UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: I'm scared before a fight

5/12/13 7:32 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre appeared recently on Inside MMA, and related how he felt walking to the Octagon.

“I’m scared,” said GSP. “Before a fight, I doubt about myself. I’m scared.”

“I try to be confident, but deep down inside, I’m afraid. I’m afraid to get knocked out, afraid to get humiliated, afraid to have done all that work and put all that effort for nothing, and not be as good as people expect me to be. That’s why I’m afraid.”

“It’s not really being afraid of my opponent. I’m afraid of not performing the best as I should. And I think it’s the same fear that keep me sharp, keep my reaction time better, and make me perform better.”

GSP also discussed Anderson Silva.

"Anderson has a big fight with Chris Weidman. Chris Weidman, I know him and believe me he's the top guy Anderson Silva has ever faced. For me, Chris is my friend, and I believe he's going to win."

5/12/13 7:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Georges is scared of Silva.
5/12/13 7:50 PM
damane08
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're friends, his answer was obvious from the get go.
5/12/13 7:53 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes we get it. Fighters think their teammates and training partners will win Phone Post
5/12/13 7:54 PM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being friends, wtf is GSP going to say?

If Weidman's wrestling is that good, he can take Silva down with super ease and keep him there for 5 rounds.
5/12/13 8:01 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Yes we get it. Fighters think their teammates and training partners will win Phone Post
Are you saying GSP belives Weidman will lose? Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 8:04 PM
Authority Figure

5/12/13 8:10 PM
I AM A MOFO
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many times does GSP have to say the SAME THING before we stop pretending it's a headline?

5/12/13 8:10 PM
inf0
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ask Randy Couture how picking his friends in fights worked out...

5/12/13 8:11 PM
TuLegit

Everyone is scared before they fight and if they say they're not they're lying to you. That doesn't mean you won't perform well, look at Georges his own nerves and fear is what causes him to excel at such a high level. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 8:13 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clearly, GSP is ducking Overeem. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 8:15 PM
Another Foob
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This morning I rewatched Weidman's last three fights. I would bet against Georges on this one.
5/12/13 8:24 PM
Jons Forsberg

lol @ UG blog trollen.
5/12/13 8:29 PM
dhughes
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight someone in a cage in front of 10s of thousands of people in the audience, a million or so on TV, your team that is practically your family...yeah, you *should* be scared. Everything about that is scary. I would guess that getting physically hurt or experiencing pain is the least of the concerns.
5/12/13 11:55 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

CormierCrackSniffer -  I firmly believe George would beat silva Phone Post

delusion, how does it work?
5/14/13 12:19 PM
Chulio
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just finished his book and he defiantly is not a cookie cutter MMA fighter. From him lifting up Matt Huges after the fight when he lost to him to the respect he had for Koschek when they fought, he is an honest guy about his feeling. That does not fly with many in the mma community.
Not even sure he likes fighting for a living but it was the only thing he was good at
5/14/13 3:44 PM
Mayweedz
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell, sometimes I get scared just watching these guys fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.