UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rebney fires back at Alvarez

5/11/13 12:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone forgets the real timeline and what was offered, the media didn't even get it right thr first time around
5/11/13 1:44 PM
Unseen
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
Unseen - 
MMALOGIC - 
Unseen - 
MMALOGIC -

I believe Eddie said they tried to get him to sign a revised version of the matching clause and his attorneys caught it before he signed it.

So bjorn showing the signed promotional agreement and the signed early release contract doesnt really refute what eddie said... unless i misunderstood what eddie said.

Bellator cant win with this.  IF you win the court case you have a disgruntled worker... and the most damaging aspect is that if they havent before, Every top prospect will be thinking twice about signing with bellator.

Bellator doesn't have to win they just want Eddie and Zuffa to lose.

As far as having a disgruntled employee as long as Eddie shows up to fight Bellator wins. What's Eddie going to do, lose on purpose? He may skip a few press conferences Diaz style but that's it.

Also a fighter has a limited amount of time to earn money. Add to that that the longer Bellator can drag this out the less chance of Eddie being successful in the top tier of the UFC. And that's if Eddie wins in court. Phone Post 3.0

if they win in court and eddie puts his head down and comes back they still dont win.  a year from now nobody will care about the chandler fight and you have a rusty fighter you just paid a six fiure signing bonus to.

How does bellator win? 

How does zuffa lose in all this?  they dont need alvarez.

Bellator is the only loser and Unfortunately so is eddie for the time being.

Because it's not about money.  Well it is, but long term money.  Bellator is willing to spend a lot of cash to keep Eddie, and on legal fees to make the UFC think twice before agressively going after one of their top guys.  It's not even about Eddie which Eddie understands and states with his "dick swinging" remark.  

I'm not siding with Bellator just stating what they are probably thinking.  

I understand what you're saying... but why on earth would this deter zuffa from going after more fighters? Zuffa isnt the one in court.  they really lose nothing. 

If bellator loses the court battle their contract and leverage over their other fighters has been weakened. if they win in court they just paid a ton of money for a fighter who has been on the bench for nearly 2 years.

Zuffa is gonna go after every guy just as aggressively if not more.wait until one of their champions becomes a free agent.

You're right (I think better in the morning, sober lol).  So maybe it is about Eddie and other Bellator fighters (present and future).  The message being that if you use the time and money we invested in you to make the jump to the UFC at a mininmum you will be shelved for as long as we can tie you up in court.

Now I know most of us who have regular jobs with steady incomes might think "then why would anyone sign with Bellator in the first place?".  Well all the fighters I've known over the years including many who have foght in the UFC were living hand to mouth before they got the call.  You can't make plans for your big promotion before you have a career.

5/11/13 3:38 PM
12SixElbow
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So basically, Bellator matched everything but the "intended" PPV dollars.

Why isn't he taking the 70 to show, 70 to win, and 250K bonus and fighting for Bellator?

Seems like good fucking money

5/11/13 4:09 PM
Thacommish
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/11/13 4:14 PM
Oh i c what you said, so he gets nothing for the first few 200k buys its still half a million in value
5/11/13 4:09 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

Why isn't he taking the 70 to show, 70 to win, and 250K bonus and fighting for Bellator?

because hes stuck on the hypothetical dream of being on a gsp card and making milllions...too bad the ufc didnt guarantee him that- then bellator couldnt match...

5/11/13 4:22 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
12SixElbow - 

because hes stuck on the hypothetical dream of being on a gsp card and making milllions...too bad the ufc didnt guarantee him that- then bellator couldnt match...

Except he was gonna be on the GSP/Diaz card, when they couldnt do that they gave him the 159 slot.

either way he would have made between 500k for 159 and 1.6 million for the GSP card.

So he was gonna make good money, money he wouldnt see on a Bellator PPV.

5/11/13 4:26 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They only said what card he was going to be on after the contract drama just to spice it up

He wasn't guaranteed anything, like others have said, lol @ them throwing Eddie on there biggest draws card, zuffa loves giving out even more ppv money! He would have gotten the Lombard treatment if anything, or maybe worse, nothing said guaranteed ppv slot in thr original offer, I'm surprised guys are still not trying to pass off the guaranteed title shot like when first reported and later confirmed wrong

5/11/13 4:28 PM
liquidrob

And this after the Lombard who they gave even more money than Alvarez, no way a non champ was getting a title shot or a ppv spot on a GSP card on his first fight
5/11/13 4:30 PM
Thacommish
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - They only said what card he was going to be on after the contract drama just to spice it up

