UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> The Truth about the Cross

5/9/13 10:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
figure four
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Many people today recognize the cross as the symbol of Christianity and identified with Christ. What does the cross truly symbolize? Is it bad to have a crucifix to honor Christ? What is the history of the cross? These will be answered and more, on Face the Truth.

http://incmedia.org/wpmedia/videos/the-truth-about-the-cross
5/9/13 2:40 PM
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Jesus were alive today I'd bet he'd be pretty mortified about all his followers using the device that killed him as their symbol of identification.

5/9/13 3:22 PM
WOOFticket
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/09/13 3:25 PM
edit* wrong thread!
5/9/13 11:49 PM
Saint Stevo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Exodus 20:4
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

I believe this answers about wearing crosses
5/10/13 9:48 AM
truthisalive
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saint Stevo ReppN The King of Glory!!! hahaha

5/10/13 7:51 PM
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well Ole Stevo has a point.

5/11/13 12:23 AM
MEOWticket
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/11/13 12:35 AM
Question. Is it sinful to wear a cross and have no intent of worshipping the object? Other than the object represents that our savior gave up himself for us and died a horrible death for our sins?

Is it wrong to wear a wedding ring? Wedding rings are no where mentioned in the bible. Phone Post
5/11/13 12:24 AM
MEOWticket

770mdm -

If Jesus were alive today I'd bet he'd be pretty mortified about all his followers using the device that killed him as their symbol of identification.

Jesus is alive.. Phone Post
5/11/13 11:36 AM
Saint Stevo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MEOWticket - Question. Is it sinful to wear a cross and have no intent of worshipping the object? Other than the object represents that our savior gave up himself for us and died a horrible death for our sins?

Is it wrong to wear a wedding ring? Wedding rings are no where mentioned in the bible. Phone Post

I believe in sticking to what the scripture says. God writes his commandments in our hearts when we receive his spirit.
Jeremiah 31:33.

So when God says don't have no image of heaven. I believe it's final.
Negotiating if your worshipping it or not is a dangerous game to play. It's a form of rebellion to Gods commands.

Wedding rings is not in the bible. Neither is a watch mentioned in the bible. Wedding ring is a functional jewelry signifying your marriage.
5/11/13 1:13 PM
MEOWticket

Saint Stevo -
MEOWticket - Question. Is it sinful to wear a cross and have no intent of worshipping the object? Other than the object represents that our savior gave up himself for us and died a horrible death for our sins?

I believe in sticking to what the scripture says. God writes his commandments in our hearts when we receive his spirit.
Jeremiah 31:33.

So when God says don't have no image of heaven. I believe it's final.
Negotiating if your worshipping it or not is a dangerous game to play. It's a form of rebellion to Gods commands.

Wedding rings is not in the bible. Neither is a watch mentioned in the bible. Wedding ring is a functional jewelry signifying your marriage.
"Wedding ring is a functional jewelry signifying your marriage."

I agree with everything you are saying, so wearing a crucifix cross to signify the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus is not okay then? Phone Post
5/11/13 5:24 PM
Saint Stevo

I would say correct according to the scriptures .

We as man get awed by our eyes. Our eyes deceive us and visual idols isn't a good thing to have around. Just like the common picture of Jesus. Jesus never had long hair. Jewish custom wouldn't allow neither would scripture (1Corinth 11:14).

Yet the world Feminize Jesus.

If you have the Holy Ghost in you. Let that be your witness in convo. Not in idol.
5/11/13 5:30 PM
MEOWticket

Saint Stevo - I would say correct according to the scriptures .

We as man get awed by our eyes. Our eyes deceive us and visual idols isn't a good thing to have around. Just like the common picture of Jesus. Jesus never had long hair. Jewish custom wouldn't allow neither would scripture (1Corinth 11:14).

If you have the Holy Ghost in you. Let that be your witness in convo. Not in idol.
"Yet the world Feminize Jesus."

