UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> LYTLE WILLING TO FIGHT AGAIN

5/10/13 3:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pedro Carrasco
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJPENN.COM, Editor-in-Chief

FULL WRITE UP  - 

http://www.bjpenn.com/exclusive-chris-lights-out-lytle-open-to-ufc-return-for-short-notice-fights-bjpenn-com-radio/

“I can’t say it’s always closed. I’ve made this comment to them before, I said, ‘hey man, I’m not willing to put in eight weeks of training but if you called me and said, hey, I have this possible fight Chris. Somebody backed out and we need you in a week. We need you in five days, we need you here. I could take it. There’s a couple guys I do want to fight on short notice because I wouldn’t have to spend all that time away from my family and, like I said, I’m still training some, I still feel like I’m in good shape right now. And as veteran I know how to condition myself to where I could last three rounds. So, you never know. If you have something last minute, let me know. That’s the only way I could see it. If it was like two weeks before a fight or something, but you give me two months I don’t think I could…I mean, I can’t say never. There is a couple possibilities if they said, if Dana or somebody came to me and said, hey Chris, I would really like you to do this, take this certain fight for one reason. I’d say ok, I can do one but I’m not planning on coming back long term. I could do something possibly but I definitely don’t see that happening but you never can tell.”

5/10/13 3:51 PM
Dugs95
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can ya not like and root for that man, a family man, fireman, and fighter.... Just a good dude, id love to see him fight again, if thats what he wants to do... Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 4:00 PM
GarlicSauce

Yet another reason not to take MMA "retirements" seriously.
5/10/13 4:10 PM
sincitydc
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please let the Diaz rematch happen. Or put the Condit fight back together. Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 4:20 PM
Death Beast

As much as I'd like to see him in action again, I think he should stay retired just because he had one of the best final moments you could ask for.
No big retirement promises for months, just an "Oh and btw" right before the fight happened.
Then he's winning a standup battle against a 'striker' like Hardy and ends up subbing him in that classic ironic fashion.
Double _OTN Bonus along with retiring with the record for those (up to that point).
He got to go out with the 'never been finished by anything but a cut' status as well.
Can't beat that type of ending.
5/10/13 4:22 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That dude delivers. Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 4:40 PM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the few who went out on a high note. Big Lytle fan here, I hope he stayed retired.
5/10/13 5:11 PM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know what else was incredibly impressive about Lytle? Dude didn't cut weight. Joe Riggs probably had like 25 pounds on him when they fought.
5/12/13 7:59 AM
CoopDiddy
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Without any doubts, Lytle is one of the classiest fighters inside and outside the cage.
5/12/13 8:03 AM
Malvert the Janitor
885 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pedro!

BJ update! STAT!!!

C'mon man!!! Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 8:10 AM
Malvert the Janitor
885 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Btw, CindyO has been looking for you... Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 8:14 AM
TightTriangle
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he's dropping this with the hope he gets a call from Dana about the Atlanta card.

He should stay retired though - he went out in true style and it should stay that way. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 8:17 AM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSauce - Yet another reason not to take MMA "retirements" seriously.
Can you blame him? He was always exciting, a fan favorite and a good fighter. Plus...... Dat cash Phone Post
5/12/13 10:37 AM
World Peace's Left Elbow
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm torn. I've always been a big fan of watching him fight and he seems like a great guy who loves the sport. So part of me wants to see this happen.

But he did go out in a perfect way, so I don't want to see him tarnish it. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 10:38 AM
myjawhurts
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never KO'd, never submitted. Lytle is the man!
I'd have him on every card as an alternate. Some of the best scraps in UFC history Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 10:46 AM
Æsbiorn von Øystæin
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heart Chris Lytle! Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 12:23 PM
Brabo Ben
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lytle was 'that guy', not many people wanted to fight him, a win over him didn't warrant very much in their standings but they would have to give everything they had just to get through it.
Forever a lytle fan but hope he stays retired, hell id watch him again but he chose the right time to bow out, something that is a rarity, and he did it with the unanimous support and applause of the mma world. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 1:14 PM
GarlicSauce

UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama - 
GarlicSauce - Yet another reason not to take MMA "retirements" seriously.
Can you blame him? He was always exciting, a fan favorite and a good fighter. Plus...... Dat cash Phone Post

Can't blame him. And I want him to come back. But MMA retirements rarely last: Couture, A. Emalienenko, Penn, Menjivar, and many others, even John McCarthy.

No one really retires from MMA. They all miss it sooner or later.
5/12/13 1:18 PM
The Swinging Richard
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/12/13 2:20 PM
TheDarthKnight

he should be in the hall of fame
5/12/13 4:14 PM
Jacinto
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris is the man! I really would hate to see him go out like he did and then take a short notice, risky fight though and lose.
5/12/13 4:36 PM
Mit
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Death Beast - As much as I'd like to see him in action again, I think he should stay retired just because he had one of the best final moments you could ask for.
No big retirement promises for months, just an "Oh and btw" right before the fight happened.
Then he's winning a standup battle against a 'striker' like Hardy and ends up subbing him in that classic ironic fashion.
Double _OTN Bonus along with retiring with the record for those (up to that point).
He got to go out with the 'never been finished by anything but a cut' status as well.
Can't beat that type of ending.
This Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 5:02 PM
UGCTT_ATLien
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC just announced a card in Indy for August. I'd love to see Lytle on it!
5/12/13 5:18 PM
sparkuri

OMG

LYTLE/LAWLER 2 !!!!!
LYTLE/LAWLER 2 !!!!!
LYTLE/LAWLER 2 !!!!!
LYTLE/LAWLER 2 !!!!!
LYTLE/LAWLER 2 !!!!!
LYTLE/LAWLER 2 !!!!!
LYTLE/LAWLER 2 !!!!!
LYTLE/LAWLER 2 !!!!!
LYTLE/LAWLER 2 !!!!!
LYTLE/LAWLER 2 !!!!!

—----———-------------——------------------ Phone Post
5/12/13 5:27 PM
horsemeat grew my head

Yes please, also ppl with PC skillz need to make more highlight videos of this guy, all time fave fighter. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.