He wasn't guaranteed anything, like others have said, lol @ them throwing Eddie on there biggest draws card, zuffa loves giving out even more ppv money! He would have gotten the Lombard treatment if anything, or maybe worse, nothing said guaranteed ppv slot in thr original offer, I'm surprised guys are still not trying to pass off the guaranteed title shot like when first reported and later confirmed wrong

No, just like how wsof got to make a second offer to tyson nam, the ufc did the same with eddie where they clarified this, i posted the details a few pages ago. The spot on the PPV was most certainly GUARANTEED. the only thing that wasnt back then was the amount of buys it would generate, but now that it already happened and already generated buys, it has an actual value to it.
5/11/13 4:48 PM
liquidrob

There can not be a second offer, the UFC offered Eddie a contract, Bellator 'matched' anything said or offered by zuffa after that is worth nothing

As soon as Eddie accepted the first ufc offer that was what the contract is
5/11/13 4:48 PM
Thacommish

liquidrob - There can not be a second offer, the UFC offered Eddie a contract, Bellator 'matched' anything said or offered by zuffa after that is worth nothing

As soon as Eddie accepted the first ufc offer that was what the contract is

Yes there can be... look it up tyson nam did the same thing...
5/11/13 4:49 PM
12SixElbow
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
12SixElbow - 

Except he was gonna be on the GSP/Diaz card, when they couldnt do that they gave him the 159 slot.

either way he would have made between 500k for 159 and 1.6 million for the GSP card.

Why didn't they gaurentee him PPV slots? Because they had no intention of putting him on PPV's.

Thats why.

5/11/13 4:50 PM
12SixElbow

Thacommish - 
liquidrob - They only said what card he was going to be on after the contract drama just to spice it up

No, just like how wsof got to make a second offer to tyson nam, the ufc did the same with eddie where they clarified this, i posted the details a few pages ago. The spot on the PPV was most certainly GUARANTEED. the only thing that wasnt back then was the amount of buys it would generate, but now that it already happened and already generated buys, it has an actual value to it.

Source to where in the contract its gaurenteed?

5/11/13 4:51 PM
Thacommish

12SixElbow - 
Chris27 - 
12SixElbow - 

Why didn't they gaurentee him PPV slots? Because they had no intention of putting him on PPV's.

Thats why.

In addition, Zuffa currently has a standing offer to Alvarez for a bout at UFC 159 in late April, but has altered its original contract offer to include the pay-per-view revenue perk (in addition to the negotiated $75,000 show and $75, 000 win purses), despite it not being a title fight. According to Alvarez's UFC offer, included in Bellator's complaint, the fighter stands to make an additional $1.00 for every buy between 200,000-400,000 units, $2.00 for each buy sold between 400,000- 600,000 units and $2.50 for each buy sold over 600,000 units. However, Zuffa contends it must have Alvarez's unfettered commitment by Jan. 27 to get the full 90 days it says it needs to properly promote the bout.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma/news/20130120/eddie-alvarez-counterclaim-against-bellator/#ixzz2T1GJfB2h
i posted it once for you but you conveniently ignored it then posted dated offers from the first contract.
5/11/13 4:51 PM
Thacommish

Notice 12 to 6 your source is dated january 9th, and mine january 20th, get with the program, you are viewing dated material from the first offer
5/11/13 4:54 PM
Thacommish

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Thacommish - 

I'd love to see a source where his spot on a GSP card was 'guaranteed.'  Why on earth would Dana pay unranked Alvarez 15-20 times more than any other LW?

I have a feeling it was a negotiating tactic and there was never even a consideration to put him on that card.  They would do the same with him as they did with Lombard.  Give him a PPV percentage but then keep him off paying PPV's until he can prove he is a draw. 

No one said gsp card, but he had a spot guaranteed please view the source above they detail the "loophole" 12 to 6 has been blabbering about for 2 days now
5/11/13 4:54 PM
liquidrob

That ppv slot was after the contract drama and doesn't mean anything, that's why its a later date, if that was the case why didn't they offer more money? Because they could not
5/11/13 4:56 PM
Thacommish

liquidrob - That ppv slot was after the contract drama and doesn't mean anything, that's why its a later date, if that was the case why didn't they offer more money? Because they could not

its a later date because 2nd offers tend to come after the first.
5/11/13 4:57 PM
Thacommish

you guys can hate bitch and moan all you want, but yes ufc was allowed to make a second offer, and yes bellator was allowed the right to match it again, just like with tyson nam.
5/11/13 4:58 PM
liquidrob

And thats why it didn't count, let me ask you again, why didn't they offer more money?

