UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC approaches Roy Nelson about fight with JDS

5/14/13 10:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HighFreq
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel Helwani ?@arielhelwani 2m
As reported on @ufctonight, if Hunt can't fight JDS at UFC 160, UFC has approached Roy Nelson about stepping in. ...
5/14/13 10:22 PM
sodagoespop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why the fk wouldnt Hunt be able to fight?
5/14/13 10:22 PM
John M
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oooooo, though it wouldn't surprise me if it looked a lot like the first fight. I will say I think Nelson is far better now than he was when he first fought JDS. All he needs his one overhand right....
5/14/13 10:23 PM
John M
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sodagoespop - why the fk wouldnt Hunt be able to fight?

Visa issues. He's having trouble getting into the US.
5/14/13 10:25 PM
dbeedy
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a tough spot for Roy. Huge opportunity but he's gotta be thinking about what happened last time they fought. Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 10:26 PM
TuLegit

Makes sense. Lives in Vegas. Rematch would be exciting. Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 10:30 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
The joys of Promoting......
5/14/13 10:34 PM
cfv
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh man jds put a beating on roy last time, i'm not sure he can land his overhand right on jds.
5/14/13 10:36 PM
MEOWticket
454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Roy have pneumonia last time he fought jds? Or was it someone else? Phone Post
5/14/13 10:38 PM
TheVileOne
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MEOWticket -  Didn't Roy have pneumonia last time he fought jds? Or was it someone else? Phone Post

That was for his fight with Frank Mir.
5/14/13 10:39 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zzzzzzzzz Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 10:40 PM
slamming

Is he even training? Surely he must have been ready for a chance like this. Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 10:50 PM
Chris27

DoomFarmer - Zzzzzzzzz Phone Post 3.0

Better solution?

Take the fight off the card I guess.

WOuld rather JDS/Nelson than no JDS fight.
5/14/13 10:53 PM
John M

If they have to, take fight off card and schedule JDS Overeem for 164??
5/14/13 10:55 PM
creepymcfinger

I think Roy would take it this time, especially if junior is timid from the beating he took last fight Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 10:56 PM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow imagine a co-main and main going exactly the same as the first time. No thanks... Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 10:59 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -
DoomFarmer - Zzzzzzzzz Phone Post 3.0

Better solution?

Take the fight off the card I guess.

WOuld rather JDS/Nelson than no JDS fight.
Honestly I'd rather him not fight at all.

Another loss to JDS kills Roy's current momentum, and I see no reason to believe this fight would go differently a 2nd time, though it was long ago.

Zuffa needs to get Hunt's ass on that plane to make this a card worth buying because JDS/Hunt was the only real thing that made this card intriguing besides the Glover/TeHuna fight. Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 11:02 PM
trobinson21
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -
maq102192 - Good, Nelson deserves it just as much as Hunt. Phone Post 3.0
LOL

Why is that? Because Roy's only on a three-fight win streak compared to Hunt's four? Or because Roy's already had his shit pushed in by Junior Phone Post
Did you see who Cain is fighting next? He almost killed Bigfoot once. Roy has a nice streak going, if he steps in and beats JDS he damn sure better get the ne,t shot. Phone Post
5/14/13 11:03 PM
diaz 125

ufc 160...the night of mismatch rematches.

why the fuck would they ever make that fight? makes no sense what so ever. jds beat the shit out of him. i understand its a last minute thing but still.

same thing with the jones vs machida talk..who wants to see that shit again?

making a rematch of a fight that wasnt close the first time is an insult to fans who saw the first fight. its boring
5/14/13 11:10 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zero interest in the fight but that's a tough spot to find a replacement on such short notice.
5/14/13 11:15 PM
Chris27

diaz 125 - ufc 160...the night of mismatch rematches.

why the fuck would they ever make that fight? makes no sense what so ever. jds beat the shit out of him. i understand its a last minute thing but still.

making a rematch of a fight that wasnt close the first time is an insult to fans who saw the first fight. its boring

You understand its a weeks notice but still what?

Thats the answer, how many guys who arent booked are gonna travel and take a JDS fight on a weeks notice?

Frankly I think the UFC is lucky to get as good a replacement as Nelson.

It may not be the fight everyone wants to see but its better than no JDS or JDS vs Ben Rothwell or some journeyman HW.
5/14/13 11:17 PM
diaz 125

Edited: 05/14/13 11:18 PM
<blockquote>Chris27 - <blockquote>diaz 125 - ufc 160...the night of mismatch rematches.<br /><br />why the fuck would they ever make that fight? makes no sense what so ever. jds beat the shit out of him. i understand its a last minute thing but still.<br /><br />same thing with the jones vs machida talk..who wants to see that shit again? <br /><br />making a rematch of a fight that wasnt close the first time is an insult to fans who saw the first fight. its boring</blockquote><br />You understand its a weeks notice but still what?<br /><br />Thats the answer, how many guys who arent booked are gonna travel and take a JDS fight on a weeks notice?<br /><br />Frankly I think the UFC is lucky to get as good a replacement as Nelson.<br /><br />It may not be the fight everyone wants to see but its better than no JDS or JDS vs Ben Rothwell or some journeyman HW.</blockquote><br />

i mean its still a bullshit fight even with the weeks notice. id rather see jds ko a bum than see him fight nelson again
5/14/13 11:21 PM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -
diaz 125 - ufc 160...the night of mismatch rematches.

You understand its a weeks notice but still what?

Thats the answer, how many guys who arent booked are gonna travel and take a JDS fight on a weeks notice?

Frankly I think the UFC is lucky to get as good a replacement as Nelson.

It may not be the fight everyone wants to see but its better than no JDS or JDS vs Ben Rothwell or some journeyman HW.
This. VTFU. Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 11:24 PM
DoomFarmer

OR you just sit JDS out and eat the shitty buyrates and schedule JDS/Hunt at the next earliest possible date instead of wasting JDS for another however many months on a pointless fight. Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 11:33 PM
Larry Appleton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barnett Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.