UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> XFC Champion Newell stripped of Lightweight Title

5/11/13 8:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OCMikelob - 

He's just swimming in circles now, but Nick might have something up his sleeve Phone Post 3.0

Holy shit! lol

Cindy

5/12/13 1:15 AM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrookLA - 

Newell is under a 5 fight, 2 year contract with the XFC. He has only used 4 fights and refuses to sign a bout agreement to defend his title.  He's quoted as saying Holtzman is an up and comer and that's why he won't defend his title against him. 

Check out the quotes from both fighters here: http://www.officialxfc.com/scott-holtzman-nick-newell-dont-scared-homey/

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN! First of I AM NOT UNDER CONTRACT WITH THE XFC. XFC promoted a fight that didn't exist yet.

The headlines are misleading and imply that I was stripped of my title because I refused to fight when in fact I just chose not to renew my contract with the XFC. I am not scared to fight anybody. I have been through too much in my life to be scared of any man. All you have to do is look at one of my fights to see my heart & my fearless style. This has nothing to do with me being scared. It is more so just an attempt to bully me into a contract.

XFC trash talking me and trying to slander my name upsets me more then anything but they are promoters. XFC is promoting, thats what they do. They have to try and make their guys look as good as possible and I'm not one of their guys so it is at my expense.

Even though Scott is bad mouthing me as well, I have no ill will towards him. I consider myself to be a professional and as a professional I choose to stay away from negative talk towards other fighters, but I understand that he is an unfortunate victim of circumstance.

Definitely not scared just have my eyes on bigger pastures.

Love you all,
Nicholas G. Newell

5/12/13 1:16 AM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrookLA - 

Newell is under a 5 fight, 2 year contract with the XFC. He has only used 4 fights and refuses to sign a bout agreement to defend his title.  He's quoted as saying Holtzman is an up and comer and that's why he won't defend his title against him. 

Check out the quotes from both fighters here: http://www.officialxfc.com/scott-holtzman-nick-newell-dont-scared-homey/

IF*  he isn't lying, then he can't go sign somewhere else.

According to him his contract is up, if that isn't true, why doesn't XFC just post his contract?

Why bother trying to act like teenage girls and drag his name through the mud?

I have a hard time beleiving that kid is scared of much, and this promotion comes off looking like SHIT in this situation.

5/12/13 3:37 AM
12SixElbow

XFC is claiming Nick is under contract and refusing to defend.

Nick claims (and it makes more sense) his contract is up, and he is choosing to fight elsewhere.

XFC has gone on a childish smear campagn, if Nick is under contract, prove it?

It would be pretty foolish of him to sign somewhere else mid contract, and very easy for XFC to stop him, and or prove he is still under contract. I asked them to post his contract, proving he is still under contract, with no response....

5/12/13 4:19 AM
TEN10TEN
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really believe nick in this situation. Xfc was trying to strong arm him into a contract. Phone Post
5/12/13 6:54 AM
time traveling 12er
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From that except, technically both sides could be true.  He reallly did refuse to defend his title when he opted out of his contract as was his right.  The company then stripped him of his title for not defending.  On his side they didn't offer him the money or the level of fight he wanted so he left.  He's trying to build a bridge to the UFC and XFC was no longer enough to get him there.  Nick see's this as just business as he fulfulled his contract.  On the XFC side he refused to fight someone after saying he would fight anyone.  They feel like they got guys to fight him that were not necessarily interested in fighting him, but now that he was in a situation where he was the one that wasn't interested in fight, he decided to leave.  He took the benefit of being "forced" into matchups while not willing to take a fight he wasn't interested in.  So XFC see's that as dirty and hypocritical.  There doesn't have to be a lie here.

5/12/13 7:13 AM
12SixElbow

time traveling 12er - 

From that except, technically both sides could be true.  He reallly did refuse to defend his title when he opted out of his contract as was his right.  The company then stripped him of his title for not defending.  On his side they didn't offer him the money or the level of fight he wanted so he left.  He's trying to build a bridge to the UFC and XFC was no longer enough to get him there.  Nick see's this as just business as he fulfulled his contract.  On the XFC side he refused to fight someone after saying he would fight anyone.  They feel like they got guys to fight him that were not necessarily interested in fighting him, but now that he was in a situation where he was the one that wasn't interested in fight, he decided to leave.  He took the benefit of being "forced" into matchups while not willing to take a fight he wasn't interested in.  So XFC see's that as dirty and hypocritical.  There doesn't have to be a lie here.

How could both be true?

They claim he has fights left on his contract, he claims his contract is up and he isn't renewing.

He either has fights left, or he doesn't.

5/12/13 7:19 AM
Arlovskis Chin
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OCMikelob -
rockafella -
Unwariestpickle - 
rockafella - 
Unwariestpickle - If the folks at XFC were a little more willing to extend an arm, i'm sure this situation could have been solved swiftly and handily.

