UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> THOMSON GOES OFF ON DIAZ FOR COMMENTS

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/10/13 2:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pedro Carrasco
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJPENN.COM, Editor-in-Chief

Had Josh on the show couple nights ago to get his take on the Diaz interview... The Lady noises comments, the scared to fight comments etc...  I felt it only fair to help get The Punk's word out too since Nate got so much play! 

Enjoy!

“I could make the point that he made the same noises. The only noises I recall in the fight was when I kneed him a couple times, I kind of knocked the wind out of him when he was against the fence, going (Thomson imitates gasping noises) like he was holding his breath. So if anyone was making noises it was him. There was the finish, maybe he thought the crowd was me making noises when I finished him. Other than that there is no other noise that I recall, that’s the best I can tell you.” 

Honestly I don’t know what he’s talking about, I had a game plan and the game plan was definitely to stay outside of his range. So that’s what I did, I stayed outside of his range and I used my kicks to counteract the length of his punches. Other than that, I obviously used my speed to get in and get out.”

Link to story 1: http://www.bjpenn.com/exclusive-josh-thomson-responds-to-lady-noises-comments-diaz-only-one-making-noises-bjpenn-com-radio/

“I think the biggest thing is this; he is interested in a rematch with me, one thing he needs to remember before the fight even happened, he was complaining after weigh in’s about how he was moving back up to 170, so he couldn’t even make weight when we fought the first time. Nate knows this.” 

“I am going to say this directly to him; Nate, you didn’t make the weight, so how are you going to make the weight when we fight again? That’s the thing that’s discerning, we all let it slide because it was a huge fight, but you didn’t make the weight and you still lost. So unless you plan on fighting me a 170 then I’m not really interested. Like I said, I’m looking forward to the title shot, I’m looking forward to getting in there for the title. If I have to go through him again to do it, then so be it, maybe you should start watching what you eat, maybe you should start doing that to take care of yourself. You couldn’t make the weight the first time and that was something I was going to keep to myself, but you want to start talking trash? Saying all these things, knowing that I beat you fair and square, I guess next time we’ll take 20% of your purse if you don’t make weight.”

“It’s an issue I could have brought up and made a big deal about but I didn’t do it because that’s not the kind of person I am. I could have made a big fuss and taken it, rubbed some salt in the wound and taken 20% percent of your purse after you lost, but I didn’t  That’s the kind of person I am, I moved on and I suggest you do the same thing.”

5/10/13 2:22 PM
Kerouac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

something's shady here...Jake, what was Diaz's weight at weigh ins?
5/10/13 2:23 PM
Kerouac

and thanks for the interview Pedro
5/10/13 2:28 PM
FloridaStriker

uh oh theres that word "shady" again
5/10/13 2:28 PM
inf0
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"That’s the thing that’s discerning, we all let it slide because it was a huge fight"

ermwat

5/10/13 2:29 PM
epwar
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A Diaz brother who talked smack after losing a fight?  I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

5/10/13 2:31 PM
Kick Boxe
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thomson is the man. SIck fight. Too bad little man Silva took away his titleshot for picking him up

5/10/13 2:33 PM
Skeletor
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/10/13 2:35 PM
That's very cool and generous of Thomson not to take the penalty from Nate's purse but I thought Nate made weight on the second attempt? I might be thinking of the weigh-in against Bendo though...
5/10/13 2:33 PM
Wonkamaster

Diaz didn't make weight?

interesting.
5/10/13 2:40 PM
Pedro Carrasco
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJPENN.COM, Editor-in-Chief

thought you guys might find that interesting... I did as well

5/10/13 2:42 PM
Kerouac

Can't wait for Layzie's video for the real to be kept.

