UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Morcegao footlock (video)

5/12/13 11:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nogidavid
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A quick sneak into a seminar I did here in the UK recently that you might enjoy. I cut my hair since the last time.... I just took bronze at the ADCC European trials and these footlock techniques were integral in that competition. I'm doing a lot more seminars now, so message me if you're interested in having me over for one.
5/13/13 6:10 AM
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do you ever run into a similarly tall person pulling your top/left foot across and taking a cross body straight footlock?
5/13/13 6:36 AM
PayItForward
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice.

and tell your uke to not wear socks. he's not bob bass nor rick williams so he doesn't get a pass. ;)
5/13/13 7:01 AM
Shemhazai
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love this footlock. I actually use it more with the opponent's leg passed across to the inside/cross footlock, keeping that modified X-guard hook with the outside foot to prevent him from getting 50/50 on me. Pretty easy position to get to from the RDLR spin-under.
5/13/13 8:49 AM
nogidavid
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demandango - do you ever run into a similarly tall person pulling your top/left foot across and taking a cross body straight footlock?

not really they don't have the control to finish. i can always go upside down too, so all the crank is their wrist into my shinbone

5/13/13 9:10 AM
Muffinho
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shemhazai - I love this footlock. I actually use it more with the opponent's leg passed across to the inside/cross footlock, keeping that modified X-guard hook with the outside foot to prevent him from getting 50/50 on me. Pretty easy position to get to from the RDLR spin-under.

That's my preferred method as well. Spinning upside down to take the back or sitting up with the leg drag if I feel I cannot finish for whatever reason.
5/13/13 9:45 AM
nogidavid

Shemhazai - I love this footlock. I actually use it more with the opponent's leg passed across to the inside/cross footlock, keeping that modified X-guard hook with the outside foot to prevent him from getting 50/50 on me. Pretty easy position to get to from the RDLR spin-under.

works real well, especially if you're fleible in the DLR hooking leg. i like 50/50 though :)

5/13/13 11:57 AM
mrgoodarmbar
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice point on not keeping the inside foot hidden.

I saw a vid of gokor showing your left foot stepping into your opponents right thigh..Sometimes I like doing that until I've found the spot near his foot where I'm starting to secure the ankle. Then I transfer over as you show so I can starting arching belly down. I think it keeps his hips more square to mine early on. Kind of depends upon how his hips are initially though.

Also not a fan of the RNC style of finishing. I know there's a lot of people that like that, it just seems to put the flat part of your forearm against his achilles rather than the blade. I just have a preference for cupping the outer edge of my hand like doing a guillotine.
5/13/13 12:36 PM
Mighty Cthulhu
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool attack position, tho I also don't like the RNC grip. Significantly increases the amount of power required, even though it gives good control.
5/13/13 1:47 PM
Stubbsy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great vid! Shared :-) Phone Post
5/13/13 2:57 PM
rolijuju
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great video.
5/13/13 8:00 PM
nogidavid

mrgoodarmbar - Nice point on not keeping the inside foot hidden.

I saw a vid of gokor showing your left foot stepping into your opponents right thigh..Sometimes I like doing that until I've found the spot near his foot where I'm starting to secure the ankle. Then I transfer over as you show so I can starting arching belly down. I think it keeps his hips more square to mine early on. Kind of depends upon how his hips are initially though.

Also not a fan of the RNC style of finishing. I know there's a lot of people that like that, it just seems to put the flat part of your forearm against his achilles rather than the blade. I just have a preference for cupping the outer edge of my hand like doing a guillotine.

have to be real careful putting the foot on the other hip as the no handed toehold is right there.

As for the RNC grip, i'v experimented with all of them, it's my favourite and i disagree with the guy who says it requires more power. There's some details to make it work right though

5/13/13 8:01 PM
nogidavid

and thanks guys! roli, your vids were really nice too, confirmed a lot of the things i was doing myself 

5/14/13 11:05 AM
nogidavid

Stubbsy -  Great vid! Shared :-) Phone Post

thanks dude. where?

5/14/13 12:21 PM
mrgoodarmbar
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nogidavid - 
mrgoodarmbar - Nice point on not keeping the inside foot hidden.

have to be real careful putting the foot on the other hip as the no handed toehold is right there.

As for the RNC grip, i'v experimented with all of them, it's my favourite and i disagree with the guy who says it requires more power. There's some details to make it work right though

not putting the foot on the other hip..putting the sole of your foot on the inside of the other thigh. So your left foot goes on the inside or your opponents right thigh...Maybe have to be cautious of having the foot scooped up into victor estima style footlock? Not sure what your talking about with the no handed toehold. Maybe you misunderstood my description.
5/14/13 1:22 PM
nogidavid

Yeh. No handed toe hold is what i call the victor style footlock since he asked me not to call it that anymore
5/14/13 2:10 PM
mrgoodarmbar

nogidavid - Yeh. No handed toe hold is what i call the victor style footlock since he asked me not to call it that anymore

cool..good feedback. thanks.
Weird that he didn't want you calling that. Was he trying to be humble about it or something?
5/14/13 2:20 PM
nogidavid

no problem, discussion is good!

fuck no. he didn't want me to make money from seminars using his name for any type of publicity. So i just renamed it lol

5/14/13 4:17 PM
JRockwell
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nogidavid -

no problem, discussion is good!

fuck no. he didn't want me to make money from seminars using his name for any type of publicity. So i just renamed it lol

You guys have a falling out? I remember you were Braulio's demo guy in his online vids which were excellent. Phone Post
5/14/13 4:24 PM
nogidavid

he fucked me over, we no longer exchange xmas cards lol

no, that wasn't me in braulio's vids

5/14/13 4:31 PM
Stubbsy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nogidavid -

thanks dude. where?

On FB and shortly on twitter @jiujitsuevo Phone Post
5/14/13 4:36 PM
nogidavid

Stubbsy - 
nogidavid -

thanks dude. where?

On FB and shortly on twitter @jiujitsuevo Phone Post

nice one! thanks!

5/15/13 11:51 AM
nogidavid

Ttt
5/15/13 12:49 PM
deepu
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for later
5/15/13 1:04 PM
slick_mcfavorite
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great video man! I have a question you might have covered but since my computer speakers are messed up I might have missed it.

Do you prefer to attack the ankle on the low side or the side closest to the mat. Or is that just a series from that position you were showing. I was always told if you have a choice to take the high side but Id be interested to hear another perspective if that is your position of choice.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.