UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> List of Rickson's record (400-1)

5/15/13 8:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pheonix5
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://kakutogaijinforum.yuku.com/topic/1353#.T6h
5/15/13 8:56 AM
mrgoodarmbar
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweet!
5/15/13 9:41 AM
Randy Bloom
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy Bloom / ACG, Surf freak
Defeated Bennie Bloom (12/12) by tap out (1:37)
Defeated Bennie Bloom (12/17) by choke (0:33)

At one time they did have me down as Handy Bloom

See they put me down as Bennie now :-)

I did roll a few different times with him at the Laguna Niguel club.

Good old days
5/16/13 6:17 PM
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrisonMattressPuncher -

Rickson counted "club rolling" as victories. Obvously this list was used to hype him up, but I am calling bullshit on it as one of the first enteries, states:

"Drawwith Marcos Ruas" As far as I know, Rickson never even met Ruas let alone have a match with him.

You seem to be suggesting Rickson made this list himself? Seems far fetched. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 6:28 PM
GrahamJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahaha!

Dafuq is this shit?

...to use the parlance of our time.
5/16/13 7:53 PM
Renzo's Elbow
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you mean, "club rolling". That these opponents/matches were during class times?
5/19/13 4:31 AM
shen
1062 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/21/13 2:05 AM
You guys should be more respectful. Fact is, people calculate records differently...

I, for instance, happen to count people who tap during technique practice.

I'm not gonna brag, but FWIW, my record is pretty freakin' insane.
5/19/13 10:58 AM
Breeze05

There's so much cloudiness with the Gracies that it's ridiculous. Helio destroying Carlos videos then taking credit for BJJ's innovations to Ricksons bullshit record. Phone Post
5/19/13 1:49 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at keeping track of record when rolling against people. Another lol at timing it to know the exact time.
5/19/13 4:07 PM
7 Dust

Is it wrong to not give a shit about Rickson or his invisible Jiu Jitsu?
5/19/13 5:10 PM
Horus2001
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7 Dust - Is it wrong to not give a shit about Rickson or his invisible Jiu Jitsu?
If you do, it will just count as another win on rickson's mythical record. Phone Post
5/19/13 5:20 PM
7 Dust

401-1 by default.
5/19/13 5:52 PM
mjm345
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breeze05 - There's so much cloudiness with the Gracies that it's ridiculous. Helio destroying Carlos videos then taking credit for BJJ's innovations to Ricksons bullshit record. Phone Post
Wait what? Never heard anything about Helio destroying videos do you have a link to source?? That's crazy Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 11:18 PM
checkuroil
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7 Dust - Is it wrong to not give a shit about Rickson or his invisible Jiu Jitsu?
I am with u Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 12:53 PM
The Wizzle
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - 
I am with u Phone Post 3.0

And his vengeance shall fall from the heavens in a rain of fire, brimstone, hail and fury.......................................
5/30/13 8:25 PM
bhealthy

^^^^^^^ yeah, but its the best marketing gimmick eva!! if you ever go to the usa they got thousands of people wearin those pajamas
5/31/13 8:56 AM
JSho
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought that list was just a joke put together by someone not linked to Rickson? Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 9:42 AM
bjh13
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rickson didn't put that list together, and the 400 victories thing was something pushed by the Japanese promoters for MMA because they were trying to hype him up. Someone asked Rickson how many fights he had won, he said probably 400, they ran with it. They did the same thing with their fighters, including their pro wrestling matches as victories as well. You have to remember, MMA back in the mid 1990s was a very different animal than it is now. While today many MMA fans hate the idea of being associated with pro wrestling, back then MMA and pro wrestling were intricately linked and fighters were hyped like face or heel wrestlers to get the crowd into it when no one had official records.
5/31/13 1:54 PM
matthias
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The 1 is a chiropractor here in Oklahoma, Ron Tripp. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 3:29 PM
graciesrule
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to know Rickson real comp record. Besides Sambo I guarented he lost in wrestling at the Pan ams as well. He should be able to at least give an accurate Bjj comp record, there wasn't that many high level guys to compete against in the 1980's.
5/31/13 7:58 PM
bjh13

graciesrule - I want to know Rickson real comp record. Besides Sambo I guarented he lost in wrestling at the Pan ams as well. He should be able to at least give an accurate Bjj comp record, there wasn't that many high level guys to compete against in the 1980's.

I'm pretty certain his BJJ record in Brazil was undefeated. If anyone had ever beaten him you could be sure that person would have made sure every single person in the jiu-jitsu world knew about it and would have everyone training with them. I think the closest anyone ever came was Sergio Penha. Open Mat Radio guys could probably give more information.
5/31/13 8:05 PM
graciesrule

Edited: 05/31/13 8:05 PM
^ undefeated as a black belt, he has talked about losing as a 15 year old green belt in competition. He did lose to Carlos Antonio Rosando(Carlson <br />'S only red belt)as a black belt but this was a dojo rolling match, not a tourney.
5/31/13 9:11 PM
bjh13

graciesrule - ^ undefeated as a black belt, he has talked about losing as a 15 year old green belt in competition. He did lose to Carlos Antonio Rosando(Carlson <br />'S only red belt)as a black belt but this was a dojo rolling match, not a tourney.

Right. I thought you were specifically asking about adult competition record, maybe I should have been more specific. Sadly, I don't think there is anything in the way of records from back then to say just how many matches he had. Maybe Hywel Teague can provide some help here.
6/1/13 12:04 AM
scj760

What about the rolling session between him and Rolls on the Gracie Documentary?
6/1/13 3:18 PM
graciesrule

^ Rickson was 21 and Rolls 28. I think Rickson did excellent considering.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.