UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The fight Weidman won that proves he's ready

5/9/13 2:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nolabrum
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/09/13 2:43 AM
Submissable - 
nolabrum - Here is some "info" for you. Everybody who challenged for the 185 Lb strap last 5 fights. In order from the fight they fought to earn their shot to their oldest fight.

A. SIlva
Win VS Leben
Win Vs Tony Frklund
Loss Via DQ to Okami
Win Vs Curtis Stout
Win vs Jorge Rivera

^^ Wow that is impressive

Travis Lutter
W vs Patrick Cote
A bunch of wins at the Tuff tournament

Nate Marquart All wins
Dean Lister
Crafton Wallace
Joe Doerkson
Ivan Salavarry
Izuru takeuchi

Franklin (ex champ, who got dominated by Silva)
W over Okami
W Jason MacDonald
L Anderson SIlva
W David Loiseau
W Nate Quarry (Last 3 fight were title defenses)

Dan Hendo( Ex pride CHamp in 2 weight classe)
L Quinton Rampage (for LHW belt)
W- Wanderlei
W- Belfort
L-Kazuo Misaki
W-Kazuo Misaki

Patrick Cote
W RIcardo Almedia (split decision win)
W- Drew McFredries
W-Kendall Grove
W-Jason Day
w- Scott Smith

Thales Leites
W Drew McFredries
W- Nate Marquart (split decision)
W- Ryan Jenson
W-Floyd Sword
W- Pete Sell

Damian Maia
W-Dan Miller
L-Nate Marquart (KTFO)
W-CHael Sonnen
W-Nate Quarry
W-Jason MacDonald

Chael P
W-Nate Marquart
W-Okami
W-Dan Miller
L-Damian Maia
W-Paulo Filho

Vitor Belfort
W-Rich Franklin at 195
W-Matt Lindland
W-Terry Martin
w-James Zikic
W-Ivan Serati

Chael again
W-Michel Bisping
W-Brian Stann
L-Anderson Silva

Which fighter did more in his last 5 fights then Weidman?
Correct me if I'm wrong but he isn't comparing past contenders conquests for a right to fight Anderson but which fight and which fighter Weidman beat that makes you believe the hype Weidman is trying to build. Phone Post 3.0

Apolagies. You are correct sir. I will vote you up. But maybe just watch from 1:43-2:40

also a lil something for the tuff crowd from 30-53

5/9/13 2:53 AM
nolabrum
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine a bigger, Faster, stronger version of this against the legend. Weidman might dominate the fight and lose at the last minute just like Chael. Anderson might make Weidman look worse then he did Forrest, Bonnar, Marquart, Franklin X2, Irvin, Belfort .... just about anybody he has fought. Weidman might fight a way to win. I dont know who will win. What I do know is that Weidman is absolutely 100% the number one contender. He deserves his shot. THis fight can turn out to be a bad ass fight or a domination by Silva. Everybody should be excited for this but it seems like the Anderson Nutswingers keep trying very hard to discredit Weidman. I am not saying Info is oe of those guys. I'm just saying yall should be excited for a great fight.
5/9/13 3:31 AM
inf0
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not even saying he doesn't deserve it. I'm just saying he hasn't been brought up properly. This is a classic example of poor fighter management. Too much too soon. He hasn't even been tested against talent that is even in the same dimension as Anderson Silva. Where is the Belfort, Bisping, Lawler or even Franklin on Weidman's resume? I'd settle a Leben even.. someone who can grapple and throw KO shots. Untested.

5/9/13 10:26 AM
OCMikelob
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva will smash him, just to make a point Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 10:26 AM
OCMikelob
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists - He's so overconfident that he might just have a break down when Silva crushes him.
This Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 10:30 AM
OCMikelob

inf0 -

lol @ the 3 butt-hurt Weidman fans that voted me down...

VU brotha for speaking the truth! Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 10:35 AM
Dirty Harold
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz Fan - who else has destroyed munoz like he was nothing like weidman did?

who else could take a fight against maia with a 10 day 30 pound weight cut and still win?

not to mention chokes tom lawlor unconscious in 2 mins, tkos a dangerous striker in Uriah hall in his third mma fight, beats and dominates ufc veteran sakara in his ufc debut.

Weidman is a bad motherfucker!!

10-0 july 6th and new champion!

Matt Hammill did.

Ergo...
5/9/13 10:36 AM
OCMikelob

nolabrum - Here is some "info" for you. Everybody who challenged for the 185 Lb strap last 5 fights. In order from the fight they fought to earn their shot to their oldest fight.

