UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Baptize in the name of Jesus only

5/9/13 11:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Saint Stevo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Peter was there on the great commission. He understood baptism is Jesus name only. Plus there's no example in the book of acts baptizing f,s,HG .
Why do churches baptize father son HG?
5/10/13 9:33 AM
truthisalive
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes we are growing in number!!! WHATS UP HOLY GROUND IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG....Rooster should be here soon!!!

Lets go to war!!!!

Naw just kidding...hope all my old friends and new ones are doing well and fighting the good fight!

Praise The Lord God JESUS>>>Yes He is God over everything...that includes YOU!
5/10/13 9:47 AM
truthisalive
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*HolyGhost dances*
5/10/13 11:03 AM
figure four
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have Christ's explicit instructions to the Apostles listed above... And yet you still dispute it? Peter was there...

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost..."

You provided your own answer...You don't need to look any further, unless you are disputing the Matthew 28:19 is false...

Do not go beyond what is written...Do not subtract or add to it...

5/10/13 4:14 PM
Saint Stevo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

figure four - You have Christ's explicit instructions to the Apostles listed above... And yet you still dispute it? Peter was there...

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost..."

You provided your own answer...You don't need to look any further, unless you are disputing the Matthew 28:19 is false...

Do not go beyond what is written...Do not subtract or add to it...

No dispute to the scriptures. Peter understood. The name of the father, son and the Holy Ghost is Jesus.

5/10/13 5:16 PM
figure four

No.

Just No.

5/10/13 5:21 PM
figure four

http://incmedia.org/wpmedia/videos/the-truth-about-god-part-i-the-god-of-the-bible

http://incmedia.org/wpmedia/videos/the-truth-about-god-part-ii-why-jesus-christ-is-not-god

http://incmedia.org/wpmedia/videos/the-truth-about-god-part-iii-is-the-trinity-true-or-false

5/10/13 6:17 PM
Saint Stevo

figure four - No.

Just No.

This reply was convincing. : )

I need scripture please. There is no example in the book of acts of baptism in f,s, & HG. Just Jesus name only. So Peter is right in acts 2:38. The name of the father, son , & HG IS JESUS : )
5/14/13 9:50 PM
the rooster

Peter baptized in the ONE NAME (singular) of (belongs to or pertains to) THE FATHER and (even, also)The Son and (even, also) The Holy Spirit!

There is ONE NAME that belongs to or pertains to ALL THREE TITLES...JESUS!!!!

Col 2:8 says:

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9 For in HIM (Jesus) dwells ALL the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

The Godhead is ALL THAT IS GOD (every attribute, every title, every authority, His nature, character, intellect, personality, emotion, etc.) all is part of the godhead.

IN HIM WAS THE FATHER SON AND HOLY SPIRIT!

10 And you are complete in HIM, which is the head of all principality and power: …

You are complete in HIM, not them!

Jesus is the Only True God!

And you Must be buried/baptized WITH HIM in His Name!
5/15/13 12:12 AM
HELWIG

If the name of the Father is "Jesus" then why was that not the name communicated to Moses?

5/15/13 11:00 AM
Saint Stevo

HELWIG - 

If the name of the Father is "Jesus" then why was that not the name communicated to Moses?

You could actually ask the same thing about Abraham and Jacob. Why did God only reveal himself as I am that I am to Moses and not Abraham? God went through many processes of revealing who he is.
Jehovah jireh, Jehovah shaloam, shekinah glory,and ect. He's even told Moses that his name is Jealous. God went through a revelatory process with man but he only promised that he'll be 1 name in the end.

Zechariah 14:9
And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

John 5:43
I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

That name is Jesus. :)
5/15/13 11:44 AM
the rooster

helwig: If the name of the Father is "Jesus" then why was that not the name communicated to Moses?

me: Helwig my friend, how are you? Roaming with the giants I see :-)

God did reveal His personal name but in types and shadows, progressively.

Remember when Moses said, "Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord..."?

"salvation of the Lord" in hebrew is Yeshua, or iesus in greek, or JESUS in english :-)

Whomsoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved!

And Moses called on the name of the Lord, the personal name (Yeshua) and the red sea (typology of the blood) carried them through to the other side but buried Egypt (a type of sin).

