UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> EA UFC game won't be out until after March 2014

5/9/13 12:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrefs -
Joeymarvelous -  I have the feeling it'll be worth the wait, so long as they leave the striking system from Undisputed 3 (mostly) alone. Phone Post

They should put as much striking from 'Fight Night Champion' in as possible. That game is a solid 10.
Well they did that with EA MMA and tbh I still play that game now and then.

I liked EAs sub controls and striking but its not as good as the latest undisputed.

In sone ways EA sucks, I hate that they milk you for a new game every year instead of just updating and charging a fee for addons/updates.

I think they should offer a robust mmo world where you can create a fight camp, and train with a team by inviting or joining other players to you're/ their camp.

I'd like to see players be able to fight in camp or individual ladders, wins earn points for your camp that you can buy team equipment with. Friends and other players should be able to to visit and train with you're team by invite or by a setting that allows random people to join and train at you're gym temporarily.

Anyway.. Phone Post
5/9/13 4:13 AM
time traveling 12er
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTCO - ^^^ Bingo. All the assets from THQ which shifted to other publishers were made public, so there would be no point in letting that news break on some gaming blog and not announcing it at a huge international, very mainstream trade show.

From what I recall, the EA presser was aired live on Spike.

Also, it's not uncommon for games to be announced 1.5 to 2 years or more in advance. So long as not too much is revealed, it never hurts to announce the game and have the buzz going early. For instance, The Last of Us (PS3) is coming out next month and was announced in December 2011 and BioShock Infinite came out in March and was announced in the summer of 2010. It can hurt if the game is constantly delayed and misses an announced release date, but simply unveiling the game's existence can happen way in advance.

I can see this being one of the early "showcase" games for PS4 and the next XBOX, much like FN3 was for PS3/360. EA Sports MMA was a fun game, but it was severely lacking in everything from moves to presentation. It was almost like they shipped out the beta, and it essentially was a beta for EA's "live broadcasting" gimmick.

The delay may suck right now, but people should be glad that the game is being worked on from the ground up and getting ample development time. Had the first UFC game just been an updated EA Sports MMA engine and then the game that came out after that was what we will be getting, a lot of you would probably feel ripped off.

That would be amazing for the sport if they could make launch, but I think both consoles are planning for Christmas this year and they're targeting Q1 2014.  I guess as long as they can get in the launch window they might still get that early adopter rush.  That could get lots of non-mma people to buy the game and also get new people in to the sport.  I hope they show something at E3 this year since I'm going.  I'd really like to try it out even if it's at an extremely early state.  Fight Night 3 is a large part of why I bought an Xbox 360 so early.

5/9/13 4:21 AM
Brice W
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah well, at least it will be for the new consoles.
5/9/13 5:19 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrefs - 
Joeymarvelous -  I have the feeling it'll be worth the wait, so long as they leave the striking system from Undisputed 3 (mostly) alone. Phone Post

They should put as much striking from 'Fight Night Champion' in as possible. That game is a solid 10.

Round 3's striking mechanics would be better. FUCKING LOVED ROUND 3.
5/9/13 7:24 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will only buy this game if it has Minowaman and a SuperHluk Tournament mode
5/9/13 7:31 AM
ChaosOverkill
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/09/13 7:31 AM

EA has bigger fish to fry now that they have the Disney Star Wars Contract. Everything else gets delayed as they put the major focus on those games and the new gen of consoles is also part of the wait

5/9/13 7:32 AM
Ramon Maroni

Chris27 - No point in rushing it, take your time, make the game good, release it with the new systems sometime next year.

Roster for this game should be nuts, SF fighters, Flyweights, Ronda and the females, keep the Pride ring/rules, maybe add WEC and SF cages.

fucking awesome idea's right here
5/9/13 7:35 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrefs - 
MysteriousNinjaFromMars -
rrefs - 

Was FNR3 the one where you had to choose which body part you had to block? If so then I wouldn't be a fan if it. In FNC, you just had to hold down the block button and it would automatically block body and head shots.

