Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cya
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/10/13 1:01 PM
JJLong

I think Cyborg really believes she can get the UFC to create a 145lb division for her because of the perception she and the people around her have that she is a really big star.

The problem is that she isn't. She doesn't have that singular drawing ability someone like Ronda has. And the 145lb division doesn't have the fighters like the 135lb division does.

That is one of the reasons why I keep preaching that Ronda dropping down to 135lbs is one of the more pivotal decisions in WMMA history. Because of the depth in that division it negated Dana's previous criticism of WMMA, which was lack of depth.

The Women's division was no longer a gamble to go forward with for the UFC. You had a 135lb division with actual depth and a very marketable star on top of it.

The UFC wasn't going to bank on one single star like EliteXC (Kimbo) or Affliction/M1 (Fedor).

Originally it look like they might, but just looking at how this division is playing out...it looks like it is being built up better than the current UFC Flyweight division.

Cyborg should not expect the UFC to create a division for her like Strikeforce did because there is a lack of depth and she doesn't have the star power of a fighter like Ronda.
5/10/13 1:06 PM
kinson

DRS172 -
dannyapodaca -  Another bullshit dana story. He could have made the fight if he wanted to. But he would just look stupid if his girlftiend would lose. Dana is a fucking idiot and people continue to buy into his bullshit Phone Post

Cyborg's camp insisted before that it was physically impossible for her to make 135 without damaging her health. But now that's a nonissue, and the deal was turned down simply because she was disrespected by the UFC? I agree with clattymine. This fight will probably never happen, because Tito and Cyborg believe they hold all the power. Problem is that if she loses in the future, she loses the little bit of leverage she has now.
Sounds like fedor and M1. Phone Post
5/10/13 1:08 PM
kinson

JJLong - I think Cyborg really believes she can get the UFC to create a 145lb division for her because of the perception she and the people around her have that she is a really big star.

The problem is that she isn't. She doesn't have that singular drawing ability someone like Ronda has. And the 145lb division doesn't have the fighters like the 135lb division does.

That is one of the reasons why I keep preaching that Ronda dropping down to 135lbs is one of the more pivotal decisions in WMMA history. Because of the depth in that division it negated Dana's previous criticism of WMMA, which was lack of depth.

The Women's division was no longer a gamble to go forward with for the UFC. You had a 135lb division with actual depth and a very marketable star on top of it.

The UFC wasn't going to bank on one single star like EliteXC (Kimbo) or Affliction/M1 (Fedor).

Originally it look like they might, but just looking at how this division is playing out...it looks like it is being built up better than the current UFC Flyweight division.

Cyborg should not expect the UFC to create a division for her like Strikeforce did because there is a lack of depth and she doesn't have the star power of a fighter like Ronda.
Agreed and very well stated. Phone Post
5/10/13 1:34 PM
Soup and Beer
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only fear Dana might have of cyborg is a champ in a brand new division that got to where she is by doing so many roids that she literally looks and sounds like a man. Then having this brand new champ gets busted again for roids right after winning. (admit it nuthuggers, it's just a matter of time before she gets popped again). Phone Post
5/10/13 1:41 PM
chaplinshouse
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mongo54 - 
KingofBJJ - Rousey started out both in Judo and MMA at Cyborg's weight, so the onus is on Ronda to "man up".

Rhonda has a title, guyborg doesn't, Rhonda signed a contract with UFC, so did guyborg who then begged for a release, guyborg is a confirmed cheat and liar, Rhonda isn't, you're STUPID

5/10/13 2:04 PM
JJLong

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
kinson - 
JJLong - I think Cyborg really believes she can get the UFC to create a 145lb division for her because of the perception she and the people around her have that she is a really big star.

"The UFC wasn't going to bank on one single star like EliteXC (Kimbo) or Affliction/M1 (Fedor)."

Thats exactly what they are doing with Ronda.  If Liz Carmouche had finished that RNC, do you honestly think she'd be headlining PPV cards and starring in the upcoming season of TUF?  Dana's entire focus in WMMA is Ronda.

If Liz won, no she wouldn't be headlining PPV cards, but that wouldn't kill off the division like some people believe it would have. Liz just isn't the same star as Ronda is. The womens division would have then been in the same company as the men's 125 and 135 divisions. Headling free TV cards because the casuals will not pay for those Championship fights with current champions like Barao and Mighty Mouse.

You could tell by the way Dana talked about Liz doing all the promotion for the fight, that he was looking beyond just Ronda at that point.

And as I said, it at first appeared that UFC was going to bank the division all on Ronda, but look at what they have done since then. All the women's fights being booked shows that they really want to build up other names and challengers.

If they weren't invested beyond Ronda, they wouldn't be having women on TUF. Just look at the current format of TUF from the previous season. The focus was on the fighters, not really the coaches. They are using Ronda's name to get other fighters more exposure to the audience.

If the division has a star, you have to build around that star. Banking on Ronda would be having nothing but Ronda fights and the occasional #1 contender fight.

The UFC is doing something completely different that what EliteXC and Affliction did with Kimbo and Fedor.

The UFC is building up the women's division, again as I said, even better than the current UFC 125lb division. They are building something.

All EliteXC and Afflication were doing was taking one show at a time.

5/10/13 2:24 PM
DanEzra
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/10/13 2:27 PM
JJLong - I think Cyborg really believes she can get the UFC to create a 145lb division for her because of the perception she and the people around her have that she is a really big star.

Exactly.

Rousey's month: #29 in Maxim hot 100, #43 on Business Insider's list of women changing the world; lands cover of ESPN.

Cyborg's month: Did an interview with an MMA media website about not fighting Rhonda Rousey.

I'm sure she's got bonehead management filling her head about how well their negotiation tactics are working out, and how the UFC is going to cave-in to her demands at any moment.