But Moses only got to see the "hinder parts" of God. As a representative of the law, he did not see the face of God until later (mount of transfiguration?).

Abraham longed to see this day (God in flesh).
5/15/13 11:56 AM
MEOWticket
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the rooster - helwig: If the name of the Father is "Jesus" then why was that not the name communicated to Moses?

me: Helwig my friend, how are you? Roaming with the giants I see :-)

God did reveal His personal name but in types and shadows, progressively.

Remember when Moses said, "Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord..."?

"salvation of the Lord" in hebrew is Yeshua, or iesus in greek, or JESUS in english :-)

Whomsoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved!

And Moses called on the name of the Lord, the personal name (Yeshua) and the red sea (typology of the blood) carried them through to the other side but buried Egypt (a type of sin).

But Moses only got to see the "hinder parts" of God. As a representative of the law, he did not see the face of God until later (mount of transfiguration?).

Abraham longed to see this day (God in flesh).
Phone Post
5/15/13 3:32 PM
truthisalive

Saint Stevo - 
HELWIG - 

You could actually ask the same thing about Abraham and Jacob. Why did God only reveal himself as I am that I am to Moses and not Abraham? God went through many processes of revealing who he is.
Jehovah jireh, Jehovah shaloam, shekinah glory,and ect. He's even told Moses that his name is Jealous. God went through a revelatory process with man but he only promised that he'll be 1 name in the end.

And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Meow read this...and have your mind blown again...u must have skipped over silly kitty
5/15/13 4:07 PM
MEOWticket
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

truthisalive -
Saint Stevo - 
HELWIG - 

Meow read this...and have your mind blown again...u must have skipped over silly kitty
Indeed i did skip...

Phone Post
5/15/13 5:49 PM
truthisalive

This is the Revelation of the Mighty God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob...This is the Revelation of JESUS CHRIST!!! (the living God!)
5/15/13 9:02 PM
the rooster

meow ticket, is that good?
5/15/13 9:34 PM
MEOWticket

the rooster - meow ticket, is that good?
It is good my friend! Phone Post
5/15/13 10:49 PM
HELWIG

Wait, Moses parted the Red Sea by invoking the name Jesus?!

Im not at all arguing against Jesus' divinity or oneness with the Father.

Im saying that its a pretty outrageous departure to claim that the name of the Father is not "Yahweh" but "Jesus".

Thats Jesus is the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is not demonstrated by Jesus having the fullness of the Godhead within him.

Jesus was fully God. That doesnt mean he WAS the Holy Spirit.

5/16/13 9:03 AM
the rooster

Helwig, yes Moses invoked the name of Jesus. He said "Yeshua" and the Red Sea parted. Look it up in an interlinear.

Yahweh was the revealed name of "El" in the OT but it was not the fullness of the revelation of who He is. When He took on flesh (1tim 3:16) He revealed Himself as Yah-Shua

Yahweh has become my salvation. (how?) by coming in flesh to redeem mankind. El or Yh came in flesh!

You: Thats Jesus is the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is not demonstrated by Jesus having the fullness of the Godhead within him.

Me: yes it is. What is the Godhead? The Godhead is every attribute, character and power that "makes up" God. The titles attributed to God where in Christ. "to whit GOD WAS IN CHRIST, reconciling the world.

That's why the apostles didn't baptize in the name of Yhwh but baptized in the name of Jesus. They knew it was the fulfillment of the command in mathew 28:19. If all the fullness of the Godhead resides in christ, than that includes the attributes of fatherhood, sonship and spirit.

You: Jesus was fully God. That doesnt mean he WAS the Holy Spirit.

me: Jesus was fully man and fully God. The divinity of Jesus WAS the Holy Spirit. That's why we do not say we have 3 spirits that reside in us (the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ).

We understand that to have the Spirit is one and the same. That's why the bible says there is ONE SPIRIT, (and One Lord and One faith and One baptism).

One.

So the Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. No distinction other then when and how that Spirit was revealed to man.