Fight Night Champion had the better punching controls because all you had to do to punch was flick the joy stick instead of doing some weird half circles with the joy stick. Also better graphics. Phone Post

yeah thats the one , I think its better than the recent fight night games. The new ones are too easy.
5/9/13 8:11 AM
Kneeblock
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EA may be bankrupt by next fiscal year. They've had a lot of trouble lately.

5/9/13 8:23 AM
RowdyBec
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the fraggle?? I'm already sick of playing Undisputed 3!!

5/9/13 9:25 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars

RowdyBec - 

What the fraggle?? I'm already sick of playing Undisputed 3!!

Watch your language.
5/9/13 10:31 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
685 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We need to have another UFC 3 tourney this year. Maybe Bec Hyatt could participate :) Phone Post
5/9/13 10:33 AM
Stea1th

New consoles come out this Xmas. Makes sense why they would want to wait. Phone Post
5/9/13 10:35 AM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock - 

EA may be bankrupt by next fiscal year. They've had a lot of trouble lately.

they laid off 10% of there staff yesterday.
5/9/13 10:48 AM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson P. Sonnen - We need to have another UFC 3 tourney this year. Maybe Bec Hyatt could participate :) Phone Post
If you guys want I can contact FedorFTW and try to set one up? Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 11:02 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
685 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Purgey -
Anderson P. Sonnen - We need to have another UFC 3 tourney this year. Maybe Bec Hyatt could participate :) Phone Post
If you guys want I can contact FedorFTW and try to set one up? Phone Post 3.0
Hell yeah man get a thread started or bump the old one when it's official. Phone Post
5/9/13 11:15 AM
Hitorkey
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, there's no surprise this won't be out for a while. So many variables at put up against this.

- New team. New designers and programmers can give a fresh look but need to research tons of MMA footage and previous titles to figure out what core mechanics they want to focus on.

- New Console = New Engine. All of that shit is always buggy. Trust me, working on brand new engines is always rough, just ask Silicon Knights, lol. 

- New Assets. I'm assuming given the big graphics push coming, All new character models and mocap has to be done for all the major players. 

I haven't worked on a combat game personally, but I can tell you that I've many a fully fleshed out games have been completely scratched and restarted in timeframes these long.

5/9/13 11:51 AM
Joeymarvelous
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrefs -

Wouldn't work with kicks. Phone Post
5/9/13 11:58 AM
Doc T
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just started playing ea mma again a few days ago and forgot how awesome that game can be. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 12:15 PM
transamman

hope they make an unlimited fight career mode where stats start diminishing after 10 years or so instead of having a set number of fights Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 3:53 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen

transamman - hope they make an unlimited fight career mode where stats start diminishing after 10 years or so instead of having a set number of fights Phone Post 3.0
I was thinking this last night when I was playing legacy mode on FN:C. The more damage you take, you'll get messages from your manager saying brain scans weren't good, avoid damage or forced retirement etc.

It should be something kike that. Along with catch weight challenges and superfights. Phone Post
5/9/13 3:54 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Anderson P. Sonnen -
transamman - hope they make an unlimited fight career mode where stats start diminishing after 10 years or so instead of having a set number of fights Phone Post 3.0
I was thinking this last night when I was playing legacy mode on FN:C. The more damage you take, you'll get messages from your manager saying brain scans weren't good, avoid damage or forced retirement etc.

It should be something kike that. Along with catch weight challenges and superfights. Phone Post
Lol ** like ** Phone Post
5/9/13 6:15 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen

It appears THQ is in the process of shutting down the game for good as far as online goes. Reason being that DLC fighters are not playable online, nor can you purchase DLC. They don't have any UFC games on demand anymore. Which sucks because I was trying to get Sakara. Phone Post
5/9/13 6:22 PM
Doc T
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrefs -
MysteriousNinjaFromMars -
rrefs - 

Was FNR3 the one where you had to choose which body part you had to block? If so then I wouldn't be a fan if it. In FNC, you just had to hold down the block button and it would automatically block body and head shots.

Fight Night Champion had the better punching controls because all you had to do to punch was flick the joy stick instead of doing some weird half circles with the joy stick. Also better graphics. Phone Post
The stick flicking is much better than the half circle system they used in the previous fight night games, and in ea mma. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 6:26 PM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That blows Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.