UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson 8/17 in Boston

5/13/13 1:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

MMAWeekly is reporting that Joe Lauzon will be fighting Michael Johnson at the first ever UFC on FOX Sports event, August 17, at the TD Gardens in Boston.

A Boston native, Lauzon is coming off a 'Fight of the Night' performance vs. Jim Miller late in 2012 in which he lost a unanimous decision.

TUF 12 runner up Johnson is 4-4 in the UFC, and is coming off successive losses to Myles Jury and Reza Madadi. He is in all likelihood fighting for his livelihood.

The UFC has not yet announced a main event for the card, but it is believed to have:
Thiago Alves vs. Matt Brown
Conor McGregor vs. TBA

5/13/13 2:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
806 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. Good fight for Lauzon!

5/13/13 2:02 PM
Blowtorch19
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Lauzon Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 2:03 PM
ChinoV
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yeah, J-Lau by submission in front of the hometown crowd. Can't wait to see him back in there after an exciting war with Jim Miller. WAR J-LAU!!!!
5/13/13 2:04 PM
Chimp Strength
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigger fights out there for Joe IMO but I'm sure it will be entertaining as always. That's not aimed at Johnson's skills but more his name. Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 2:05 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimp Strength - Bigger fights out there for Joe IMO but I'm sure it will be entertaining as always. That's not aimed at Johnson's skills but more his name. Phone Post 3.0
Came here to post this Phone Post
5/13/13 2:06 PM
kingbisping
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what has michael johnson done to deserve this fight? Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 2:08 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
806 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimp Strength - Bigger fights out there for Joe IMO but I'm sure it will be entertaining as always. That's not aimed at Johnson's skills but more his name. Phone Post 3.0

I think this is just for Joe to get back in the W column and then he can be set up with a better name.

5/13/13 2:10 PM
Hikikomori

Easy win for JLo.

Michael Johnson is getting cut.
5/13/13 2:14 PM
sincitydc
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like it but I think it would've been a perfect time to put Lauzon and Diaz together. Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 2:20 PM
The Last Emperor

Ridiculous that they put Johnson against Joe with back to back losses to guys who weren't even in the top 10. Johnson deserves a chance with an easier fight too.

It's obvious that they're trying to get Joe a win in front of the Boston crowd and trim their roster of Johnson. As much as I love Joe, it pisses me off that the UFC pulls this shit and I hope Johnson ruins their plan with an emphatic finish. You don't give a guy with two losses in a row to lesser competition a contender.

Shouldn't J Lau be cut if he loses to a guy who is no doubt being set up to be canned?

Fuck the UFC for this.
5/13/13 2:22 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Lauzon!!

Michael Johnson is not an easy fight for anyone, but Joe is taking the Submission of the Night bonus in this one! Phone Post
5/13/13 2:22 PM
meco24
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait.
5/13/13 2:23 PM
Hikikomori

The Last Emperor - Ridiculous that they put Johnson against Joe with back to back losses to guys who weren't even in the top 10. Johnson deserves a chance with an easier fight too.

It's obvious that they're trying to get Joe a win in front of the Boston crowd and trim their roster of Johnson. As much as I love Joe, it pisses me off that the UFC pulls this shit and I hope Johnson ruins their plan with an emphatic finish. You don't give a guy with two losses in a row to lesser competition a contender.

Shouldn't J Lau be cut if he loses to a guy who is no doubt being set up to be canned?

Fuck the UFC for this.

vu
5/13/13 2:23 PM
Winston Wolf

terrible matchup and a no win for Joe
5/13/13 2:26 PM
DangerZone
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sincitydc - I like it but I think it would've been a perfect time to put Lauzon and Diaz together. Phone Post 3.0
I Agree Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 2:30 PM
minotauro11
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is going to be an awesome, competitive fight, until Lauzon gets it to the floor. Johnson will probably get tapped in a couple of minutes grappling with Lauzon. I hope Johnson doesn't get cut if he loses this fight, this is by far the toughest test of his career after two straight losses. Kind of strange decision by Joe Silva to match these two up. Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 2:34 PM
stevies6969

Well Mike...it was fun ride, but maybe next time. Sorry bud!
5/13/13 2:34 PM
Winston Wolf

for whatever reason UFC doesnt want to match Diaz with Lauzon
5/13/13 2:37 PM
Card
1991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take him down Joe.

5/13/13 2:40 PM
choadler
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lauzon fan, but this will be a gpod, tough fight. Ill be there watching. Cant say its a bad fight. Mismatch, but its a huge opportunity for Johnson.

Joe will fight like a man posessed here in Boston. Re-watch the Gabe Rudiger fight. Talk about game-on. Phone Post
5/13/13 2:41 PM
Chris27

Kind of a lackluster fight, it could be throwing Joe a bone in his hometown, think he def wins that fight.

Wouldnt be a bad prelim on FS1 before the main card.

5/13/13 2:42 PM
Chris27

Winston Wolf - for whatever reason UFC doesnt want to match Diaz with Lauzon

Doesnt Nick want to move up to WW?
5/13/13 2:46 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

Chris27 - Kind of a lackluster fight, it could be throwing Joe a bone in his hometown, think he def wins that fight.

You really think they wouldn't put Joe on the main card? Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 2:49 PM
Chris27

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
Chris27 - Kind of a lackluster fight, it could be throwing Joe a bone in his hometown, think he def wins that fight.

You really think they wouldn't put Joe on the main card? Phone Post 3.0

Depends on how the card looks, if Dana is telling the truth that they want to make the best free card ever than Joe/MJ isnt a main card worthy fight.

I know Joe brings it and is exciting and its his hometown but I need to see the rest of the card.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.