UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leonard Garcia among profiles removed from UFC.com

5/8/13 12:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

How the hell do they cut Sicilia after the fight he had with Maximo Blanco? That is BS.

Complete BS.  He's a warrior.

5/8/13 2:07 PM
JoeMimic
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Junkie has confirmed all these releases.
5/8/13 2:10 PM
JoeMimic
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

How the hell do they cut Sicilia after the fight he had with Maximo Blanco? That is BS.

Complete BS.  He's a warrior.

Sam will be back shortly I'm sure. Tough going these days. Used to take 3 losses to get cut now it's 2 if you're lucky. I also expect to see Holobaugh back too once he gets a win or two outside at 145.
5/8/13 2:23 PM
PrettyBoy
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought they would give Justin Lawrence one more.
5/8/13 2:28 PM
XFO MMA
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to Bart, he was taking a year off regardless of the outcome of his last fight.  I don't expect to see him fighting anywhere, anytime soon.  His wife is due with their second child and he wants some Family time which is understandable.

5/8/13 2:55 PM
PeaceThroughStrength
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never enjoy reading about a hard working person losing their job,but each one of them had a great opportunity to fight in the UFC.Not every fighter in the UFC will stick around for years,just as most fighters will never make it to the UFC.
It sucks when a fighter you enjoy watching fight gets cut,but at the same time it's freeing up space for another hard working fighter to get a chance to fight in the UFC.There's only so many slots available in the UFC,and not everyone will be happy with who gets to fill it.

5/8/13 4:28 PM
sleepernoob
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/08/13 4:29 PM
I'd rather pay to watch a Garcia PPV than a watch 10 free Jon Fitch or "new" Guida fights. The dude is a true warrior unlike these point fighters.
5/8/13 4:54 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paquet90 - YES the day has come that Leonard Garcia has been cut i still dont agree with the Antonio Carvalho cut but he will be back.
Damn.

I've not been a big fan of Garcia but it doesn't make my day brighter because he lost his job.

Does Garcia losing his job make your life better?

Odds are no.

I can't take joy in a guy getting cut.

Losing? Sure. Cheer the guy you want and hope the other guy loses.

I just draw the line at wishing them bodily harm beyond the norm or losing their gig.

It takes balls to chase a dream, it's rare to realize it and to think there are men taking joy in another's failure or loss of said dream?

No way.

I am never happy to see anyone's name on these lists. Phone Post
5/8/13 5:18 PM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

patinho - I'm heartbroken. I really wanted to get another shot out there. I feel for all the fighters that got cut.

I've been involved in this sport professionally for over 10 years. Before it was "cool" to do UFC :) The FW rankings stem back from when I started competing in Shooto years ago. So I am very proud to be a part of that.

I travelled all over the world trying to fight the best guys to establish the division. Mma was not legal where I lived. I basically lived under the poverty line and fought the toughest guys for very little money. That said, it was my choice and I loved living that life

I wish I was more consistent with my performances. Injuries and life some times take effect and things don't always go as planned. Alas, so I digress...

On a positive note, people within the community have sent me so many positive messages. It's been pretty awesome. Don't know what I'm going to do now. Need some time to figure things out.

Antonio Carvalho
You will be back fella keep your head up!! Phone Post
5/8/13 5:22 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a very difficult business to thrive in and prolong, especially since Fitch got cut.

UFC has a dearth of card space for all these fighters, and with some wins on the local circuit they will have opportunities in bellator or a chance at redemption back in the big show.

Win or lose, all fighters are assets to MMA, as they provide not only entertainment but challenges for other fighters who for all we know could be a successor for a UFC title.
5/8/13 5:28 PM
luctaro
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a shame but Leonard needed to go. I had people over for the last event and they ended up laughing at his lack of technique/fight level (got destroyed by the joke of the division). This shouldn't happen when you are watching a UFC fighter in action.
5/8/13 5:58 PM
sevr1

Leonard Garcie? (UG News Title)

Never heard of him...
5/8/13 6:40 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

My thoughts exactly - apparently they only like some fighters who 'war' Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 7:07 PM
tonytr

All of them make sense. The fact of the matter is they can't keep all of those TUF cast-offs anymore. It's diluting the product.
5/8/13 7:08 PM
i remember halloween

It's the cycle of the business unfortunately.  While it sucks that guys lose their jobs and are forced to move on, without making room on the rosters, newer guys wouldn't get a chance.  There definitely are some more deserving cuts than others - for example Antonio is 2-1 in his last 3 fights, I think he deserves another fight for sure.

5/8/13 7:22 PM
Labrador
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't Justin Lawrence "the next Anderson Silva" rev. 3? Looks like that's pretty much the kiss of death.
5/8/13 7:31 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Paquet90 - YES the day has come that Leonard Garcia has been cut i still dont agree with the Antonio Carvalho cut but he will be back.
Damn.

I've not been a big fan of Garcia but it doesn't make my day brighter because he lost his job.

Does Garcia losing his job make your life better?

Odds are no.

I can't take joy in a guy getting cut.

Losing? Sure. Cheer the guy you want and hope the other guy loses.

I just draw the line at wishing them bodily harm beyond the norm or losing their gig.

It takes balls to chase a dream, it's rare to realize it and to think there are men taking joy in another's failure or loss of said dream?

No way.

I am never happy to see anyone's name on these lists. Phone Post

THIS!!!!!

I don't understand how anyone would be glad soemone lost their job.

I cannot stand Bisping, he is the one fighter that I dislike, and I still would not like to see the guy get cut.

All these guys sacrificed a lot to make it into the octagon, how anyone could rejoice at someone losing out on their dream is beyond me.

5/8/13 8:21 PM
BrunoMcGyver
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't agree with the Carvalho and Holobaugh cuts. The UFC could have at least put them against each other in the prelims of an Fuel TV card. Both have put on entertaining fights and have shown they can hold their own in the Octagon. Should have got one last chance imo.

Oh well. That's business.

5/8/13 9:03 PM
Jack_Bauer
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn.....looks like the some other MMA organizations are going to have the opportunity to sign some pretty fucking exciting fighters

5/8/13 9:38 PM
Naughty Gorilla

I'll miss seeing him get beat up, won't miss him getting BS decisions for being "exciting"

And bring back CARVALHO
5/9/13 10:15 AM
mmavixen

Jack_Bauer - 

Damn.....looks like the some other MMA organizations are going to have the opportunity to sign some pretty fucking exciting fighters

Yep

5/9/13 9:59 PM
ClassicMacGruber

I'm sure Soares isn't an easy person to contact, so would anyone know what gym, or who would be the best person to contact about Justin Lawrence and possibly booking him?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.