UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones featured in FOX Sports 1 promo

5/10/13 11:29 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On August 16th the FOX company will debut a new network, Fox Sports 1 which will be the new flag ship station for all sports aired on the FOX networks. The UFC is expected to be a large focus of the programming and early promotions has featured UFC champion Jon Jones:

5/10/13 11:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subliminal message?
5/10/13 11:38 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't Jones on a FUEL commercial. Doesn't mean he's going to be on a FUEL card anytime soon
5/10/13 11:45 PM
Chris27

Pancake Syrup - Isn't Jones on a FUEL commercial. Doesn't mean he's going to be on a FUEL card anytime soon

I know, plus he is injured but Dana saying they want to make it a huge card and Jones saying he would like to fight on Fox, would an FS1 main event be that hard to imagine?
5/10/13 11:52 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doubt it. If they are going to have a championship fight it might be a unification bout for Bantamweight. There will be big names but i doubt it will be a GSP, Jones or Silva type fighter on it
5/11/13 12:08 AM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I don't see jones fighting till the end of the year. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 12:23 AM
MMALOGIC

I think they were planning on a Jones main event to kick off fs1... but he's injured and i doubt he'll take a fight on what would esssentially be a 4 week camp.

Dana said it would be the best television card they have ever put on.  That means a Jon Jones main event.

Unfortunately they dont have a headliner now.  is chael vs wand the best card the UFC has ever put on tv?  hell no.

They got nothing.

Cain vs JDS would be huge business. GSP is the biggest ppv draw.  Bendo isnt a big enough draw yet.  Anderson is scheduled already.

They got nothing.  They were banking on Jon Jones vs either Machida/gustaffson/cormier.

5/11/13 12:28 AM
Chris27

MMALOGIC - 

I think they were planning on a Jones main event to kick off fs1... but he's injured and i doubt he'll take a fight on what would esssentially be a 4 week camp.

Dana said it would be the best television card they have ever put on.  That means a Jon Jones main event.

Unfortunately they dont have a headliner now.  is chael vs wand the best card the UFC has ever put on tv?  hell no.

They got nothing.

Cain vs JDS would be huge business. GSP is the biggest ppv draw.  Bendo isnt a big enough draw yet.  Anderson is scheduled already.

They got nothing.  They were banking on Jon Jones vs either Machida/gustaffson/cormier.

I agree, I think Jones was being lined up to possibly headline this card but now that he got hurt it probably wont happen.

Sonnen/Wandy could main event that Brazil FS1 card.

I think Bendo vs Maynard/Grant is the fight to make, Bendo has fought twice on Fox which did good numbers, he is more of a name now but still not a PPV draw yet.

So if Maynard/Grant come out healthy I think thats the fight to make for the debut. A title fight will do good ratings, will have interest and especially if Grant wins there is no way they can do Bendo/Grant on PPV.

Thats def the fight to make for the debut. I doubt Cain vs JDS/Hunt/Werdum would be put on FS1 but thats a possibility.

5/11/13 12:34 AM
Hocky Balboa
8686 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kasabian! Phone Post
5/11/13 12:46 AM
MMALOGIC

Chris27 - 
MMALOGIC - 

They got nothing.

I agree, I think Jones was being lined up to possibly headline this card but now that he got hurt it probably wont happen.

Sonnen/Wandy could main event that Brazil FS1 card.

I think Bendo vs Maynard/Grant is the fight to make, Bendo has fought twice on Fox which did good numbers, he is more of a name now but still not a PPV draw yet.

So if Maynard/Grant come out healthy I think thats the fight to make for the debut. A title fight will do good ratings, will have interest and especially if Grant wins there is no way they can do Bendo/Grant on PPV.

Thats def the fight to make for the debut. I doubt Cain vs JDS/Hunt/Werdum would be put on FS1 but thats a possibility.

Bendo did get a ton of exposure on fox but he's not a name where you're gonna get tons of people asking around where they can find fs1.  Jon Jones is the only guy who could have done that.  Cain vs JDs could do that too but that rubber match is a ppv set up. 

Cain vs JDS is the last competitive HW fight for a while. you cant give that away.  Jon Jones is young and in a division where challengers pop up every 3 months so it's easy to give away one of his fights.

Bendo has to be placed on ppv next whether we think it will sell or not... zuffa is more interest in seeing the fox effect on ppv.  if Bendo can pull 400k plus buys the fox effect is real and very very valuable as it shortens the time for a fighter to become a ppv draw.

The fox effect worked for Cain and JDS as both became ppv draw as champs after only one fight on fox. (jds vs carwin and cain vs big nog both pulled less than 300k buys.  Now they're doing 500k plus per.

If bendo cant sell ppv then either people havent bought into him or the fox effect may not be that effective.  Unfortunately i dont think bendo made the most of his time on fox to become a big ppv draw.

5/11/13 1:07 AM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We love Bendo but I don't thing he's the guy to make casual fans "have" to find the FS1 channel. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 1:14 AM
Chris27

Stigga - We love Bendo but I don't thing he's the guy to make casual fans "have" to find the FS1 channel. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah but outside of GSP, Silva, Jones or a HW title fight what fight is gonna make fans find the channel?

FS1 is gonna get alot of hype for the launch, sports fans will know about it before it launches, putting a title fight, any title fight on a UFC card will be interest.

Bendo has been seen by 5 million fans each of his two Fox fights so he is somewhat known. Just having a title fight attracts an audience.

I think Bendo vs Maynard/Grant would be a fine choice for the debut event, it may not be the first choice or the best choice but its def an acceptable choice. Especially if you make the rest of the card good.

Maybe Bisping, maybe Sonnen/Wandy, maybe DC/Nelson or Reem/Browne or Condit/Kampmann or Machida/Gus or Faber.

You put 4 other good fights on it with a few names that would be a great cable card.

Bendo/Maynard LW title
Reem/Browne
Condit/Kampmann
Faber/Pickett
Brown/Alves

I think that would be a great FS1 debut card.
5/11/13 2:21 AM
The Chronicle
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the other hand I've just seen BTsport's debut promo, featuring no UFC content whatsoever.

Good start. Phone Post
5/11/13 9:49 AM
un3rgr0und

Edited: 05/11/13 9:49 AM
The Speed channel is right next to FX in the channel listings....FX is 37 and Speed/FS1 is 36

...fot me anyway, i dont know about you guys
5/11/13 11:57 AM
Pancake Syrup

I could almost guarantee Lauzon will be on the Boston card and if they put him on the prelims then that's a shame
5/11/13 12:09 PM
Stigga

Chris27 -
Stigga - We love Bendo but I don't thing he's the guy to make casual fans "have" to find the FS1 channel. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah but outside of GSP, Silva, Jones or a HW title fight what fight is gonna make fans find the channel?

FS1 is gonna get alot of hype for the launch, sports fans will know about it before it launches, putting a title fight, any title fight on a UFC card will be interest.

Bendo has been seen by 5 million fans each of his two Fox fights so he is somewhat known. Just having a title fight attracts an audience.

I think Bendo vs Maynard/Grant would be a fine choice for the debut event, it may not be the first choice or the best choice but its def an acceptable choice. Especially if you make the rest of the card good.

Maybe Bisping, maybe Sonnen/Wandy, maybe DC/Nelson or Reem/Browne or Condit/Kampmann or Machida/Gus or Faber.

You put 4 other good fights on it with a few names that would be a great cable card.

Bendo/Maynard LW title
Reem/Browne
Condit/Kampmann
Faber/Pickett
Brown/Alves

I think that would be a great FS1 debut card.
Exactly Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 1:08 PM
hogh20

I'm excited!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.