UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cyborg didn't turn down Rousey fight over weight

5/9/13 11:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dogmadeth
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg will end up being the Fedor of women's fighters. Widely regarded as the best of her time but never stepping up to proove it due to bad management. Phone Post
5/9/13 11:46 AM
da Vinci 81
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, cyborg taking more cues from Tito.

She's lucky the UFC even added a women's division and she's making contract demands before even fighting one time in it? Good luck with that. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 11:47 AM
DRS172
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup and Beer - 
thatdude21601 - 

UFC pretty much just needs to go ahead and add a 145 division, so if Cyborg wins They'll have fights for her that keep everyone happy. That or take the risk and give Cyborg a shorter contract.

Well the whole point of the article was to show that the weight cut wasn't the issue.  So adding a 145 division would solve nothing.  It would be interesting though to see what excuse her and Tito could come up with after the division was added and she still doesnt sign.

I'd love to see Dana call their bluff. Add a 145 division, and then watch them make up some other excuse not to join. As said before, this is the Fedor situation all over again. Although at least Fedor was making millions in Affliction and Strikeforce. Cyborg is probably making very little in Invicta.
5/9/13 11:51 AM
Shogun of Harlem
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, in short:

1. She is caught using steroids (cheating) and denies it

2. Uses her pre-steriod win over Gina Carano as her being the best

3. Claims that cutting weight to 135 will effect her health and she may never have children (just proved to be a lie)

4. Now says it is about respect and money

Cyborg, you don't deserve anything from the UFC - they owe you nothing. You cheated by using steroids and then lied to the whole MMA community by saying you couldn't cut weight to 135. You even tried to pull on the heart strings of the fans by saying that if you did cut weight, you may never have children.

You have turned into a sad joke and your PR team is not doing you any favors. Whatever fallout happens to you - is YOUR FAULT. Grow the fuck up.
5/9/13 11:52 AM
Nada MT
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perhaps its a combination of both stories. In order to put her health at tremendous risk there must be a number that would make it worth risking organ failure.
I would not entirely trust the word of "diet guru" who's interests are with the ufc.
Until the contract is in front of us to disect and the results of a complete physical exam by a doctor who has her interests at heart and not the ufc's, we can only speculate.

If I were her I would put some eggs on ice just in case they find that magic number. Phone Post
5/9/13 11:56 AM
RyannVonDoom

I guess fighter bashing's okay on the ug now. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 12:12 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think UFC is more likely to add a 125 division first, way bigger talent pool. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 12:13 PM
Horribilis

GregNoActionJackson - Go away. I'm done hearing excuses. You want respect and money then earn it and get in there. Until then shut your mouth its getting old Phone Post
This

"I want this, I want that. I can't this, I can't that..."

Like it or not Honda's got the belt. The "onus" never falls on the champ, and cryborg has exactly zero leverage in this debate.

You will make the weight, you will take what the UFC is willing to pay you and not a penny more, or you will fade off into obscurity and irrelevance forever regretting the fight YOU didn't take. It's really that simple. Put up or shut up Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 12:15 PM
submitbitch

It’s funny to hear the money was not right and the lack of respect she was getting. So instead, let’s tell UFC to F-off go get less money at a two bit organization fight two bit fights and complain. Lose lose in my opinion. Step up beat Rousey at 135 if you think you can than make some demands.
5/9/13 12:19 PM
cross3dout
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Cyborg will go to bed knowing she never fought on the big stage and will be remembered as a roided up half man while Rondah will be remembered as the pioneer of women's MMA in the UFC and possibly one of the best female fighters of all time Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 12:21 PM
The Acorn
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People who complain about fighter pay should be behind this. Smart move by Tito, win a few and come back for more pay. Gotta look out for your own cause ufc ain't Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 12:23 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cross3dout - And Cyborg will go to bed knowing she never fought on the big stage and will be remembered as a roided up half man while Rondah will be remembered as the pioneer of women's MMA in the UFC and possibly one of the best female fighters of all time Phone Post 3.0
No one as one dimensional as Ronda will be remembered as the greatest female fighter. A catalyst and a pioneer, most certainly, a dominant champion during the birthing stage of WMMA, absolutely, she is that. But the best female fighter? That is still to come. Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 12:28 PM
DRS172

KingofBJJ - Rousey started out both in Judo and MMA at Cyborg's weight, so the onus is on Ronda to "man up".

Miesha Tate used to wrestle at over 150, and started fighting MMA at 145. Funny how no accuses her of ducking after she goes down and fights natural 125 and 135 pound girls. The truth is that Ronda was a very chubby 154, and a thick 145. Whereas Cyborg used to be far smaller but now walks around at 165+. She could lose some of that ill-gotten muscle but rather be a big fish in a little pond.
5/9/13 12:29 PM
Shogun of Harlem
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - Rousey started out both in Judo and MMA at Cyborg's weight, so the onus is on Ronda to "man up".

Yes, because Ronda has so much to gain fighting a known cheater, liar, and beltless non-champion.

The level of stupidity on the forum is reaching new heights.
5/9/13 12:34 PM
DRS172

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
DRS172 - 
Soup and Beer - 
thatdude21601 - 

UFC pretty much just needs to go ahead and add a 145 division, so if Cyborg wins They'll have fights for her that keep everyone happy. That or take the risk and give Cyborg a shorter contract.

Well the whole point of the article was to show that the weight cut wasn't the issue.  So adding a 145 division would solve nothing.  It would be interesting though to see what excuse her and Tito could come up with after the division was added and she still doesnt sign.

