UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> XFC Champion Newell stripped of Lightweight Title

5/10/13 7:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From his facebook....

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN! First of I AM NOT UNDER CONTRACT WITH THE XFC. XFC promoted a fight that didn't exist yet.

The headlines are misleading and imply that I was stripped of my title because I refused to fight when in fact I just chose not to renew my contract with the XFC. I am not scared to fight anybody. I have been through too much in my life to be scared of any man. All you have to do is look at one of my fights to see my heart & my fearless style. This has nothing to do with me being scared. It is more so just an attempt to bully me into a contract.

XFC trash talking me and trying to slander my name upsets me more then anything but they are promoters. XFC is promoting, thats what they do. They have to try and make their guys look as good as possible and I'm not one of their guys so it is at my expense.

Even though Scott is bad mouthing me as well, I have no ill will towards him. I consider myself to be a professional and as a professional I choose to stay away from negative talk towards other fighters, but I understand that he is an unfortunate victim of circumstance.

Definitely not scared just have my eyes on bigger pastures.

Love you all,
Nicholas G. Newell

5/10/13 7:25 PM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

From his facebook....

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN! First of I AM NOT UNDER CONTRACT WITH THE XFC. XFC promoted a fight that didn't exist yet.

The headlines are misleading and imply that I was stripped of my title because I refused to fight when in fact I just chose not to renew my contract with the XFC. I am not scared to fight anybody. I have been through too much in my life to be scared of any man. All you have to do is look at one of my fights to see my heart & my fearless style. This has nothing to do with me being scared. It is more so just an attempt to bully me into a contract.

XFC trash talking me and trying to slander my name upsets me more then anything but they are promoters. XFC is promoting, thats what they do. They have to try and make their guys look as good as possible and I'm not one of their guys so it is at my expense.

Even though Scott is bad mouthing me as well, I have no ill will towards him. I consider myself to be a professional and as a professional I choose to stay away from negative talk towards other fighters, but I understand that he is an unfortunate victim of circumstance.

Love you all,
Nicholas G. Newell

Given his willingness to compete with his physical disadvantage up to this point,

I have a hard time not beleiving the guy.

5/10/13 7:33 PM
12SixElbow

Kingfanpaul - 

Sounds like some shady shit by XFC.

His version sure sounds a lot more likely than the version they presented.

IF* he were lying, and he was under contract and refusing to defend his belt, it would be pretty easy for them to show said contract, or prove it in some way. But I get the feeling they won't be doing that.

5/10/13 7:50 PM
muaythai1622
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -
SilverSpoon1996 - Nick should sue XFC, for discrimination, he should retain the title til beaten, you are a light weight and want to fight, but dont want to fight a a one handed man, sign somewhere else. Not everyone in the world is going to make it to the grand stage of UFC, or whatever organization they would like to fight for. If you want to fight in XFC go for it, if you want to fight for the championship, you fight there best light weight, Nick just happens to be him, one handed or not, kid is 4-0, want the belt, you need to take it.

XFC is wrong, very wrong. Its not like this guy is mentally limited, if he knows what hes doing, then hes welcome to fight, and anyone who has balls enough to fight him should do so. If people dont want to fight Nick, you cant have the belt.

I think you may have misread the OP. Newell is the one apparently refusing to defend his belt

Yeah, not sure where this came from. Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 7:51 PM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I take back what I said, then.

XFC needs to stop handing us wolf tickets. Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 8:09 PM
rockafella

What a joke.
5/10/13 9:44 PM
rockafella

Unwariestpickle - If the folks at XFC were a little more willing to extend an arm, i'm sure this situation could have been solved swiftly and handily.

I guess this can be a lesson to others, that you have to be more careful about what information your arm yourself with. Newell thought he could hand pick his opponents, and payed the ultimate price.

So what you're saying is don't bite the hand that feeds you?
5/10/13 11:07 PM
rockafella

Unwariestpickle - 
rockafella - 
Unwariestpickle - If the folks at XFC were a little more willing to extend an arm, i'm sure this situation could have been solved swiftly and handily.

I guess this can be a lesson to others, that you have to be more careful about what information your arm yourself with. Newell thought he could hand pick his opponents, and payed the ultimate price.