A. SIlva
Win VS Leben
Win Vs Tony Frklund
Loss Via DQ to Okami
Win Vs Curtis Stout
Win vs Jorge Rivera

^^ Wow that is impressive

Travis Lutter
W vs Patrick Cote
A bunch of wins at the Tuff tournament

Nate Marquart All wins
Dean Lister
Crafton Wallace
Joe Doerkson
Ivan Salavarry
Izuru takeuchi

Franklin (ex champ, who got dominated by Silva)
W over Okami
W Jason MacDonald
L Anderson SIlva
W David Loiseau
W Nate Quarry (Last 3 fight were title defenses)

Dan Hendo( Ex pride CHamp in 2 weight classe)
L Quinton Rampage (for LHW belt)
W- Wanderlei
W- Belfort
L-Kazuo Misaki
W-Kazuo Misaki

Patrick Cote
W RIcardo Almedia (split decision win)
W- Drew McFredries
W-Kendall Grove
W-Jason Day
w- Scott Smith

Thales Leites
W Drew McFredries
W- Nate Marquart (split decision)
W- Ryan Jenson
W-Floyd Sword
W- Pete Sell

Damian Maia
W-Dan Miller
L-Nate Marquart (KTFO)
W-CHael Sonnen
W-Nate Quarry
W-Jason MacDonald

Chael P
W-Nate Marquart
W-Okami
W-Dan Miller
L-Damian Maia
W-Paulo Filho

Vitor Belfort
W-Rich Franklin at 195
W-Matt Lindland
W-Terry Martin
w-James Zikic
W-Ivan Serati

Chael again
W-Michel Bisping
W-Brian Stann
L-Anderson Silva

Which fighter did more in his last 5 fights then Weidman?
That's alot of work and typing to prove that Weidman's gonna get annihilated Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 11:08 AM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nolabrum - Imagine a bigger, Faster, stronger version of this against the legend. Weidman might dominate the fight and lose at the last minute just like Chael. Anderson might make Weidman look worse then he did Forrest, Bonnar, Marquart, Franklin X2, Irvin, Belfort .... just about anybody he has fought. Weidman might fight a way to win. I dont know who will win. What I do know is that Weidman is absolutely 100% the number one contender. He deserves his shot. THis fight can turn out to be a bad ass fight or a domination by Silva. Everybody should be excited for this but it seems like the Anderson Nutswingers keep trying very hard to discredit Weidman. I am not saying Info is oe of those guys. I'm just saying yall should be excited for a great fight.
So the shellacking in that second fight did nothing to convince you that AS's injured ribs were a huge contributing factor to Chael's success in the first fight? Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 12:03 PM
nolabrum

Dirty Harold - 
Nick Diaz Fan - who else has destroyed munoz like he was nothing like weidman did?

who else could take a fight against maia with a 10 day 30 pound weight cut and still win?

not to mention chokes tom lawlor unconscious in 2 mins, tkos a dangerous striker in Uriah hall in his third mma fight, beats and dominates ufc veteran sakara in his ufc debut.

Matt Hammill did.

Ergo...

You're right Munoz lost his first UFC fight fighting above his natural Weiight class. Silva has never lost a fight that he should have won.
5/9/13 12:11 PM
nolabrum

fryingarmbar - 
nolabrum - Imagine a bigger, Faster, stronger version of this against the legend. Weidman might dominate the fight and lose at the last minute just like Chael. Anderson might make Weidman look worse then he did Forrest, Bonnar, Marquart, Franklin X2, Irvin, Belfort .... just about anybody he has fought. Weidman might fight a way to win. I dont know who will win. What I do know is that Weidman is absolutely 100% the number one contender. He deserves his shot. THis fight can turn out to be a bad ass fight or a domination by Silva. Everybody should be excited for this but it seems like the Anderson Nutswingers keep trying very hard to discredit Weidman. I am not saying Info is oe of those guys. I'm just saying yall should be excited for a great fight.
So the shellacking in that second fight did nothing to convince you that AS's injured ribs were a huge contributing factor to Chael's success in the first fight? Phone Post 3.0

I dont remember the second fight 100%. But I am pretty sure Chael still won the 1st round and was holding his own until that derp spinning elbow. All that fight proved was that you make one mistake against Silva he can and will make you pay for it. You cant say he walked through Chael. Damian Maia walked through Chael Sonnen, John Jones walked through Chael Sonnen, many guys walked through Chale Sonnen. Unfortunately Anderson Silva's name is not on that list. Anderson Silva won but in order for you to say somebody walked through somebdoy fighter A should win every fight from bell to bell. Here are some examples of fighters walking through somebody.

BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez
John Jones vs Shogun, Chael, Brandon Vera, Ryan Bader
Silva Vs Okami, Marquart, Franklin, Griffen, Bonnar, Irvin,
Overeem vs Brock
and many many more. Unfortunately Silva vs Sonnen is not on that list.
5/9/13 12:20 PM
inf0
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nolabrum - 
fryingarmbar - 

I dont remember the second fight 100%. But I am pretty sure Chael still won the 1st round and was holding his own until that derp spinning elbow. All that fight proved was that you make one mistake against Silva he can and will make you pay for it. You cant say he walked through Chael. Damian Maia walked through Chael Sonnen, John Jones walked through Chael Sonnen, many guys walked through Chale Sonnen. Unfortunately Anderson Silva's name is not on that list. Anderson Silva won but in order for you to say somebody walked through somebdoy fighter A should win every fight from bell to bell. Here are some examples of fighters walking through somebody.

BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez
John Jones vs Shogun, Chael, Brandon Vera, Ryan Bader
Silva Vs Okami, Marquart, Franklin, Griffen, Bonnar, Irvin,
Overeem vs Brock
and many many more. Unfortunately Silva vs Sonnen is not on that list.

it's true, he didn't walk through Chael.. he fuckin ran through him

5/9/13 12:25 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirty Harold -

Matt Hammill did.

Ergo...
He was thoroughly dominated the last 2 rounds against Okami too. Despite what Cecil Peoples says Phone Post
5/9/13 12:25 PM
Bendo's#1beezy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post
5/9/13 12:26 PM
Humanityisthedevil
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is a trap. There is no one you can beat that proves you are ready for Silva.
5/9/13 12:30 PM
nolabrum

A win against Munoz means nothing? But if he beats Leben he proves he is ready? ALso I guess beating this guy ( a guy who already fought Silva for the title and took him to a decision) is meaningless also.
inf0 - 

I'm not even saying he doesn't deserve it. I'm just saying he hasn't been brought up properly. This is a classic example of poor fighter management. Too much too soon. He hasn't even been tested against talent that is even in the same dimension as Anderson Silva. Where is the Belfort, Bisping, Lawler or even Franklin on Weidman's resume? I'd settle a Leben even.. someone who can grapple and throw KO shots. Untested.

These are the rankings in the UFC
1 Chris Weidman
2 Vitor Belfort
3 Yushin Okami
4 Michael Bisping
5 Luke Rockhold
6 Constantinos Philippou
7 Mark Munoz
8 Ronaldo Souza
9 Chael Sonnen
10 Tim Boetsch *NR

Maia was in there until he dropped to 170. Munoz was ranked higher but I am guessing due to his inactivity he dropped. Weidman beat 2 guys in the top ten, I think he has been brought up just fine.
5/9/13 12:36 PM
nolabrum

Edited: 05/09/13 12:39 PM
Humanityisthedevil - This thread is a trap. There is no one you can beat that proves you are ready for Silva.

I agree with this. Technically nobody is worthy enough to fight with Silva. He is that good. I just get excited when someone is going to face him that has a shot at winning. If they lose, it's back to the drawing board. But I would like to see Silva tested as often as possible.
5/9/13 12:44 PM
klabo

inf0 -

1 and done.. this is going to be a first round massacre.

This Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 12:49 PM
nolabrum

klabo - 
inf0 -

This Phone Post 3.0

When the time comes. I will bet both of you up to 100 American Dollars that Silva does not finish Weidman in the 1st round. If you wana walk the walk.
5/9/13 12:50 PM
ANT_P1989
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Munoz? Pfft. Coming from an injury plus ring rust.... Phone Post
5/9/13 1:00 PM
nolabrum

This guy was coming off an Injury and also had ring rust
ANT_P1989 -  Mark Munoz? Pfft. Coming from an injury plus ring rust.... Phone Post

But I guess we can Ignore all the guys that came off an Injury and ring rust and started winning.
5/9/13 1:25 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

inf0 -
da Vinci 81 - Was there another option available?? I guess Anderson could sit out for another six months or so while he proves himself.

Hey I don't mind watching Anderson decapitate him..

The longer till they fight just benefits weidman. Anderson's on the decline as I type this. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 1:25 PM
ep915

I think people are comparing Weidman to Sonnen simply because they are wrestlers. Although they are both wrestlers they have completely different styles.

Sonnen is like a bull just keeps coming forward throwing strikes and takedown attempts at you and tries to break his opponents. This troubled Silva because he likes to sit back and get into a rhythm and sonnen didn't allow him to do that.

Weidman on the other had is very patient and is a counter striker/wrestler. It worked brilliantly against an ultra aggressive fighter like munoz as he was able to put him on his back everytime he would load up and eventually ko'ed him with a sick counter elbow.

I just don't know if he'll have much success against a great smart fighter like silva. If he tries to use a similar strategy against tha spider I could see silva being way too fast for him and mentally breaking him down.

5/9/13 1:41 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Stephen Holder - If Weidman was sayin all this cocky shit cuz he had more of a promotional agenda like Chael did, I would just ignore his ass and assume 'oh its just another guy claiming hes got the key to beating Anderson.'

The thing is Weidman is young, talented and he fully believes this shit and there's a degree of truth the the way fighters fight guys like Anderson, Machida and Jones with a seemingly defeated mentality from the get go. If he loses and its definitive then its cuz like someone already pointed out it will be because hes young and dumb. It wont be like one of these situations where a minute into the first round you go 'oh man this dude was just hypin up this fight but he knew before the fight started he didn't have a chance.'

When Chris loses if he does, he will be genuinely shocked. That makes me want to see this fight badly. This dude really thinks hes gonna walk right through Anderson. It also makes me want Silva to win if Chris keeps running his mouth.
Good post. Totally agree and most people don't realize how much of a serious threat weidman is Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 7:24 PM
SilvaWho?OnlyBoTrulyKnows
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.