UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Diaz promotions...

5/12/13 4:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -
UGCTT_AsimpleFan - 0 chance of this being a real thing. A well intentioned idea? Yes. An actual promotion? No. Love the guy but he just doesn't have what is takes to successfully start and run a promotion. Phone Post 3.0

And you do I assume?

No he doesn't, which is why he isn't opening one up Phone Post
5/12/13 4:07 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe - 
LayzieTheSavage - 
UGCTT_AsimpleFan - 0 chance of this being a real thing. A well intentioned idea? Yes. An actual promotion? No. Love the guy but he just doesn't have what is takes to successfully start and run a promotion. Phone Post 3.0

lol @ the haaaaaaaaaaaaters!

Man, you are sad!

You had to have known this would be the overwhelming opinon on here. I hope Nick proves us wrong!

I agree with whoever said it would be very easy for him to get taken advantage of by business types, I hope he's putting in his name and not his money

Yeah, I don't really understand how that made him a "hater".  Fuck Layzie, aren't you a grown ass man, you shouldn't be using words like "hater" anymore, that shit is for kids.  The guy said he loves Diaz, but just doesn't think he has what it takes to run a succesful promotion.  That's not "hating" that's having an informed opinion.  Nick has shown the general public very little to say that he would be able to succesfully run a promotion.  He's even stated he doesn't pay his taxes, try pulling that when you own your own business, not gonna work.

I wish Nick all the best, if he does start up a good up and coming promotion, I will be very surprised, but also extremely happy for him.  The more interesting figures that are sitting atop of promotions in MMA the better.  Guys like Dana and Nick make for interesting TV, instead of guys that kill puppies like Bjorn.

5/12/13 4:10 PM
caposa
1848 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/12/13 4:10 PM
donniejessup - 
caposa - 

And you do I assume?

What does that have to do with anything, Caposa? As long as Asimple fan isn't starting a promotion.

I love Diaz as a fighter but he has shown nothing but disdain for the business side of fighting. Not the best candidate to start a promotion.

Well he said that Diaz "doesn't have what it takes to successfully start and run a promotion." To me that implies that AsimpleFan must know what it takes, right? So I was asking.

He already explained himself. He doesn't need you to come defend him.

If Nick wants to start a promotion to help local fighters, I say more power to him. No need for negativity.

5/12/13 4:15 PM
LayzieTheSavage
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Videographer
caposa - 
donniejessup - 
caposa - 

And you do I assume?

What does that have to do with anything, Caposa? As long as Asimple fan isn't starting a promotion.

I love Diaz as a fighter but he has shown nothing but disdain for the business side of fighting. Not the best candidate to start a promotion.

Well he said that Diaz "doesn't have what it takes to successfully start and run a promotion." To me that implies that AsimpleFan must know what it takes, right? So I was asking.

He already explained himself. He doesn't need you to come defend him.

If Nick wants to start a promotion to help local fighters, I say more power to him. No need for negativity.

Agreed.

5/12/13 4:16 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't being negative just saying this idea isn't based in reality. It takes a certain amount of specialized knowledge to run any for profit business. That isn't even taking into consideration all the sanctions involved in running an MMA promotion. I don't know all the details. But I know Nick doesn't either. If he does this he will be taken advantage of and bled dry. Unless he finds a truly honest person to run things and he just bank rolls and lends his star status. Honest people in business are a rare commodity. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 4:17 PM
LayzieTheSavage
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
Kick Boxe - 
LayzieTheSavage - 

Man, you are sad!

You had to have known this would be the overwhelming opinon on here. I hope Nick proves us wrong!

I agree with whoever said it would be very easy for him to get taken advantage of by business types, I hope he's putting in his name and not his money

Yeah, I don't really understand how that made him a "hater".  Fuck Layzie, aren't you a grown ass man, you shouldn't be using words like "hater" anymore, that shit is for kids.  The guy said he loves Diaz, but just doesn't think he has what it takes to run a succesful promotion.  That's not "hating" that's having an informed opinion.  Nick has shown the general public very little to say that he would be able to succesfully run a promotion.  He's even stated he doesn't pay his taxes, try pulling that when you own your own business, not gonna work.

I wish Nick all the best, if he does start up a good up and coming promotion, I will be very surprised, but also extremely happy for him.  The more interesting figures that are sitting atop of promotions in MMA the better.  Guys like Dana and Nick make for interesting TV, instead of guys that kill puppies like Bjorn.

