UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pat Healy fails UFC 159 drug test (pot)

5/14/13 8:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAOutsider
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just issued a statement apologizing. Phone Post
5/14/13 9:00 PM
ku3mm3t
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn.
5/14/13 9:02 PM
allforroy
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, but what a fuckin stupid move. Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 9:02 PM
MMAOutsider
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, it's fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller. I was fully aware of the UFC and State Commissions drug policies and made poor life choices. I stand behind the UFC and the State Commission's disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete.  First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and State Commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.” Phone Post
5/14/13 9:04 PM
Card
1908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/14/13 9:04 PM

Sause?

5/14/13 9:04 PM
epwar
648 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

allforroy - Sorry, but what a fuckin stupid move. Phone Post 3.0

Yup.

If you are testing positive for pot at this point in the UFC, you're an idiot.  "YES!!!  I've made it to the biggest stage one can possibly obtain in the world of MMA.  Let me risk it all by getting high."

5/14/13 9:05 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, at least he's owning up.  But still, fuck man, as a life long pot smoker, you can lay off for a fucking month now and then.

5/14/13 9:07 PM
MMAOutsider

Card -

Sause?

Email statement from his management team Phone Post
5/14/13 9:13 PM
I'mDownWithBrown
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the amount he works out and hydrates, how close to the fight would he have to have smoked to test positive?
5/14/13 9:15 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In other news Pat Healy has signed with WAR Mixed Martial Arts.

5/14/13 9:15 PM
cfv
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOW, that's really unfortunate and dumb, was real glad he beat miller.
5/14/13 9:18 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn Pat been hanging with BJ too much Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 9:18 PM
ShanTheMan
653 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Helluva fight for a stoner.....jk he will hopefully not be punished too much after that performance.
5/14/13 9:19 PM
Brock Lobster
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least he admitted it was social and not some crutch Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 9:20 PM
slamming
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immediate drug rehab is required before his dependancy on this drug causes a downward spiral which would likely end in him committing heinous crimes of an unspeakable nature.
5/14/13 9:22 PM
UGCTT_granite007
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol! oh no!! pot!

5/14/13 9:23 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh my god, he won two post fight bonus that he won't get now, because of this. 120k + his win bonus lost over smoking some weed. I could shed a tear. Phone Post
5/14/13 9:23 PM
MartialArtsMixed
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

Yup.

If you are testing positive for pot at this point in the UFC, you're an idiot.  "YES!!!  I've made it to the biggest stage one can possibly obtain in the world of MMA.  Let me risk it all by getting high."

THese elite level fighters aren't smoking to get high you fool, they smoke because it helps them with their training.
5/14/13 9:24 PM
FixedPartialArts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always been of the opinion that it's hard to see how weed is a performance enhancer, given my own experiences with it, but the fighters who test positive seem to have done well from my recollection. There was Matt Riddle after a couple wins, Diaz after Gomi, Healy after Miller, etc. I'd be interested in a stat of fighter's win/loss record in the previous fights to where they tested positive for weed. We're getting to the point where it'd be a big enough sample to maybe draw some conclusion from about whether it is or isn't actually a performance enhancer.
5/14/13 9:26 PM
DoomFarmer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill never understand why testing positive for pot makes one fuck of a difference regarding the outcome of the fight.

Address this stupid fucking rule, please. Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 9:27 PM
allforroy
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MartialArtsMixed -
epwar - 

Yup.

THese elite level fighters aren't smoking to get high you fool, they smoke because it helps them with their training.
Not sure if high. Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 9:28 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Oh my god, he won two post fight bonus that he won't get now, because of this. 120k + his win bonus lost over smoking some weed. I could shed a tear. Phone Post
That really sucks :( Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 9:29 PM
BrattMamley
1007 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck. :( Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 9:32 PM
Das_410
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Oh my god, he won two post fight bonus that he won't get now, because of this. 120k + his win bonus lost over smoking some weed. I could shed a tear. Phone Post
That really sucks :( Phone Post 3.0

Most expensive bud he's smoked..lol

5/14/13 9:33 PM
cfv
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/14/13 9:34 PM
is there a link or something? can no find.

*edit*
nevermind a refresh on a site and it's up

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.