not know, orcus can be a SOLID poster, as long as the topics do not include-

Fedor

Pride

BJ Penn

K1 Striking

K1 fighters

Being that orcus HATES BJ Penn, and orcus HATES Pride, I would LOVE to see how he gets out of this corner.

What say you orcus? Do you agree that BJ Penn, as shitty and overrated as you think he is, was better than the Pride lw's?

Or is that shitty organization they call Pride have better lightweights than the UFC did?

Pick your poison  :)

I've said it on the boards and also directly to him, I think he contributes a lot of MMA knowledge and history to the boards, and is a generally good poster.

Unless it is a topic he is fanatical about, in which case he ends up attacking, discrediting or revising history about that topic.

i'm interested in seeing evidence of "discrediting or revising history"...

also, no one seemed to have a problem with Whistleblower spewing his nuthuggery of fedor when it was obvious his only agenda was to support the fedor arguement. anyone smart has noticed he completely disappeared the second fedor lost...

Nobody had a problem with WB because (bias or not) he supported his stance with actual FACTS and HISTORY. People like you got angry simply because he knew MMA history better than tem and used it to support his arguments, leaving the likes of you with little more than "NU-UH!"s and anger (and Anderson Slva lust).

You can call him names or try your best to discredit him, but what you probably can't do is refute what he says/said with literal facts/history without being made to look ignorant and foolish for trying, as has even happend to me. Unlike other UG'ers however, I can accept when I'm wrong or just outmatched in knowledge of the subject. I don't carry any anger or grudges because I couldn't win an argument with him or convince anyone my favorite fighter was GOAT while he was around.

Of all the people who think ill of WB or consider him biased, how many of you DON'T/didn't think Anderson Silva is the end all, be all (or have nice things to say about Pride)? Funny how people cry "bias" just because his "bias" went against THEIRS' and he supported it much better.
5/9/13 12:27 PM
disbeliever
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
omega 2013 - 
disbeliever - 
D241 - 

For those that may not know, orcus can be a SOLID poster, as long as the topics do not include-

Fedor

Pride

BJ Penn

K1 Striking

K1 fighters

Being that orcus HATES BJ Penn, and orcus HATES Pride, I would LOVE to see how he gets out of this corner.

What say you orcus? Do you agree that BJ Penn, as shitty and overrated as you think he is, was better than the Pride lw's?

Or is that shitty organization they call Pride have better lightweights than the UFC did?

I've said it on the boards and also directly to him, I think he contributes a lot of MMA knowledge and history to the boards, and is a generally good poster.

Unless it is a topic he is fanatical about, in which case he ends up attacking, discrediting or revising history about that topic.

also, no one seemed to have a problem with Whistleblower spewing his nuthuggery of fedor when it was obvious his only agenda was to support the fedor arguement. anyone smart has noticed he completely disappeared the second fedor lost...

I've already given a very recent example, either in this thread or another.

It was a thread about Pride vs UFC IIRC. He chimed in talking about how Shogun had just had the 2 greatest fights of his UFC career and looked fantastic against Lyoto, and then Jones dismantled him. (Thus trying to use that example to discredit Pride fighters in some round about way).

What he completely left out, didn't mention or even ackknowledge was how after those 2 great career performances by Shogun, he had to have his 3rd knee construction on the same knee, and had over a year layoff rehabbing it. That's a pretty major footnote if hes going to use that to discredit Pride fighters or somehow use it to prove UFC "superiority" don't you think? He made it seem like Shogun had 2 career best performances, and went right into a fight with Jones and lost badly.
5/9/13 12:55 PM
Wasa-B

LOL at TeeArTeeTor
5/9/13 1:13 PM
sniper1026

The skill & training for an MMA fighter has evolved greatly in the past 10 years.

Will the prime Pride fighter be trained in a 2013 training camp or will the prime UFC fighter fight under pride rules?

That being said....
Liddel vs Overeem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvUJPI9LtFs

5/9/13 1:21 PM
disbeliever
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/09/13 1:25 PM
omega 2013 - 
disbeliever -
omega 2013 - 
disbeliever - 
D241 - 

Fedor

Pride

BJ Penn

K1 Striking

K1 fighters

It was a thread about Pride vs UFC IIRC. He chimed in talking about how Shogun had just had the 2 greatest fights of his UFC career and looked fantastic against Lyoto, and then Jones dismantled him. (Thus trying to use that example to discredit Pride fighters in some round about way).