You guys don't know any of the info, or who's helping Nick with this project, yet you guys want to shut him down before hand? Just stay tuned and hope for the best. No need for negativity. 

5/12/13 4:19 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LayzieTheSavage - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
Kick Boxe - 
LayzieTheSavage - 

Man, you are sad!

You guys don't know any of the info, or who's helping Nick with this project, yet you guys want to shut him down before hand? Just stay tuned and hope for the best. No need for negativity. 

I'm not being negative.  And you were the one who came in saying it was Nick Diaz Promotion.  So that makes us think it's Nick and mainly Nick.  If you would have said "Nick and various smart investors" Than I would have said "Gee Layzie, that sounds like a pretty damn good idea for Nick".  So you can't really fault us for having doubts at first, without you really giving us said knowledge. 

5/12/13 4:22 PM
discodrew
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see him not paying a guy who beat his friend. or if they didn't "fight like a man" and had a game plan he would have a fit. Phone Post
5/12/13 4:23 PM
MMARAIDER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya I see that working out Phone Post
5/12/13 4:28 PM
LayzieTheSavage

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
LayzieTheSavage - 
Malvert the Janitor - 
UGCTT_AsimpleFan - 0 chance of this being a real thing. A well intentioned idea? Yes. An actual promotion? No. Love the guy but he just doesn't have what is takes to successfully start and run a promotion. Phone Post 3.0
Doesn't mean he's trying to compete with the big boys....probably just providing a venue for local talent to get some experience and, perhaps, a little shine.

I love it! Phone Post 3.0

That's what it's looking like at this point. 

Ya know... I kinda giggled right when I saw this but it does make sense.  I lived in Vegas for 6 years and attended a bunch of smaller promotions, and they were fun as hell and great for the area.  In fact, people like Ronda Rousey and Ryan Couture were fighting on these cards years ago.  It's not like Nick's saying that he's trying to compete with the UFC.  He's got a big enough name (especially locally) to get sponsors and easily run a successful smaller promotion.  Good for him on staying busy and working on other stuff other than fighting.

Good post. voted up. 

5/12/13 4:29 PM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet. I hope Nick does well!

5/12/13 4:31 PM
CGJiuJitsu
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - 0 chance of this being a real thing. A well intentioned idea? Yes. An actual promotion? No. Love the guy but he just doesn't have what is takes to successfully start and run a promotion. Phone Post 3.0
LOL @ thinking you know everything about Nick and that he is the only person involved in this business venture...!!! Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 4:32 PM
LayzieTheSavage

CGJiuJitsu - 
LOL @ thinking you know everything about Nick and that he is the only person involved in this business venture...!!! Phone Post 3.0

5/12/13 4:44 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to the OP Nick is starting a promotion. If a bunch of investors are starting a promotion and Nick is going to be the big name involved then OP is misleading. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 5:02 PM
breakbeatbox
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/12/13 5:56 PM
WAR WAR!

(Whoops, looks like the site's not ready)
5/12/13 5:07 PM
Dana Stern

Now I've heard it all. Nick Diaz is starting a Fight Promotion, yea and Nate Diaz is starting a Speech Therapy Program for the Troubled Youth. Phone Post
5/12/13 5:22 PM
carcaju
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana Stern -  Now I've heard it all. Nick Diaz is starting a Fight Promotion, yea and Nate Diaz is starting a Speech Therapy Program for the Troubled Youth. Phone Post

Hahahaha! Literal lol.
5/12/13 5:40 PM
Leck Brosnar

Medeiros got instantly cut from the UFC after the injury loss?
5/12/13 5:45 PM
NorthernIrishZombie
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judges will score the fighters on effective striking, grappling, aggression, cage control and not being a bitch.

5/12/13 5:46 PM
Genital Hogwarts

this will end well
5/12/13 5:48 PM
MoomBah
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please be pride rules. Phone Post
5/12/13 5:52 PM
rudj
761 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weights Are Regulated
5/12/13 5:56 PM
El Gappo
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JUST THINK of the press conferences. This will be epic!
5/12/13 5:58 PM
Genital Hogwarts

new meaning to the green room
5/12/13 6:00 PM
LayzieTheSavage

breakbeatbox - WAR WAR!

(Whoops, looks like the site's not ready)
Thanks for the edit bud Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.