UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Started a cigar club - looking for ideas

5/14/13 4:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recently started a local cigar club. I'm looking for ideas on how to make the club fun, exciting, and enticing for new prospective members. I want the club to be interesting for cigar fanatics but also welcoming to newer cigar smokers. We have our first meeting this friday night.

Is anyone in a club? I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

Some things I'm implementing or thinking of doing are:

Monthly meetings - some at members' homes and some at local restaurants or cigar bars

Food at every meeting (This Friday we are BBQ'ing outside on my back porch)

Scotch / Bourbon tastings

Craft Beer Tastings

Crappy beer for those who aren't interested in higher end stuff

Thinking about raising some money and buying a large, high end cabinet humidor where all the club members can store cigars. This would be similar to how some clubs have lockers... except I'm not going to put up lockers in my home.

Thinking about doing a cigar give-a-way every meeting where one person can win a nicer cigar.

That's really all I can come up with at the moment.
5/14/13 4:51 PM
joesonshuevos
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds awesome. Sounds like you most of the bases covered. I think the most important thing is the people. Avoid the pretentious pricks, make it fun and you should be good. Other ideas: poker games, during sporting events and classic movie viewings.

Also: maybe easy athletic events like Bocci, horseshoes and chess. Stuff that be done while enjoying cigars and beverages.

5/15/13 10:59 AM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the ideas! Great thinking on the easy athletic events. I'll let you all know how the first meeting goes.
5/16/13 12:48 PM
joesonshuevos
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please do and you're welcome.O and 1 more thing, we do a raffle. Everybody brings a couple cigars and gets a ticket, winner get em all.

5/16/13 1:22 PM
LeftBench

I was thinking of buying 1 or 2, but having everyone bring a cigar or two is an awesome idea. Thanks!
5/18/13 6:36 PM
LeftBench

The first meeting was a success! We had 7 people total, and already we have more people looking to join.
5/24/13 2:21 PM
joesonshuevos

Awesome! Im sure it will be a huge success.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.