What he completely left out, didn't mention or even ackknowledge was how after those 2 great career performances by Shogun, he had to have his 3rd knee construction on the same knee, and had over a year layoff rehabbing it. That's a pretty major footnote if hes going to use that to discredit Pride fighters or somehow use it to prove UFC "superiority" don't you think? He made it seem like Shogun had 2 career best performances, and went right into a fight with Jones and lost badly.

So basically it's your perception that he's trying to discredit pride fighters? From what you said he just posted the facts, while it seems to me you're trying to make excuses. Phone Post

If by "facts" you mean omit important details, sure. I already said the outcome of the fight might not have even changed, so what "excuses" am I making exactly? All I said was it's not a fair assessment or example. You're taking a 30 year old with 3 major knee reconstructions on the same knee, a year layoff and tons more miles on his body than Jones, who was 23 at the time, and ignoring all of that and simplifying it to "derp ufc fighter won over pride fighter ufc fighter better".

But you know all of that anyway
5/9/13 2:38 PM
D241

Edited: 05/09/13 2:39 PM

omega 2013 - 

Bam
5/9/13 2:58 PM
disbeliever

omega 2013 - 
disbeliever -
omega 2013 - 
disbeliever -
omega 2013 - 
disbeliever - 
D241 - 

Fedor

Pride

BJ Penn

K1 Striking

K1 fighters

So basically it's your perception that he's trying to discredit pride fighters? From what you said he just posted the facts, while it seems to me you're trying to make excuses. Phone Post

If by "facts" you mean omit important details, sure. I already said the outcome of the fight might not have even changed, so what "excuses" am I making exactly? All I said was it's not a fair assessment or example. You're taking a 30 year old with 3 major knee reconstructions on the same knee, a year layoff and tons more miles on his body than Jones, who was 23 at the time, and ignoring all of that and simplifying it to "derp ufc fighter won over pride fighter ufc fighter better".

But you know all of that anyway
Whether or not those details are important are a matter of opinion. Because shogun lost it was "wear n tear". If he had won it would have been "experience", which most people believed before the fight. Semantics... Phone Post

It's not semantics, it's facts. To ignore them is biased, period. I even said the out come would not change, but to pretend the facts don't exist is pure bias.
5/9/13 9:43 PM
WoodenPupa

Sub PRIME mortgage vs. the PRIME directive...engage!!
5/9/13 10:07 PM
orcus

"It's not semantics, it's facts. To ignore them is biased, period. I even said the out come would not change, but to pretend the facts don't exist is pure bias."

What thread was that?

And if you're so against "omitting important details" and think facts like Shogun being 30 and having a year layoff shouldn't be ignored and have to be included to avoid bias, then why do you not only keep silent when people blather about, say, Fedor beating Coleman without mentioning that he was 40, had only one fight in the previous 3 years (a miserable lay and pray of an unranked fighter), and had only one significant win in the 7 years since losing his way out of the UFC on 3 straight, but when *I* point out those "important details", you get all pissy and join the brigade of butthurt retards complaining about my efforts to "discredit" the win?

Tell me again about bias.

5/9/13 10:53 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CLINTK9 - 
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode - 
liquidrob - 

vs prime Tank Abbott

Vs Elitexc Kimbo vs For Real Houston Alexander.
5/10/13 2:45 AM
Wasa-B

5/10/13 9:37 AM
disbeliever

orcus - 

"It's not semantics, it's facts. To ignore them is biased, period. I even said the out come would not change, but to pretend the facts don't exist is pure bias."

What thread was that?

And if you're so against "omitting important details" and think facts like Shogun being 30 and having a year layoff shouldn't be ignored and have to be included to avoid bias, then why do you not only keep silent when people blather about, say, Fedor beating Coleman without mentioning that he was 40, had only one fight in the previous 3 years (a miserable lay and pray of an unranked fighter), and had only one significant win in the 7 years since losing his way out of the UFC on 3 straight, but when *I* point out those "important details", you get all pissy and join the brigade of butthurt retards complaining about my efforts to "discredit" the win?

Tell me again about bias.

You're the one into searching posts, so go look. Recent thread where you were talking about Jones beating Shogun.

Why do I not mention Coleman being 40 or had 1 fight in 3 years? Because I don't need to, you are always there to remind people of that. In every Fedor thread. So what purpose would be repeating it serve? I know you will show up and say those things. Notice how I don't delete them at all? Because they deserve to be in the discussions, and are a valid point.

It's also funny how emotional you get over these things. You go from trying to respond like a grown up to throwing out words like "pissy" and butthurt retard", I think I've even seen you throw out "cunt" recently. Your obsessive compulsive nature is always good for a laugh, because there is no denying how obsessed over anything Pride or Fedor related you are. Nice debating skills!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.