UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Rafa / Marcelo ???

5/8/13 5:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cardio
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We will try to make that happen for you.

Thanks!

Support
Metamoris Pro Jiu-Jitsu Invitational
www.metamoris.com

iPhoned

On May 8, 2013, at 2:15 PM, Paul O'Riley wrote:

Rafael Mendes vs. Marcelo Garcia.

That's all.

- Paul
5/8/13 5:51 PM
ohmy23
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is less likely then Mayweather/pac from a few years back.

Not knocking anyone but metamoris had to get Brendan Schaub to fill a spot Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 6:38 PM
Rival School

ohmy23 - This is less likely then Mayweather/pac from a few years back.

Not knocking anyone but metamoris had to get Brendan Schaub to fill a spot Phone Post 3.0
They obviously didn't have to. I'm sure tons of guys would have taken that spot. It's called using a name to get people to watch you goon. Phone Post
5/8/13 11:20 PM
Muffinho
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's called throwing a bone to one of your buddies.
5/8/13 11:26 PM
ohmy23
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School - 

They obviously didn't have to. I'm sure tons of guys would have taken that spot. It's called using a name to get people to watch you goon. Phone Post

So you think Brendan Schaub is a "name" to bring casual or even hardcore MMA fans to pay $20 to watch grappling matches?? Aoki on the other hand, that may entice some of the hardcore MMA fans to buy the stream.

The BJJ fans would be buying the card whether Schaub was on it or not, and I just can't fathom MMA fans buying the feed to tune in. Call me a goon or call me crazy, but I feel your logic is flawed.
5/8/13 11:37 PM
Pride Wanderlei

War MG Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 2:21 AM
ozjiujitsu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like rafas game. But marcelo is a genius! Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 2:43 AM
pitbullxyz

Rafa vs Marcelo, submission only is the only match left in Jiu-Jitsu that matters.
5/9/13 12:45 PM
Akston
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If marcelo is competition sharp I'd love to see this. I don't want another roger buchecha where the match is impacted by training positions in life. I want it to be when both competitors are focused on their bjj and competing Phone Post
5/9/13 5:24 PM
demandango
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Akston - If marcelo is competition sharp I'd love to see this. I don't want another roger buchecha where the match is impacted by training positions in life. I want it to be when both competitors are focused on their bjj and competing Phone Post
This. Would love to see the match though. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 8:34 PM
JRockwell
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Akston - If marcelo is competition sharp I'd love to see this. I don't want another roger buchecha where the match is impacted by training positions in life. I want it to be when both competitors are focused on their bjj and competing Phone Post
Agree. Phone Post
5/9/13 8:43 PM
poolparty

I don't think I want to see it. Weight difference and Marcelo hasn't been competing. Only would be interesting if it was no Gi.
5/10/13 10:26 AM
BigEyedFish
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School - 

LMFAO. Metamoris is for serious grappling fans. If they wanted to attract the MMA crowd, there are a TON of better and more well known grapplers in MMA.

What it is really called is Nepotism. Schaub got the nod because he is a student of Raleks. End of story. It is a shit call and Im not buying this event. I will not support it this time around.
5/10/13 11:31 AM
karmarep

I wouldn't mind some older BJJ guys back in the mix on these card. I am sure a true BJJ fan wouldn't mind watching

rematch Shaolin vs marcio feitosa
Robinson vs Royler
rematch Royler vs Leozinho
Saulo vs Ricardo Almeida

5/11/13 12:11 AM
Akston
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

karmarep - I wouldn't mind some older BJJ guys back in the mix on these card. I am sure a true BJJ fan wouldn't mind watching

rematch Shaolin vs marcio feitosa
Robinson vs Royler
rematch Royler vs Leozinho
Saulo vs Ricardo Almeida

Nice Phone Post
5/11/13 12:13 AM
Pride Wanderlei

poolparty - I don't think I want to see it. Weight difference and Marcelo hasn't been competing. Only would be interesting if it was no Gi.

I thought Rafa cut major weight? I thought Mareclo and Rafa were very close in weight to one another?

5/11/13 9:01 AM
blackmonkey

After seeing Rafa own Bill Cooper I don't think weight is that much of an issue if this fight ever happened. Rafa would have a more than decent chance of submitting MG.
5/11/13 10:22 AM
Baroquen Record

If anyone can beat Raf right now, it is Marcelo, but I just don't see it happening. I'd love to watch, but wouldn't be surprised to see a draw or Marcelo losing.
5/11/13 11:34 AM
Pride Wanderlei

Baroquen Record - If anyone can beat Raf right now, it is Marcelo, but I just don't see it happening. I'd love to watch, but wouldn't be surprised to see a draw or Marcelo losing.
Im going the other way, I think Marcelo takes it.

SOMEONE SET THIS UP!!! Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 1:51 AM
shiki31

Marcelo isn't competition training and his roll with Lovato was still competitive. Lovato is heavier too. I think Rafa would have to win on points. He would not submit Garcia. Would love to see Garcia's passing vs Rafa's bottom game Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 11:06 PM
Baroquen Record

shiki31 - Marcelo isn't competition training and his roll with Lovato was still competitive. Lovato is heavier too. I think Rafa would have to win on points. He would not submit Garcia. Would love to see Garcia's passing vs Rafa's bottom game Phone Post 3.0

Lovato is great and all, but Raf is on a different level.

Also, judging based on training isn't really fair IMO. Marcelo is better in competition than he is when rolling usually. Tough to tell from that.

There is only one way to answer it.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
5/14/13 4:23 AM
Usagi Yojimbo

Rafa vs Marcelo is the ultimate dream match! If we want to see Marcelo close to his prime again, this might be the last chance.

Would easily pay just for this match alone!!
5/15/13 9:43 AM
Beeran
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride Wanderlei - 
poolparty - I don't think I want to see it. Weight difference and Marcelo hasn't been competing. Only would be interesting if it was no Gi.

I thought Rafa cut major weight? I thought Mareclo and Rafa were very close in weight to one another?

I seem to remember the intro to Advanced BJJ Techniques saying that Marcelo weighed like 200 pounds in between comps. I could be a bit off, but I remember being very surprised at whatever the number was. Rafa walks around at what, 170 tops? I would still give Rafa a good chance to pull it off, and I'd pay a lot to watch it.
5/15/13 9:44 AM
Muffinho

Mg is close to 180 year round.

Rafa hits around 170, but competition shape he'd be close to 160.

MG would beat Rafa nogi. Rafa would win on points in the gi.
5/15/13 10:47 AM
shermbe

Muffinho - Mg is close to 180 year round.

Rafa hits around 170, but competition shape he'd be close to 160.

MG would beat Rafa nogi. Rafa would win on points in the gi.

Rafa can't beat Cobrinha on points in the gi, what makes you think he could beat Marcelo in the gi?

Marcelo hasn't been beaten in the Gi in years. he didnt even have a point in the Mundials 2011.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.