5/10/13 2:49 PM
MasterofMartialArts
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thomson is a beast. I didn't know that Nate missed weight? Either way, Thomson KOd Diaz brutally, the first to do it, and he has no reason to take a rematch. He wants the belt. Diaz is just crying like always, and noises don't matter when you get KTFO. Can't wait to see who Thomson is fighting next. Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 2:49 PM
MasterofMartialArts
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skeletor - That's very cool and generous of Thomson not to take the penalty from Nate's purse but I thought Nate made weight on the second attempt? I might be thinking of the weigh-in against Bendo though...
I think it was the Bendo fight you are correct Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 3:08 PM
Hikikomori
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thompson is talking out of school. He will receive a phone call. Fighters shouldn't speak without a publicist. Phone Post
5/10/13 3:11 PM
diazgotbonedbythompson
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interdasting Phone Post
5/10/13 3:16 PM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SMH
Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 3:19 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

A Diaz brother who talked smack after losing a fight?  I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Their shit is getting old fast Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 3:21 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Wonkamaster - Diaz didn't make weight?

interesting.
I didn't even know that Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 3:55 PM
twizzle97
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The weigh-in rules are a serious issue, as they seem to be very inconsistent. It isn't fair to be relaxed for some guys or some fights, but extremely strict for others.

Not saying Nate missed weight, because I don't know. I believe that Josh believes he missed weight, and Josh has been around for a long time. He isn't new to the game, and I doubt he is lying. No reason to. He finished Nate.
5/10/13 4:02 PM
crowbar
932 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/10/13 4:04 PM
ManWithTheIronFists - Yeah, he had to go naked to lose a pound which was BS, because underwear doesn't make you lose a pound, the UFC probably cut him some slack. Something shady.....

Nothing against Nate in this case,but I thought that it was shaky also.

You can even tell at some of these weigh-ins,because the guy calling out the weights,sometimes calls them out immediately,and sometimes they sit and stare at the scale for awhile,and I`m not talking about the scale they use that slides.

5/10/13 4:04 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate Diaz weighed in at 171.9 Phone Post
5/10/13 4:24 PM
Kick Boxe
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What fight was it where Burt Watson was trying to strong arm the scale guy to let someone overweight go through? I'm sure it wasn't the first or last time Phone Post
5/10/13 4:29 PM
MMAzombie

I was at the weigh ins he stepped on the scales at 157. He got naked stepped on the scales, and I kid you not wiggled his toes and after about 30secs it was announced he made 156

So Josh is stretching the didn't make weight thing cause he did.

Only way I want to see a rematch is if Josh loses his next fight and Diaz wins his. Other than that move Josh up the ladder Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 4:32 PM
Kerouac

MMAzombie - I was at the weigh ins he stepped on the scales at 157. He got naked stepped on the scales, and I kid you not wiggled his toes and after about 30secs it was announced he made 156

So Josh is stretching the didn't make weight thing cause he did.

Only way I want to see a rematch is if Josh loses his next fight and Diaz wins his. Other than that move Josh up the ladder Phone Post 3.0

I watched the weigh-ins too...did you actually see the numbers?

All i remember is Diaz fidgeting for a minute after he took his drawers off and the officials trying, in vain, to get a weight count...then it seemed like they just said fuck it, 156 lbs.
5/10/13 4:46 PM
crowbar
932 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/10/13 4:47 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
crowbar - 
ManWithTheIronFists - Yeah, he had to go naked to lose a pound which was BS, because underwear doesn't make you lose a pound, the UFC probably cut him some slack. Something shady.....

Nothing against Nate in this case,but I thought that it was shaky also.

You can even tell at some of these weigh-ins,because the guy calling out the weights,sometimes calls them out immediately,and sometimes they sit and stare at the scale for awhile,and I`m not talking about the scale they use that slides.

Just because they reported him one pound under after removing clothing, it doesn't mean the clothing weighed one pound.  If the whole GSP/Nick Diaz fiasco taught us anything, it was how commissions round a fighter's weight.  Per Keith Kizer and the NSAC, they always round down.  Meaning if Nate weighed in at 156.6, he would call that 156.5 and Nate would be overweight.  If he took his shorts off and weighed in at 156.4, so he shed .2lbs, that would be rounded to 156 and he would be on weight.  Some commissions, like Montreal and MPLS, round to the 1lb versus the .5lb.  So if Nate would have been 157.1, he would be over and it would be recorded at 157 but if he weighed in at 156.9, that would be considered 156 and he would be fine.

I`m aware & remember this happening.So,I will just ask this...In Nevada,what weight would a fighter be listed as,if he came in at 156.5? Would he be over or under?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.