5/11/13 4:59 PM
Thacommish

liquidrob - And thats why it didn't count, let me ask you again, why didn't they offer more money?

actual money wasnt the issue, ufc was offering something that bellator could in no way match but the judge did not view that as the case.
5/11/13 5:02 PM
liquidrob

They offered Lombard more and Bellator didn't match, so they could have offered more, the problem is the second offer doesn't count

As soon as Eddie accepted that what the contract was
5/11/13 5:04 PM
Thacommish

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

Thacommish: 

Per your own article, they were "prepared" to offer him a bout on the GSP card.  Nothing was guaranteed.  Per that same article, there was a standing offer for him to compete on the Jones card, and the source for this was a letter written by Eddie.  I'd say a good source that he was GUARANTEED on a big card would be contract and per Bjorn, those are all publically available.  Somehow, I doubt this proof will ever be shown.

Zuffa's letter to Alvarez's attorneys clarifies that it had been prepared to offer Alvarez a bout (not specified as a title fight) at UFC 158: St. Pierre vs. Diaz on March 16 in Montreal, but it rescinded the offer due to promotional timing concerns.

Read the next sentence you dolt

" Zuffa's letter to Alvarez's attorneys clarifies that it had been prepared to offer Alvarez a bout (not specified as a title fight) at UFC 158: St. Pierre vs. Diaz on March 16 in Montreal, but it rescinded the offer due to promotional timing concerns.

In addition, Zuffa currently has a standing offer to Alvarez for a bout at UFC 159 in late April, but has altered its original contract offer to include the pay-per-view revenue perk (in addition to the negotiated $75,000 show and $75, 000 win purses), despite it not being a title fight. According to Alvarez's UFC offer, included in Bellator's complaint, the fighter stands to make an additional $1.00 for every buy between 200,000-400,000 units, $2.00 for each buy sold between 400,000- 600,000 units and $2.50 for each buy sold over 600,000 units. However, Zuffa contends it must have Alvarez's unfettered commitment by Jan. 27 to get the full 90 days it says it needs to properly promote the bout."
5/11/13 5:05 PM
12SixElbow

Thacommish - 
12SixElbow - 
Chris27 - 
12SixElbow - 

Thats why.

In addition, Zuffa currently has a standing offer to Alvarez for a bout at UFC 159 in late April, but has altered its original contract offer to include the pay-per-view revenue perk (in addition to the negotiated $75,000 show and $75, 000 win purses), despite it not being a title fight. According to Alvarez's UFC offer, included in Bellator's complaint, the fighter stands to make an additional $1.00 for every buy between 200,000-400,000 units, $2.00 for each buy sold between 400,000- 600,000 units and $2.50 for each buy sold over 600,000 units. However, Zuffa contends it must have Alvarez's unfettered commitment by Jan. 27 to get the full 90 days it says it needs to properly promote the bout.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma/news/20130120/eddie-alvarez-counterclaim-against-bellator/#ixzz2T1GJfB2h
i posted it once for you but you conveniently ignored it then posted dated offers from the first contract.

I didn't conveniently ignore anything, I'm here to discuss things and learn and hear other peoples opinions, I don't do this for a living, if you posted it I didn't notice, half the time I'm on my phone, calm down.

"Zuffa currently has a standing offer to Alvarez for a bout at UFC 159"

Doesn't sound like a gaurentee.

I (and anyone with a brain) would have to see a copy of the contract to really know, don't you think?

"standing offer" isn't a term I understand as far as contracts and legality are concerned, my knowledge of law is definitely very small, but terms like "standing offer" and "Intends to" don't sound like gaurentees.

5/11/13 5:05 PM
Thacommish

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Thacommish - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Thacommish - 

I'd love to see a source where his spot on a GSP card was 'guaranteed.'  Why on earth would Dana pay unranked Alvarez 15-20 times more than any other LW?

I have a feeling it was a negotiating tactic and there was never even a consideration to put him on that card.  They would do the same with him as they did with Lombard.  Give him a PPV percentage but then keep him off paying PPV's until he can prove he is a draw. 

No one said gsp card, but he had a spot guaranteed please view the source above they detail the "loophole" 12 to 6 has been blabbering about for 2 days now

Clearly you haven't even read this thread is you're saying "no one" has brought up the GSP card and said that he lost out on a $1.5M to $2M payday.

By no one i mean anyone with half a brain like me, now please can you hold me to what i actually say instead of what uneducated people are saying?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.