5/16/13 9:32 AM
truthisalive

We Praise you JESUS forevermore...We give glory to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob...The Lord God JESUS is that same God...Lord God Jesus you are mighty and holy and you only do wondrous things!!!!!! We love you Lord!
5/16/13 10:43 AM
Kung Fu Joe

I don't agree with the logic that several have put forward in this thread.

It makes no sense to assume primacy for the name "Jesus" over the name "YHWH."

First of all, the word "Jesus" is at least three steps of corruption removed from the word which was actually his name. "Jesus" is the Anglicization of "Iesus," which was the Latinization of "Iesous," which was the Hellenization of "Yeshua," which was Aramaic.

Furthermore, "Yeshua" is a word meaning "salvation of YHWH" or "YHWH saves." How can you argue that "Jesus" is the name of God, not "YHWH," when "Jesus" is itself a witness that "YHWH" is the name of God. Phone Post
5/16/13 10:55 AM
Saint Stevo

HELWIG - 

Wait, Moses parted the Red Sea by invoking the name Jesus?!

Im not at all arguing against Jesus' divinity or oneness with the Father.

Im saying that its a pretty outrageous departure to claim that the name of the Father is not "Yahweh" but "Jesus".

Thats Jesus is the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is not demonstrated by Jesus having the fullness of the Godhead within him.

Jesus was fully God. That doesnt mean he WAS the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the Holy spirit. Read Acts 20:28. It states that Holy Ghost gave his blood for the church. We know that Spirit has no flesh and spirit cannot bleed. This only Means that Jesus is the Holy Ghost that gave his blood.
5/16/13 11:15 AM
Saint Stevo

Kung Fu Joe -  I don't agree with the logic that several have put forward in this thread.

First of all, the word "Jesus" is at least three steps of corruption removed from the word which was actually his name. "Jesus" is the Anglicization of "Iesus," which was the Latinization of "Iesous," which was the Hellenization of "Yeshua," which was Aramaic.

Furthermore, "Yeshua" is a word meaning "salvation of YHWH" or "YHWH saves." How can you argue that "Jesus" is the name of God, not "YHWH," when "Jesus" is itself a witness that "YHWH" is the name of God. Phone Post

That's fine if you don't agree with the bible. Your word will disappear but the bible is forever (Matt. 24:35).

Now, let's proceed. You've said that the name is YHWH correct?

YHWH says in Isaiah 45:23 He swore out his mouth every knee will bow to him and tongue will confess.

If you believe in Jesus and say it's YHWH only. Then your YHWH becomes a liar according to Phillipians 2:10 every knee will bow to Jesus.

YHWH also said there's no other savior
Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

If you claim Jesus is a second person (god)saviour then YHWH became a liar in Isaiah 43:11.

So, now you have a dilemma. You either have to drop Jesus and drop the new testament or you can acknowledge Jesus is the supreme God.
5/16/13 11:44 AM
Kung Fu Joe

Saint Stevo -
Kung Fu Joe -  I don't agree with the logic that several have put forward in this thread.

That's fine if you don't agree with the bible. Your word will disappear but the bible is forever (Matt. 24:35).

Now, let's proceed. You've said that the name is YHWH correct?

YHWH says in Isaiah 45:23 He swore out his mouth every knee will bow to him and tongue will confess.

If you believe in Jesus and say it's YHWH only. Then your YHWH becomes a liar according to Phillipians 2:10 every knee will bow to Jesus.

YHWH also said there's no other savior
Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

If you claim Jesus is a second person (god)saviour then YHWH became a liar in Isaiah 43:11.

So, now you have a dilemma. You either have to drop Jesus and drop the new testament or you can acknowledge Jesus is the supreme God.
I'll set aside the semantic debate about persons and gods, for the moment. I believe we both agree that the NT asserts that Jesus is God, and that the Bible asserts there is only one God.

The question is whether the name "Jesus" takes primacy over the name "YHWH." Several in this thread have asserted that it does. I disagree with that assertion.

The fact remains that "Jesus" was not even his earthly name. You're asserting that people should only be baptized in the name that Jesus, himself, never answered to during his earthly ministry.

So if that is appropriate, why not baptize in any other name ascribed to Jesus? Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Counsellor, Emmanuel, YHWH, Elohim, Yeshua, Joshua, et cetera, et cetera. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.