UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> EA UFC game won't be out until after March 2014

5/8/13 6:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/08/13 6:53 PM

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/07/ea-tiger-woods-pga-tour-15-ufc-not-planned-before-next-march/

Speaking during today's investor call, EA Labels boss Frank Gibeau explicitly mentioned 11 games the company plans to launch before next March, none of which were UFC or Tiger (Woods '15). When asked for clarification, a representative for EA told us the games would not release in the fiscal year, though they are "still in development."

5/8/13 6:55 PM
ProteinBake
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
5/8/13 6:55 PM
Spiderknows
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Negotiations stalled with Ryan Couture? Phone Post
5/8/13 6:56 PM
danggook
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that sucks wish that could just update the sf one and make ufc this year. Phone Post
5/8/13 6:56 PM
thomas lovely
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

will most likely blow like the rest of the series. Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 6:57 PM
BJs Pen
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bummer. I was looking forward to playing this sooner. Do you know if they're going to do a new game each year (like all the other sports games)?
5/8/13 7:02 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJs Pen - Bummer. I was looking forward to playing this sooner. Do you know if they're going to do a new game each year (like all the other sports games)?

they're supposed to be on like a 14 month cycle but idk what's going on now.

5/8/13 7:03 PM
macblack

Frig Phone Post
5/8/13 7:05 PM
ProteinBake
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please let there be an option to shit-talk your way to a title shot in this game! I suck so bad at these games, it'll be my only fucking chance!!
5/8/13 7:11 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprised.  They knew they needed to build a new engine for this game from the ground up, that takes about a year and a half to do.  They are probably just starting to actually do coding work on the game itself now, if they've even started on that part yet.  They might still just have all hands working on the engine.

5/8/13 7:21 PM
Chris27

No point in rushing it, take your time, make the game good, release it with the new systems sometime next year.

Roster for this game should be nuts, SF fighters, Flyweights, Ronda and the females, keep the Pride ring/rules, maybe add WEC and SF cages.
5/8/13 7:23 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - No point in rushing it, take your time, make the game good, release it with the new systems sometime next year.

Roster for this game should be nuts, SF fighters, Flyweights, Ronda and the females, keep the Pride ring/rules, maybe add WEC and SF cages.

It's EA and a next gen game, so I'm actually expecting a full roster with updates with new cuts and additions.  They will actually try and keep it to the real UFC roster.

5/8/13 7:25 PM
Joeymarvelous
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have the feeling it'll be worth the wait, so long as they leave the striking system from Undisputed 3 (mostly) alone. Phone Post
5/8/13 7:38 PM
DoomFarmer

Put in SAKARA!!!!
5/8/13 7:55 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully it's on the next gen consoles.

I don't mind waiting as long as it's worth it. I hope this game is nothing like EA MMA or the Undisputed games, I want this game to be a completely new experience, I want it to be like nothing I have ever played before. Phone Post
5/8/13 7:56 PM
All My Holes Overflowing With Jones' CREam
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The release date makes me happy, most likely means that EA is going to take their time and make sure they do it right.
5/8/13 8:01 PM
SonnendbySilva
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YukiNakai'sEye - Thank fuck EA are doing it. The soundtrack made me play the game on mute. Phone Post
Tiger Woods 14 soundtrack is gash and that's done by ea so don't get your hopes up Phone Post
5/8/13 8:05 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Real question is when is the next fight night coming out Phone Post
5/8/13 8:10 PM
time traveling 12er
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a new console cycle so they need to create a new base for the rest of the series sequels to be built off of.  Not surprised it's going to take a long time.  But I'd rather them take a long time than pay to be a beta tester.

5/8/13 10:08 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Why would they even tell is about a game 2 years before it's even released? We've already been talking about this game for a fucking year now. It should already be out. Phone Post
5/8/13 10:11 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will be worth the wait. Undisputed 3 still does it for me.
5/8/13 10:59 PM
time traveling 12er
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Why would they even tell is about a game 2 years before it's even released? We've already been talking about this game for a fucking year now. It should already be out. Phone Post

Probably because this wasn't a normal game development.  EA basically bought the rights to make the game during the bankruptcy of THQ so it was all very public.

5/8/13 11:52 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Why would they even tell is about a game 2 years before it's even released? We've already been talking about this game for a fucking year now. It should already be out. Phone Post

They didn't though, they just announced they acquired the rights.  Which they basically had to, because it would have been public knowledge within a matter of days anyway, so why not take the opportunity at a place like E3.

5/9/13 12:02 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - No point in rushing it, take your time, make the game good, release it with the new systems sometime next year.

This.

I have strong faith that EA will make this game worth the wait. Just imagine, new gen console, new roster, etc. So much could happen technicologically in the mean time as well.

I guess thq will have to do until then. Phone Post
5/9/13 12:08 AM
VTCO
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Bingo. All the assets from THQ which shifted to other publishers were made public, so there would be no point in letting that news break on some gaming blog and not announcing it at a huge international, very mainstream trade show.

From what I recall, the EA presser was aired live on Spike.

Also, it's not uncommon for games to be announced 1.5 to 2 years or more in advance. So long as not too much is revealed, it never hurts to announce the game and have the buzz going early. For instance, The Last of Us (PS3) is coming out next month and was announced in December 2011 and BioShock Infinite came out in March and was announced in the summer of 2010. It can hurt if the game is constantly delayed and misses an announced release date, but simply unveiling the game's existence can happen way in advance.

I can see this being one of the early "showcase" games for PS4 and the next XBOX, much like FN3 was for PS3/360. EA Sports MMA was a fun game, but it was severely lacking in everything from moves to presentation. It was almost like they shipped out the beta, and it essentially was a beta for EA's "live broadcasting" gimmick.

The delay may suck right now, but people should be glad that the game is being worked on from the ground up and getting ample development time. Had the first UFC game just been an updated EA Sports MMA engine and then the game that came out after that was what we will be getting, a lot of you would probably feel ripped off.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.