I agree. :( Phone Post
5/12/13 9:32 PM
770mdm

http://www.torahcafe.com/rabbi-mendel-kaplan/why-dont-chabad-men-wear-wedding-rings-video_3255381b3.html

MEOWticket:  Chassidic men or Haridi men & some women in Jewish circles don't wear wedding rings at all.  Rings don't make one married. 

Jesus is not alive & you have never met him - His teachings are alive and the enthusiasm underneath his message is vibrant but Jesus himself is not alive.  I cannot believe in the idea of his resurection either because resurection implies he would be alive right now and he is not.  He may have come back but he is not here now and he didn't live out his days.

5/13/13 7:28 AM
Kung Fu Joe

Saint Stevo - I would say correct according to the scriptures .

I believe the "long hair" tradition for Jesus did not arise as a result of "feminization," but rather due to the conflation in Matthew of Nazoreans (ie, people from Nazareth) with Nazirites (Jews who lived according to particular oaths).

This often led people to believe Jesus WAS a Nazirite. And since it was common for Nazirites to take an oath against cutting their hair (eg, Samson, who was a Nazirite) there arose a tradition that Jesus, also, bore his hair long.
5/13/13 10:56 AM
MEOWticket

Kung Fu Joe -

I believe the "long hair" tradition for Jesus did not arise as a result of "feminization," but rather due to the conflation in Matthew of Nazoreans (ie, people from Nazareth) with Nazirites (Jews who lived according to particular oaths).

This often led people to believe Jesus WAS a Nazirite. And since it was common for Nazirites to take an oath against cutting their hair (eg, Samson, who was a Nazirite) there arose a tradition that Jesus, also, bore his hair long.
Imo, by the meaning"Feminize Jesus".

I think 'some people' see Jesus as a hippy philosopher, sheep hugging, baby kisser, that 'some people' view as someone that they could beat up.

Masculinity is muscle and pride in 'some' cultures. Phone Post
5/14/13 9:40 PM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

770, Jesus is alive.

He is the Rod of Aaron. The Dead Branch of Jesse that buds life.

The Torah is replete with prophecies about the Messiah who would rise again.

Even the name of the patriarch intimate the coming of Yeshuah:

Names Meaning
1. Adam Man - mankind
2. Seth appointed
3. Enosh mortal
4. Kenan - Chenan sorrow
5. Mahalalel the Blessed God
6. Jared - Yared shall come down - descends
7. Enoch teaching or dedicating, (commencement)
8. Methuselah his death shall bring
9. Lamech the despairing
10. Noah rest or comfort

1) "Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow; (but) the Blessed God shall come down, teaching (or) dedicating, His death shall bring the despairing rest."

Note, this is an detailing of lineage. But the first man...Adam, had a father. G-d.

So the prophecy illustrates how that man is appointed for mortal sorrow but if you add Adam's father...then...

(the) God man (is) appointed mortal sorrow...

5/14/13 10:56 PM
Saint Stevo

Kung Fu Joe - 

I've heard of that. We know its incorrect. Jesus touched dead things and drank of the vine. Which is part of the nazarite oath. So this would conclude he was not a nazarite.
5/14/13 11:02 PM
Saint Stevo

770mdm - http://www.torahcafe.com/rabbi-mendel-kaplan/why-dont-chabad-men-wear-wedding-rings-video_3255381b3.html

MEOWticket:  Chassidic men or Haridi men & some women in Jewish circles don't wear wedding rings at all.  Rings don't make one married. 

Jesus is not alive & you have never met him - His teachings are alive and the enthusiasm underneath his message is vibrant but Jesus himself is not alive.  I cannot believe in the idea of his resurection either because resurection implies he would be alive right now and he is not.  He may have come back but he is not here now and he didn't live out his days.

Actually I have met your Jehovah personally. His name is Jesus. I've received the promise of Jehovah according to Isaiah 28:11-12. I've received this promise personally just like the day of Pentecost according to Acts 2:1-4. So I can officially say YHWY lives in me. : )

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.