UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> No Gi in Portland

5/14/13 12:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SkateOrDie
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in Portland for work and I want to roll no gi. Can anyone recommend a place to drop in on Thursday?

I am staying near the airport.

Thanks! Phone Post
5/14/13 12:51 PM
ryanjudoka
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5 Rings Jiu Jitsu(Ribeiro affiliate) has nogi Friday night. Super nice guys. 5rjjdotcom
Portland Jiu Jitsu (Caio affiliate) has a nogi takedowns and sparring class Fridays as well. Pdxbjjdotcom Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 11:14 PM
SkateOrDie

Anything no gi on Thursday?

I tried looking for a schedule on SBG's website but I couldn't find anything listed. Phone Post
5/20/13 12:24 AM
cprevost
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I coach SBG on Thursday nights. Class is a gi BJJ class.
5/21/13 1:15 AM
koalaguard

Thursday is no gi night at Nemesis bjj in downtown (nemesisbjj.com). Beginner class at 5:30, all levels at 6:30. Super nice guys. Super laid back gym. Super welcoming place. People drop in all the time from out of town and other gyms in town.

If you are around in the morning there is a group of higher level colored belt guys that come in for rolls at 9:30. They mostly do gi lately but most don't have a problem taking off the jacket for a few no gi rounds if someone wants. Some MMA guys come cross train pretty often and they usually aren't trying to roll around in pajamas. Hell, you could call ahead, they might just make it a no gi day regardless.
5/21/13 1:18 AM
koalaguard

...And now I see this is a week old. So much for trying to contribute to the community.
5/21/13 1:37 AM
koalaguard

Edited: 05/21/13 1:37 AM
6/4/13 8:43 PM
PittWrestler
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donkey

6/4/13 11:30 PM
puppet
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

koalaguard - Thursday is no gi night at Nemesis bjj in downtown (nemesisbjj.com). Beginner class at 5:30, all levels at 6:30. Super nice guys. Super laid back gym. Super welcoming place. People drop in all the time from out of town and other gyms in town.

If you are around in the morning there is a group of higher level colored belt guys that come in for rolls at 9:30. They mostly do gi lately but most don't have a problem taking off the jacket for a few no gi rounds if someone wants. Some MMA guys come cross train pretty often and they usually aren't trying to roll around in pajamas. Hell, you could call ahead, they might just make it a no gi day regardless.
Awesome koala, I'm headed up to Portland In a few weeks. Ill def give you guys a call for a drop in. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 9:48 AM
XxDreamxX
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/05/13 9:48 AM
Check out Team Renzo Gracies Portland. It's opening soon and the instructor, Aaron Milam, a John Danaher BB, has some amazing No-Gi techniques.

http://www.renzogracieportland.com/
6/8/13 9:36 PM
KUIndustries
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go Portland!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.