UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> BJJ Instructor Title

5/15/13 4:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Graugart -  I don't understand why there has to be a separation. My students of all ages has always called me by my first name, just as I have to them. We have been friends on an equal level, no hierarchy on or off the mat. Has worked great and wouldn't ever want it any other way.

Would you also give your students a title that tells they are "below" you? Phone Post

Down here, kids don't call adults by their first name. Isn't an issue of them being "below" you, but an issue of respect. I reckon the same goes for all titles.
5/15/13 4:20 PM
Graugart
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CJJScout -
Graugart -  I don't understand why there has to be a separation. My students of all ages has always called me by my first name, just as I have to them. We have been friends on an equal level, no hierarchy on or off the mat. Has worked great and wouldn't ever want it any other way.

Would you also give your students a title that tells they are "below" you? Phone Post

Down here, kids don't call adults by their first name. Isn't an issue of them being "below" you, but an issue of respect. I reckon the same goes for all titles.
Cultural difference, I guess :) Never in my life heard anyone in Denmark call anyone anything but their fist name actually. Especially not children addressing adults :)

So I guess it's natural here that that culture also rules on the mat. I would feel super weird if anyone calls me anything but Christian in any scenario of life here, really :) Phone Post
5/15/13 5:01 PM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely cultural. It is always "Mr." and then either the first or last name, depending on how familiar the kid is with the adult.
5/15/13 5:01 PM
CJJScout

Definitely cultural. It is always "Mr." and then either the first or last name, depending on how familiar the kid is with the adult.
5/15/13 5:37 PM
CoreNobody
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - Massa with no r. You get the r once you are accused of your first sex crime Phone Post 3.0
LOL!

Awesome CUO Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 7:31 PM
Hillary
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Our kids go by the Mr/Ms/Coach Firstname.
5/16/13 1:03 AM
gusto

first name or mister first name. dont tkd bjj fren

master_first name_________ if you are living the real playa lifestyle (vote me down you lloyd rapester assassin bitches)
5/16/13 7:25 AM
Muggler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd go with Grand Poobah Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 7:43 AM
CoreNobody
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I call him Dave....we're cool like that. Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 10:58 PM
7 Dust

Edited: 05/19/13 11:01 PM
Sensei
5/19/13 11:13 PM
plasticonoband
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen - Keep it real, have them call you "Nigga".

Tell them you're training them for the street.
Lmao! Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 9:50 AM
Massa
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/20/13 9:51 AM
Double.
5/20/13 9:51 AM
Massa
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - Massa with no r. You get the r once you are accused of your first sex crime Phone Post 3.0

This ^^
5/20/13 2:25 PM
odennis
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your Majesty
5/20/13 10:34 PM
cross3dout
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I call my instructor master, well bc he is my head master and he is a brown belt, my kids who I teach call me instructor Phone Post 3.0
5/25/13 7:20 PM
FJJ828
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We have one or two students that call me "Professor". Everyone else calls me by my first name.

Funny that the last time I saw Robson Moura, he instroduced me to a crowd as "Professor Fletcher"... I almost didn't know who he was talking about.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.