UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Was the thief baptized?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/10/13 9:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Saint Stevo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Praise the Lord! I just want to? point something out here about thief on the cross. People say that he was not baptize. I beg to differ. (Luke 23:39-43) U have 2 different personalities here happening. 1 knew about the Kingdom and the other didn't. The word kingdom is very important here. (Matt. 3:5-6, Mark 1:5) Records that all around Region was baptized and the Kingdom of Heaven was preached by John the Bapt. Question, how would the thief know about the kingdom if not for John?

Luke 1:76-77 records Zachariah (Johns father) stating that John Baptist will give knowledge of salvation. Which is baptism unto repentance.

More is explained in this video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x4ILPDJg2o
5/11/13 12:09 AM
MEOWticket
481 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting. Good find. Phone Post
5/14/13 9:45 PM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

additionally, people say that the thief on the cross illustrates how we are to be saved today.

But the thief on the cross died under the law.

John 7:38

He that believes on me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39(But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

The Thief on the cross did not receive the Holy Spirit yet because the holy Spirit wasn't poured out until Pentecost. yet without the Spirit...ye are none of His.

Hebrews 9:16

16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator lives. …

The New Covenant (or testament or will) wasn't in effect until the death of the testator.

So the thief on the cross died under the law with Jesus serving as high priest, temple, sacrifice, and God Himself.

After Pentecost all men are called to (Act 2:38) "repent and be baptized, everyone of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit...

Death (repent), burial ( baptism in Jesus name or in the name of the testator) and resurrection (infilling supernaturlly of the Holy Spirit)
5/15/13 12:57 AM
MEOWticket
481 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luke 23:39-43

One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, "Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!" But the other rebuked him, saying, "Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation?

And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong." And he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." And he said to him,

"Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

I'm confused guys. By 'paradise', did he mean the place where the OT people (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, ect) where being kept? Phone Post
5/15/13 1:04 AM
MEOWticket

MEOWticket - Luke 23:39-43

One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, "Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!" But the other rebuked him, saying, "Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation?

And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong." And he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." And he said to him,

"Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

I'm confused guys. By 'paradise', did he mean the place where the OT people (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, ect) where being kept? Phone Post
It bothers me that some denominations believe and teach that Jesus was in hell getting beat up by Satan and his demons for three days. Some Pentecostal church that my parents had me go with them to taught that. Phone Post
5/16/13 11:25 AM
Saint Stevo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 Peter 3:19 explains the spirit preached unto those in prison.
I don't see anywhere he was beaten in hell recorded. If I'm wrong please point out to me.
5/16/13 12:37 PM
MEOWticket

Saint Stevo - 1 Peter 3:19 explains the spirit preached unto those in prison.
I don't see anywhere he was beaten in hell recorded. If I'm wrong please point out to me.
I don't believe he was. I don't know why that denomination believe that.. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.