UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Trinity Question?

5/14/13 5:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gord96
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/14/13 5:06 PM
I see the Father as the source, the Son as the divine manifestation of (the Word) of the Father in this fallen world/prison, and Spirit as the divine feminine, the wisdom of God bestowed upon us in this world.
5/14/13 5:38 PM
Saint Stevo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gord96 - I see the Father as the source, the Son as the divine manifestation of (the Word) of the Father in this fallen world/prison, and Spirit as the divine feminine, the wisdom of God bestowed upon us in this world.

Holy Spirit would not be feminine. Here's why

Acts 20:28
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

We understand a spirit cannot bleed. Therefore Jesus is the Holy Ghost as explained in this passage.
5/14/13 5:46 PM
Saint Stevo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kung Fu Joe - 
Saint Stevo -
Kung Fu Joe - 
Saint Stevo -
Kung Fu Joe -  You are again misstating the doctrine of the Trinity. Jesus is not "the Son only." Jesus was the incarnation of God. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are not three separate entities. They are one: God. Personage does not necessitate distinction of being. Phone Post

Let's think about this. Let say you are kung fu Joe the father of your child And you are kung fu Joe the son of your father. are there 2 kung foe joes or 1 kung fu joe in this example?

There is one KFJ. Father and Son would be different aspects of my being, but neither is any less KFJ than the other. And the fact that there are two aspects does not change that KFJ is one being.

Similarly, the doctrine of the Trinity states that there is only one God. The Father and the Son are not different beings. And yet neither is any less God than the other. Phone Post

So you are in the end fulfilling oneness. So there are no different persons. You believe that Jesus is the name of the father,son, Holy Ghost, correct?

When you say aspects you don't mean person. There's only one person (KFJ), correct?
I used "aspects" for myself because I am incapable of existing in multiple persons at once.

However, I am not an omnipotent deity. An omnipotent deity IS capable of existing in multiple persons at once, despite being a single entity.

Do you believe your God is omnipotent? Phone Post

Yes I do believe he's omnipotent. I don't believe He's separate yet one.

I think it's funny how you explain oneness to me and when I acknowledge it. You hurry and retract and say there's 3.
5/14/13 6:02 PM
MEOWticket
369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone will drive themselves mad on this subject. Lol. Phone Post
5/14/13 6:05 PM
gord96
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MEOWticket -  Everyone will drive themselves mad on this subject. Lol. Phone Post

Very true. Arguments like this are pointless. Going back and forth over pointless stuff and the words in old books to try and form some sort of man made theology we can grasp onto and then force it on others.
5/14/13 6:06 PM
gord96

Saint Stevo - 
gord96 - I see the Father as the source, the Son as the divine manifestation of (the Word) of the Father in this fallen world/prison, and Spirit as the divine feminine, the wisdom of God bestowed upon us in this world.

Holy Spirit would not be feminine. Here's why

Acts 20:28
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

We understand a spirit cannot bleed. Therefore Jesus is the Holy Ghost as explained in this passage.

Yeah not following you there. Just on reading that I see the 'he' as meaning Jesus, not the Spirit. My .02.

Either way, any feminine aspects would have been 'washed' from the Bible anyways.

5/14/13 6:23 PM
Kung Fu Joe
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saint Stevo -
Kung Fu Joe - 
Saint Stevo -
Kung Fu Joe - 
Saint Stevo -
Kung Fu Joe -  You are again misstating the doctrine of the Trinity. Jesus is not "the Son only." Jesus was the incarnation of God. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are not three separate entities. They are one: God. Personage does not necessitate distinction of being. Phone Post

Let's think about this. Let say you are kung fu Joe the father of your child And you are kung fu Joe the son of your father. are there 2 kung foe joes or 1 kung fu joe in this example?

There is one KFJ. Father and Son would be different aspects of my being, but neither is any less KFJ than the other. And the fact that there are two aspects does not change that KFJ is one being.

Similarly, the doctrine of the Trinity states that there is only one God. The Father and the Son are not different beings. And yet neither is any less God than the other. Phone Post

So you are in the end fulfilling oneness. So there are no different persons. You believe that Jesus is the name of the father,son, Holy Ghost, correct?

When you say aspects you don't mean person. There's only one person (KFJ), correct?
I used "aspects" for myself because I am incapable of existing in multiple persons at once.

However, I am not an omnipotent deity. An omnipotent deity IS capable of existing in multiple persons at once, despite being a single entity.

Do you believe your God is omnipotent? Phone Post

Yes I do believe he's omnipotent. I don't believe He's separate yet one.

I think it's funny how you explain oneness to me and when I acknowledge it. You hurry and retract and say there's 3.
I've never retracted. From the beginning, I've held that the doctrine of the Trinity states there is only one God. You keep trying to redefine the doctrine to fit your own rhetoric.

One God in three persons. Not three distinct beings. Distinctness of person does not necessitate distinctness of being. Phone Post
5/14/13 9:30 PM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kung Fu, "Logos" is defined as a thought, moral nature, character, word, speech and plan. A script to a play was often called the Logos. It was the written word reflecting the thoughts and creative intelligence and design of the creator of the script.

Jesus is the visible manifestation of the mind of God uttered.

Also, "persons" is not the term you want to use if you do not mean individual entities, personalities, intelligences. Because that's what "persons" means. If you look it up in the dictionary, "persons" is basically an intelligent, independent individual (individual..what? In this case...divine being).

That's why I prefer using the term used by the scripture...

1Tim 3:16

"Great is the mystery of godliness...God was MANIFEST in the flesh..."

The "son of God" is a manifestation of the One True invisible God.

Manifestation is a more appropriate and biblical term for all the various appearances of God....

Whether by fire, by burning bush, by dove, by theophany, or in Christ...these are all manifestations of the same God.

Can't kill the rooster :-)
5/14/13 10:45 PM
Saint Stevo

Yeahhhhh... Here comes the Roooooooster!!!
5/14/13 10:46 PM
Saint Stevo

the rooster - Kung Fu, "Logos" is defined as a thought, moral nature, character, word, speech and plan. A script to a play was often called the Logos. It was the written word reflecting the thoughts and creative intelligence and design of the creator of the script.

Jesus is the visible manifestation of the mind of God uttered.

Also, "persons" is not the term you want to use if you do not mean individual entities, personalities, intelligences. Because that's what "persons" means. If you look it up in the dictionary, "persons" is basically an intelligent, independent individual (individual..what? In this case...divine being).

That's why I prefer using the term used by the scripture...

1Tim 3:16

"Great is the mystery of godliness...God was MANIFEST in the flesh..."

The "son of God" is a manifestation of the One True invisible God.

Manifestation is a more appropriate and biblical term for all the various appearances of God....

Whether by fire, by burning bush, by dove, by theophany, or in Christ...these are all manifestations of the same God.

Can't kill the rooster :-)

I concur.
5/15/13 11:48 AM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Father, son and spirit reveal God in *activity*.

God revealed Himself as Father at the creation (not solely but you get the point). His activity of creating manifested His fatherhood.

God revealed Himself as Son in the incarnation.

God revealed Himself as Spirit in our regeneration.

One God, many titles (eternal titles) that make up the godhead that was *in Christ* *without measure*.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.