Drop ten pounds and fight for the strap already.

5/10/13 3:32 PM
Soup and Beer
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JJLong -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
kinson - 

"The UFC wasn't going to bank on one single star like EliteXC (Kimbo) or Affliction/M1 (Fedor)."

Thats exactly what they are doing with Ronda.  If Liz Carmouche had finished that RNC, do you honestly think she'd be headlining PPV cards and starring in the upcoming season of TUF?  Dana's entire focus in WMMA is Ronda.

If Liz won, no she wouldn't be headlining PPV cards, but that wouldn't kill off the division like some people believe it would have. Liz just isn't the same star as Ronda is. The womens division would have then been in the same company as the men's 125 and 135 divisions. Headling free TV cards because the casuals will not pay for those Championship fights with current champions like Barao and Mighty Mouse.

You could tell by the way Dana talked about Liz doing all the promotion for the fight, that he was looking beyond just Ronda at that point.

And as I said, it at first appeared that UFC was going to bank the division all on Ronda, but look at what they have done since then. All the women's fights being booked shows that they really want to build up other names and challengers.

If they weren't invested beyond Ronda, they wouldn't be having women on TUF. Just look at the current format of TUF from the previous season. The focus was on the fighters, not really the coaches. They are using Ronda's name to get other fighters more exposure to the audience.

If the division has a star, you have to build around that star. Banking on Ronda would be having nothing but Ronda fights and the occasional #1 contender fight.

The UFC is doing something completely different that what EliteXC and Affliction did with Kimbo and Fedor.

The UFC is building up the women's division, again as I said, even better than the current UFC 125lb division. They are building something.

All EliteXC and Afflication were doing was taking one show at a time.

Exactly. I consider myself a pretty hard core fan buy I give less than a shit about Mighty Mouse or anyone else in the men's 125 pound division. I do get pumped up for a good woman's fight though.

The 125 men's division is more like midget wrestling whereas 135 is a standard weight for women so it means more. Phone Post
5/10/13 5:07 PM
BRZ

DanEzra -
JJLong - I think Cyborg really believes she can get the UFC to create a 145lb division for her because of the perception she and the people around her have that she is a really big star.

Exactly.

Rousey's month: #29 in Maxim hot 100, #43 on Business Insider's list of women changing the world; lands cover of ESPN.

Cyborg's month: Did an interview with an MMA media website about not fighting Rhonda Rousey.

I'm sure she's got bonehead management filling her head about how well their negotiation tactics are working out, and how the UFC is going to cave-in to her demands at any moment.

Drop ten pounds and fight for the strap already.

Plus Ronda is on one of ESPN magazines cover as well. Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 5:12 PM
mongo54

KingofBJJ - 
Shogun of Harlem - 
djones - 
dannyapodaca -  Another bullshit dana story. He could have made the fight if he wanted to. But he would just look stupid if his girlftiend would lose. Dana is a fucking idiot and people continue to buy into his bullshit Phone Post

So as a promoter you expect him to just give in to every demand made by someone coming off a PEDs suspension? You sound more like the idiot....

All these Cyborg nut huggers are idiots. She has changed her story again, is a disgrace, and who gives a crap anymore.

The UFC can hype up so many other fighters. They took an unknown Liz Carmouche (unknown to the general MMA community) and look how well the event went. Dana still has a ton of other fighters who can sell a fight with Ronda (Miesha Tate, Sarah Kaufman, Maroles Connen, etc).

Cyborg's a female, and therefore is nutless.

PED tests indicate otherwise

5/10/13 7:40 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mongo54 - 
KingofBJJ - Rousey started out both in Judo and MMA at Cyborg's weight, so the onus is on Ronda to "man up".

Rhonda has a title, guyborg doesn't, Rhonda signed a contract with UFC, so did guyborg who then begged for a release, guyborg is a confirmed cheat and liar, Rhonda isn't, you're STUPID

Even more to the point, in judo you weigh in the day you compete, typically an hour or two before your matches.

Meaning Rousey weighed 154 pounds when she was on the mats competing. Assuming your typical 15 pound water cut for a day before weigh-in, 154 pounds judo is the same as 139 MMA.

Saying Rousey was at Cyborg's weight in judo is actually saying she was 15 pounds less than Cyborg's weight because of the same day weigh-in. Seriously, you can't rehydrate much in an hour or two, so there's very little cutting in judo. Losing weight long term is normal, but dehydration cuts are very rare - you're too weak on the mats to do anything if you cut 15 pounds (MMA standard) and then compete an hour later.
5/10/13 9:39 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

It seems like Cyborg needs RR in order to stay in the lime light.
5/10/13 9:41 PM
Shogun of Harlem
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mongo54 - 
KingofBJJ - 
Shogun of Harlem - 
djones - 

So as a promoter you expect him to just give in to every demand made by someone coming off a PEDs suspension? You sound more like the idiot....

All these Cyborg nut huggers are idiots. She has changed her story again, is a disgrace, and who gives a crap anymore.

The UFC can hype up so many other fighters. They took an unknown Liz Carmouche (unknown to the general MMA community) and look how well the event went. Dana still has a ton of other fighters who can sell a fight with Ronda (Miesha Tate, Sarah Kaufman, Maroles Connen, etc).

Cyborg's a female, and therefore is nutless.

PED tests indicate otherwise

How obvious can I be with the male reference?
5/11/13 7:06 PM
jacktripper

Bellator Fan -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
kinson - 

Correct! Dana White is managing Ronda Rousey without having the official title of manager. Phone Post 3.0
Having an outspoken gay champ would give them tremendous amounts of free publicity and possibly a new fan base Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 7:25 PM
The_Spider
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Cyborg didn't turn down Rousey fight over weight"

So she turned her down on weight. Great!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.