I guess this can be a lesson to others, that you have to be more careful about what information your arm yourself with. Newell thought he could hand pick his opponents, and payed the ultimate price.

So what you're saying is don't bite the hand that feeds you?

Exactly. If you give someone the middle finger don't expect them to extend a limb

Great analogy. Lets give this guy a hand.
If he does give the middle finger, he'd better hope the other guy is un-armed. Phone Post 3.0
Are you guys men?

Who the fuck sits on a forum taking the piss out of someone with one arm.

If he was your kid I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be making fun of him anonymously.

The Guy's a skilled fighter and if he picks his opponents I don't respect that but wow you guys are just assholes. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 8:24 AM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arlovskis Chin -
OCMikelob -
rockafella -
Unwariestpickle - 
rockafella - 
Unwariestpickle - If the folks at XFC were a little more willing to extend an arm, i'm sure this situation could have been solved swiftly and handily.

I guess this can be a lesson to others, that you have to be more careful about what information your arm yourself with. Newell thought he could hand pick his opponents, and payed the ultimate price.

Exactly. If you give someone the middle finger don't expect them to extend a limb

If he does give the middle finger, he'd better hope the other guy is un-armed. Phone Post 3.0
Are you guys men?

If he was your kid I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be making fun of him anonymously.

The Guy's a skilled fighter and if he picks his opponents I don't respect that but wow you guys are just assholes. Phone Post 3.0
Relax, they're just pulling your leg. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 8:42 AM
OCMikelob
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arlovskis Chin -
OCMikelob -
rockafella -
Unwariestpickle - 
rockafella - 

Are you guys men?

You're a regular one-arm many...oops, I mean a one-man army!

I am now enlightened. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 11:13 AM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com
Obviously didn't have what it took to hold onto that title. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 2:02 PM
Card
2067 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You'd think If Nick had fights left on his contract.... it would be easy for the XFC to prove.

Seems like they need a champions clause like the UFC does.

5/12/13 2:51 PM
time traveling 12er
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 
time traveling 12er - 

How could both be true?

They claim he has fights left on his contract, he claims his contract is up and he isn't renewing.

He either has fights left, or he doesn't.

Because he had a fight left on his contract but he had a opt out.  So yes he had a fight left.  The article is no longer on the site or isn't showing up for me, but in that excerpt they aren't complaining that he broke his contract or did something illegal.  They're complaining because when it suited him he was fine with them putting together fights against people that didn't want to fight him because it was bad for their careers.  But when it came to his time to do the same he decided not to fight.  So they're complaining on moral grounds.  He complained about guys not fighting him because they said it was bad for their careers and it was a no-win situation.  Now he's refusing a fight on the same grounds or even less justification since XFC see's his opponent as being game and worthy.

5/12/13 6:42 PM
jac0bear
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick and/or his management hand pick his fights, look at his opponents records and that's easy to see.

I mention this every time his name comes up but a few years ago Kip Kollar from NAGA/Reality Fighting tried to set up a fight between Keith Miner and Nick Newell and Nick ducked the fuck out of that fight. Keith is the other 1 handed fighter except unlike Nick he wasnt born that way he lost his in a wood chipper accident about 10 years ago. Nick I believe was either 3-0 or 4-0 at the time and Keith was 4-2. Nick was scared to fight Keith because if he lost to another guy with 1 hand he would lose his thunder.
5/13/13 12:16 AM
12SixElbow

jac0bear - Nick and/or his management hand pick his fights, look at his opponents records and that's easy to see.

I mention this every time his name comes up but a few years ago Kip Kollar from NAGA/Reality Fighting tried to set up a fight between Keith Miner and Nick Newell and Nick ducked the fuck out of that fight. Keith is the other 1 handed fighter except unlike Nick he wasnt born that way he lost his in a wood chipper accident about 10 years ago. Nick I believe was either 3-0 or 4-0 at the time and Keith was 4-2. Nick was scared to fight Keith because if he lost to another guy with 1 hand he would lose his thunder.

The guy has 9 fights... His last opponent was 16 - 6, and then a couple guys who are 6 - 4.

(while he had 7, and 8 fights)

Who the fuck should be be fighting at this point lol.

5/14/13 9:37 AM
jac0bear
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 
jac0bear - Nick and/or his management hand pick his fights, look at his opponents records and that's easy to see.

The guy has 9 fights... His last opponent was 16 - 6, and then a couple guys who are 6 - 4.

(while he had 7, and 8 fights)

Who the fuck should be be fighting at this point lol.

Once he signed with XFC they started matching him up with tougher opponents but leading up to that it was nothing but guys with losing records

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.