UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Morcegao footlock (video)

5/15/13 1:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JZilla
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quality Phone Post
5/15/13 1:45 PM
nogidavid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slick_mcfavorite - Great video man! I have a question you might have covered but since my computer speakers are messed up I might have missed it.

Do you prefer to attack the ankle on the low side or the side closest to the mat. Or is that just a series from that position you were showing. I was always told if you have a choice to take the high side but Id be interested to hear another perspective if that is your position of choice.

it can work just the same on either side, all the same key points are true no matter the side of the foot. thinking about it, personally, i don't do the cross footlock too much. If they stand up and manage to push the foot on the hip between their legs (stopping me going 50/50) I don't have too much to stop ther guard pass.with the footlock on the other side i can play 1 leg X guard.

just my personal thoughts :) i wouldn't say the cross footlock is wrong by any means

5/15/13 2:04 PM
Shemhazai
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think what slick_mcfavorite meant by 'high side' was turning to the inside with the same-side footlock, i.e. the illegal direction under IBJJF rules.

As for stopping the pass on the cross footlock, I actually like to throw the inside leg over into 50/50 while keeping the outside hook, allowing me to pin the opponent's hips to the mat/sweep him over if he's trying to come up. Then I put the foot back on the hip if I want, adjusting the distance with the outside hook, or just scoot in close to force a massive bend in his leg, Cavaca style.
5/15/13 2:20 PM
nogidavid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shemhazai - I think what slick_mcfavorite meant by 'high side' was turning to the inside with the same-side footlock, i.e. the illegal direction under IBJJF rules.

As for stopping the pass on the cross footlock, I actually like to throw the inside leg over into 50/50 while keeping the outside hook, allowing me to pin the opponent's hips to the mat/sweep him over if he's trying to come up. Then I put the foot back on the hip if I want, adjusting the distance with the outside hook, or just scoot in close to force a massive bend in his leg, Cavaca style.

yes, that way of playing with the 50/50 and the hook is really powerful :D

as for turning to the illegal side, you can't do it while keeping the same leg position and you have less control

5/16/13 10:54 AM
nogidavid

Ttt
5/16/13 6:17 PM
flee76
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stuff, VTFU for you!
5/16/13 8:39 PM
nogidavid

:D haha

5/18/13 9:45 AM
nogidavid

ttt

5/18/13 10:11 AM
Truemanc3
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nogidavid - 

he fucked me over, we no longer exchange xmas cards lol

no, that wasn't me in braulio's vids

Thats a shame... I've been there!

Have you had to change teams?
5/18/13 11:15 AM
nogidavid

I joined de la riva who i'd trained with for a long time in brazil :)
5/19/13 7:23 PM
nogidavid

ttt

6/7/13 6:55 PM
nogidavid

Edited: 06/08/13 8:46 AM

ttt

6/8/13 7:18 PM
7 Dust
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice video man. Sux to hear that B E fucked you over. Somebody told me he isn't the nicests of guys. Kind of sucks cause I love his Jiu Jitsu.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.