Exactly. If you give someone the middle finger don't expect them to extend a limb

Great analogy. Lets give this guy a hand.
5/10/13 11:11 PM
no-gi_JAMES420
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 
12SixElbow - 

From his facebook....

Love you all,
Nicholas G. Newell

Given his willingness to compete with his physical disadvantage up to this point,

I have a hard time not beleiving the guy.

Yeah what a great guy. Pretty shitty of XFC trying to bash him.
5/10/13 11:26 PM
Tolstolobic

Kerouac -
caseharts -  What's newells explanation Phone Post

Supposedly it's that he only wants fights with ex-UFC fighters.
LOL Phone Post
5/10/13 11:43 PM
Pride Wanderlei

Burt Reynoldz -

Maybe Nick is trying to get into a future TUF house.  Smart if that's the case.

I heard TUF wouldn't take him. Can anyone confirm this? Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 12:06 AM
rockafella

Pride Wanderlei - 
Burt Reynoldz -

lol why would they?
5/11/13 1:23 AM
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen -

There has to be more to this story...Newell is a great guy and a hunble one.

I'll reserve judgment until I hear his side.  

Apparently not so much. :( Phone Post
5/11/13 1:27 AM
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

n3g - I train at FAA with Nick quite often. The story I have heard...

They were paying him BS money so he left the XFC to pursue bigger and better things. They are full of shit on matching contracts. Now they are mad and are spouting lies.

Trust me if Nick wanted to fight for them, and they told him you have to fight this guy or we have to strip your title. He would fight him without batting an eye. Nick is one of the most fearless, mentally tough fighters I know.

I mean he gets in the cage and fights professionals with one hand and they are questioning his heart and toughness. Its just laughable.. They should be ashamed of themselves.

This is classic sour grapes by the XFC. They lost 2 big draws in Herrig and Newell. They are just bashing him to try to save face.
This does seem more plausible. I'm going with this now. Phone Post
5/11/13 1:43 AM
dbeedy
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like the xfc is doing some shady shit Cause nick would single handedly destroy everyone in the xfc. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 10:41 AM
OCMikelob
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll never make it to the UFC, especially after this.

5/11/13 10:44 AM
OCMikelob
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride Wanderlei -
Burt Reynoldz -

I read that as well Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 10:48 AM
OCMikelob

rockafella -
Unwariestpickle - 
rockafella - 

Exactly. If you give someone the middle finger don't expect them to extend a limb

Great analogy. Lets give this guy a hand.
If he does give the middle finger, he'd better hope the other guy is un-armed. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 10:50 AM
OCMikelob

If Nick doesn't make it to the UFC, luckily he's pretty handy around the house. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 11:01 AM
BrookLA

Newell is under a 5 fight, 2 year contract with the XFC. He has only used 4 fights and refuses to sign a bout agreement to defend his title.  He's quoted as saying Holtzman is an up and comer and that's why he won't defend his title against him. 

Check out the quotes from both fighters here: http://www.officialxfc.com/scott-holtzman-nick-newell-dont-scared-homey/

5/11/13 11:01 AM
BrookLA

Here's an interview from last night XFC President John Prisco did, after Newell released his statement:

XFC President explains the Holtzman vs Newell situation, contracts, title shots, & more Live on MMAmadhouse Radio (click here)

5/11/13 11:03 AM
einhornisfinkle
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He talked with the matchmaker over at WSOF. It looked like the guy said he was signing him, but not positive.

@AliWSOF: Just had a conversation with @NotoriousNewell. Class act. I personally believe he can compete on the highest level. @arielhelwani

@AliWSOF: “@ZProphet_MMA: @AliWSOF you gonna try and sign @NotoriousNewell or what? @SugarRaySefo” yes Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 11:11 AM
OCMikelob

Edited: 05/11/13 11:23 AM

He's just swimming in circles now, but Nick might have something up his sleeve Phone Post 3.0

5/11/13 6:14 PM
Jayjayememay
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

diva

5/11/13 6:55 PM
malryan

He literally has no chance of fighting in the UFC. Dana would never allow it no matter how many fights he won, it just wouldn't look good for the UFC to have a one handed fighter competing at that level. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.