I'd love to see Dana call their bluff. Add a 145 division, and then watch them make up some other excuse not to join. As said before, this is the Fedor situation all over again. Although at least Fedor was making millions in Affliction and Strikeforce. Cyborg is probably making very little in Invicta.

What do you mean?  Per this thread you're posting on, 145 or 135 is not the issue.  Even at 145, money and the 8 fight contract would still be there.  The whole UG is up in arms over Eddie's contract with Bellator, but they put down Cyborg because she doesn't want to get locked into a one sided multi-year contract with Zuffa.

"Prajin told MMA Fighting that Cyborg would have attempted the drop to 135 if the sides struck a deal, but a contract fell apart because the money was not right, and because the two sides could never get past the fact that Zuffa insisted on an eight-fight contract."

That's assuming you believe that's the real issue. I say Dana should call her bluff. Create a 145 division. Offer her a 3-4 fight contract and more money than Invicta does now. If her and Tito whine about something else, he should wish her well on her fade into obscurity.
5/9/13 12:56 PM
crumbs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather the UFC took that 8 fight contract money and add a lower women's division. Cyborg is a freak show fighter with average talent supplemented by a syringe. She deserves nothing, these women fighters in the lower weights are not only more skilled than cyborg, but deserve the spot light more than cyborg. ( name all of cyborgs accomplishments, and ask your self if her "strength" did it, or her skills)

Cyborg will never put on a amazing fight like penne/waterson, none of her fights were even as close as good as the Ufc women's fights so far( her most exciting fight was only cause of carano) She has nothing to offer WMMA, other than sloppy stand up n freak show fights, which while intriguing to watch like an NASCAR car crash, doesn't help the growth of WMMA.

Cyborgs camp is acting like WMMA needs cyborg, when in reality, WMMA doesn't need her, and is better off if she never existed.
5/9/13 1:00 PM
iwrestledabearonce
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dogmadeth - Cyborg will end up being the Fedor of women's fighters. Widely regarded as the best of her time but never stepping up to proove it due to bad management. Phone Post
Same story Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 1:01 PM
Rhys91
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg wanted Ronda Rousey money! Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 1:06 PM
Freakin 10er
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregNoActionJackson -  Go away. I'm done hearing excuses. You want respect and money then earn it and get in there. Until then shut your mouth its getting old Phone Post

This. I'm tired of the Cyborg drama. If you want to challenge the champ you go to their division, otherwise keep your mouth shut
5/9/13 1:09 PM
Paka Ono
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg should ask Vadim/Fedor how they like their apples?
5/9/13 1:18 PM
Shogun of Harlem

^ Yeah, because to just prove a point that Cyborg is lying, Dana White should invest millions of dollars.

Really, what the fuck is this forum coming to?
5/9/13 1:20 PM
crumbs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
crumbs - I'd rather the UFC took that 8 fight contract money and add a lower women's division. Cyborg is a freak show fighter with average talent supplemented by a syringe. She deserves nothing, these women fighters in the lower weights are not only more skilled than cyborg, but deserve the spot light more than cyborg. ( name all of cyborgs accomplishments, and ask your self if her "strength" did it, or her skills)

Cyborg will never put on a amazing fight like penne/waterson, none of her fights were even as close as good as the Ufc women's fights so far( her most exciting fight was only cause of carano) She has nothing to offer WMMA, other than sloppy stand up n freak show fights, which while intriguing to watch like an NASCAR car crash, doesn't help the growth of WMMA.

Cyborgs camp is acting like WMMA needs cyborg, when in reality, WMMA doesn't need her, and is better off if she never existed.

I'm not even a Cyborg fan but LOL at calling her stand-up sloppy but praising the UFC's womens fights so far.  Tate/Cat and Rhonda/Carmouche displayed some of the worst stand-up in the UFC since the 90's.  I'll give credit where credit is due...they are tough and have a ton of heart, but their stand up levels are atrocious.  Tate and Cat would drop their hands to their hips, turn their heads away, and run and jump into each other.  It was awful.  They made Jake Shields look like Mayweather out there.  Cyborg would destroy all of them in a standup fight back to back to back to back.

Your right my bad, I should of watch all those highlight videos of cyborg, not moving like a sloth, not punching with zero technique, you know, videos that show her awesome Anderson like fluid movement.

Please. She has the worse stand up of all women's mma, she is the pudzunowski of WMMA. You mention other sloppy standup fighters but even they have better striking(minus the "power),

compared to Joanne calderwood, cyborg Is trash.
5/9/13 1:24 PM
Nada MT
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with the Acorn.
The ufc is looking out for the ufc.
How many times have we looked at a fighters purse and been horrified????
Both cyborg and rousey are young. They have a few years to sort it out. Rousey has time to grow her game and if she chooses Cyborg has time to shrink slowly at far less risk to her health.
I don't see either one of them losing any time soon.
3 years from now if they both go undefeated we will be like salivating dogs wanting for them to kill each other at the first bell.

In the mean time I'll be saving every penny to sit ringside when it happens. Phone Post
5/9/13 1:27 PM
T Bag

I thought she said she would die from cutting the weight...now it turns out she just wanted new $$ ? Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 1:32 PM
Big Pun
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just sick of hearing all the excuses. She had the opportunity and ran. Why do we keep hearing about it? This is getting really old. She won't take the fight and is no longer int he UFC yet every time she talks it's to either make an excuse for not fighting Rousey or to call out Rousey. I'm over it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.