UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Diaz promotions...

5/14/13 6:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SBogar
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/14/13 7:08 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My guess is they are using his name to promote a brand. I doubt Nick will have an active organizational role though, he really has not shown the acumen for it.

No hate, just my observation. He can be like Chuck Liddel though, a director of fun, or whatever... Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 1:40 AM
OGT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone -

Layzie let me ask you since you are quick to call those who have said this is a bad idea for Nick a question. What in Nick's long history in this sport showsthat he has the patience, focus, and drive to do the necessary things to run a promotion? The guy has made it VERY public that he hates the promtion side of this sport. He has had a history of missing press events necessary to promote the sport. Yes, on smaller regional shows it isn't necessary to have big media events. But you still have to be out there posting flyers and posters in the community. Going on local media and promoting the thing. The guy has admited in the past to not being the best with money, that and running a business ANY business is a bad idea. I worry for Nick when I see things like this. I think he is letting people put ideas in his head and those people don't care about Nick's welfare.

I think its foolish to think Nick will be doing all of that himself, just like how Dana doesn't do all of that for the UFC. Obviously nick won't be crunching numbers and doing the finances and whatnot, the UFC has numerous employees, as does Bellator, I'd assume if this thing gets off the ground it'd be similar.

Just my guess :) Phone Post
5/15/13 11:30 AM
MikeA1129
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lmfao. Guy can't cut it at the top of the ufc so he leaves and starts his own promotion. Lololol
5/15/13 11:42 AM
Malvert the Janitor
1086 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MikeA1129 - Lmfao. Guy can't cut it at the top of the ufc so he leaves and starts his own promotion. Lololol
I think Nick can cut it at the top...the very top (GSP) is a place held by one man. Can't knock Nick for that.

Oh well. I guess your opinion counts more because of you 08 join date. Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 11:57 AM
JStrongMMA
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MikeA1129 - Lmfao. Guy can't cut it at the top of the ufc so he leaves and starts his own promotion. Lololol
Lol..because he lost to GSP?...along with every other WW for the last 6 years. Come on man..he is the #4 ranked welterweight in the world. Phone Post
5/15/13 11:59 AM
Malvert the Janitor
1086 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA -
Lol..because he lost to GSP?...along with every other WW for the last 6 years. Come on man..he is the #4 ranked welterweight in the world. Phone Post
Your green name is outweighed by his join date. UG rules... Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 3:07 PM
MikeA1129
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, I love how often you nerds bring up join date, as if it mean something. Judging by the people who post here, it makes me less of a douche for not being here as long.
The ignorance on the Internet embarrass's me.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.