UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> You can't kill the Rooster!!!!

5/21/13 10:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meow: Mark 13:32

"But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

If Jesus is God the Father. Then why didn't he know? Why didn't he say? If he did know then that would make Jesus a liar, then everything would be in vein!

me: MEOW, you just confused and contradicted your own beliefs. How can Jesus be CO EQUAL TO GOD THE FATHER and be God if there are things He doesn't know that only God the Father knows?

OR...

Is it possible there is another interpretation that resolves this conundrum and maintains the strict monotheism of the bible.

Why yes of course. The "son" is a title that represents God in flesh WITH SELF IMPOSED LIMITATIONS that were cast off when He was glorfied!

you: If he is, then is it safe to teach that the Father died for our sins?

me: no. Father is a title that refers to God as Sovereign Spirit in creation and in fatherhood.

Jesus died for our sins which was the Father tabernacling in flesh. It was the humanity that died. God is God. He cannot die.

you: Father, Son, Holy Spirit is littered throughout the NT

me: So? So are innumerable and eternal other titles of God but they do not dilute the godhead! in Jesus was ALL THE FULLNESS.
5/21/13 10:21 PM
the rooster

Luke 9:34-36

As he was saying these things, a cloud came and overshadowed them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud.

And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is my Son, my Chosen One; listen to him!"

And when the voice had spoken, Jesus was found alone. And they kept silent and told no one in those days anything of what they had seen.

ME: Yes, "this is my beloved (FLESH)...

The Son was God in flesh. God was pleased with the incarnation.

But Jesus was in heaven while He was on earth. His Spirit was omnisicient.

John 3:13

Jesus tells Nicodemus:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man WHICH IS IN HEAVEN."

*IN* Presently! Jesus was in Heaven even as He was talking to Nicodemus? How? As the sovereign, omnipotent, omnisicient Spirit of God Almighty.

That's why Isaiah (9:6) Calls Him both Father and Son!

ME:
5/22/13 12:59 AM
MEOWticket
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4 days later...

:) Phone Post
5/22/13 4:11 PM
MEOWticket
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since the ball is still rolling...

Acts 7:55-56

But he (Stephen), full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. And he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

I'm STILL confused. Phone Post
5/23/13 7:59 AM
the rooster

Meow, I would be to, if I claimed to believe in One God and a trinity of personalities of beings. Your quote in acts 7 would be a better representation if you were trying to prove tritheism to me. You presume that Stephen saw two beings and they both were physical.

"the right hand of God" is a Jewish idiom for authority, power, execution of will, etc. Kings sealed letters with a ring pushed into wax with their right hand. We use the term to describe a 'right hand man' or one who acts in our place or with knowledge and intimacy of with us.

Stephen didn't see two beings because God is a Spirit and no man has seen Him (in Spirit).

He saw Jesus glorified with all the authority, might, power etc of God Himself.

That is why Jesus said after the resurrection in Matthew 28, "ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY HAVE BEEN GIVEN UNTO ME..."

All power. There is no other higher power and authority.

Stephen saw Jesus, not as in His self imposed limitations as a man, but glorified, like Isaiah saw Him, King of Kings!

Praise the One and Only True God...Jesus!
5/23/13 8:12 AM
MEOWticket

the rooster - Meow, I would be to, if I claimed to believe in One God and a trinity of personalities of beings. Your quote in acts 7 would be a better representation if you were trying to prove tritheism to me. You presume that Stephen saw two beings and they both were physical.

"the right hand of God" is a Jewish idiom for authority, power, execution of will, etc. Kings sealed letters with a ring pushed into wax with their right hand. We use the term to describe a 'right hand man' or one who acts in our place or with knowledge and intimacy of with us.

Stephen didn't see two beings because God is a Spirit and no man has seen Him (in Spirit).

He saw Jesus glorified with all the authority, might, power etc of God Himself.

That is why Jesus said after the resurrection in Matthew 28, "ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY HAVE BEEN GIVEN UNTO ME..."

All power. There is no other higher power and authority.

Stephen saw Jesus, not as in His self imposed limitations as a man, but glorified, like Isaiah saw Him, King of Kings!

Praise the One and Only True God...Jesus!
But he was full of the Holy Spirit. Phone Post
5/25/13 12:14 AM
the rooster

Yes. Spirit. singular. the same Spirit in Heaven, in Christ, in outerspace, in the sea, etc.

In believers as well, but uniquely in Christ, the bible says, ...WITHOUT MEASURE.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.