UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Former boxer smokes a street thug with quickness

5/10/13 10:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Posted this one a while ago, accidently found out today he is indeed a former boxer! Rocky Lockridge (44-9), he knocked out Roger Mayweather in the 1st round in 1984, Roger was 17-0 when they fought. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2321438/Rocky-Lockridge-knocks-man-street-VIDEO.html
5/10/13 10:05 AM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2124747&page=1

Old thread I've made on 1/29/13

5/10/13 10:05 AM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Champ gon' knock him out :D

Brutal KO.
5/10/13 10:06 AM
Lefthook33
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shiiiiit Phone Post
5/10/13 10:08 AM
tjmitch
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cold - cold!
5/10/13 10:10 AM
Logan Stantons finger
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is old Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 10:34 AM
zebers3
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That guy prolly had it coming but I'm pretty sure that's straight up assault haha and if you're a known pro boxer you should know better than to be layin' guys out on the street in broad daylight.
5/10/13 10:43 AM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 10:45 AM
MTH
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They told him not to go down there, you can hear folks calling the older guy "Champ," and nobody seems the least bit surprised when the guy gets starched.  The young guy can't claim he wasn't warned.  Whatever the legalities of it, I'm content with the outcome.

5/10/13 10:47 AM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 10:48 AM
ortman166

MTH -

They told him not to go down there, you can hear folks calling the older guy "Champ," and nobody seems the least bit surprised when the guy gets starched.  The young guy can't claim he wasn't warned.  Whatever the legalities of it, I'm content with the outcome.

This. Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 10:49 AM
YoungGunABKJ
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

we went down and showed an aggressive advance , rocky had no other choice. act first be judged by 12 so you aren't carried by 6.

and btw hahahahahahahahahaha
5/10/13 10:54 AM
BadrMilk

45-9
5/10/13 10:56 AM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

>>>>>>>> Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 11:04 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrash Athletics, CEO

easy pay day for the former champ. 

5/10/13 11:08 AM
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant see... But is this the one where the old man in red got a quick 1,2 ko? Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 11:10 AM
ApolloRD
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

assualt with a deadly weapon :/
5/10/13 11:11 AM
KickYoNuts

BadrMilk - 45-9

As easy as his 1st round KO over Roger Mayweather...

5/10/13 11:11 AM
HolyHackZack
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

humbling  present participle of hum·ble (Verb)

Verb
  1. Lower (someone) in dignity or importance: "I knew he had humbled himself to ask for my help".
  2. Decisively defeat (another team or competitor, typically one that was previously thought to be superior).

5/10/13 11:32 AM
zebers3
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FrateCart - 
zebers3 - That guy prolly had it coming but I'm pretty sure that's straight up assault haha and if you're a known pro boxer you should know better than to be layin' guys out on the street in broad daylight.

What kind of post is this?

So he sohuldn't defend himself when some drunk gets in his personal space and pushes him ...beccause he knows how to.

Makes fucking sense.

I don't really see where he pushed him, but regardless he should definitely defend himself if he needs to, I'm just wondering if this video were shown in court would the boxer get off free. It just looks like some drunk guy talking shit, and the boxer prolly could have just walked away but instead threw the first punch and laid him out on the sidewalk.

Again, I have no problem with what happened, that guy was an idiot and deserved it, but just wondering legally what would happen here.
5/10/13 11:56 AM
MTH
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/10/13 11:58 AM
zebers3 - 
I don't really see where he pushed him, but regardless he should definitely defend himself if he needs to, I'm just wondering if this video were shown in court would the boxer get off free. It just looks like some drunk guy talking shit, and the boxer prolly could have just walked away but instead threw the first punch and laid him out on the sidewalk.

Again, I have no problem with what happened, that guy was an idiot and deserved it, but just wondering legally what would happen here.

I'm a lawyer for whatever that's worth.

In general, we'd need more information than is shown on this video.  If sued by the other guy or charged by the state, the boxer would have to claim "self-defense."  The contours of what exactly "self-defense" is vary state-to-state, but in one way or another the boxer would almost surely have to show that he reasonably believed he was in imminent danger.

We'd need more than what's on the video, but I don't think that's out of the question here. 

If the young guy was known to the boxer to have previously assaulted people, if the context of the off-video conversation included threats by the young guy, if the the young guy verbally and believeably threatened the boxer immediately before the KO, etc. 

So self-defense looks possible to me.  You don't always have to wait for the other guy to ACTUALLY attack.  But based just on the video, it's all speculation. 

Whatever the case, as noted above, I'm content with this outcome regardless of the legalities.  The young guy was warned not to go down there, everybody referred to the older guy as "Champ," and nobody seemed surprised by the KO.  The boxer's abilities--while surprising to us--appeared to be known by those involved.  The young guy knew what he was getting into.

5/10/13 12:19 PM
zebers3

Good stuff MTH, VU!
5/10/13 12:29 PM
DLfromCanada

trained boxing hands = devastating self defense

so many examples online of one punch ko's in street fights

that altercation looks like it could be argued 1000 ways lol, however a few decades ago that would not be the case

5/10/13 12:56 PM
aaronlynton
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cold! Cold!
5/10/13 12:56 PM
aaronlynton

Knocked his out ass sleep. SIlly sleep

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.