UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Interested in SEO?

5/15/13 10:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Alex Bruner
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/17/13 7:44 PM

Here is a quick guide for some tools for beginners:

http://435digital.com/blog/2013/05/15/seo-tools-for-beginners/

5/15/13 2:05 PM
2nolatch4
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the info! Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 2:24 PM
Roman Monstrum
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
5/15/13 2:31 PM
TheKidAintMine
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't read the article, but I thought Google and Bing had revised their search methodologies so that most SEO strategies no longer work. I would think the best way to optimize search would be to just put out excellent meaningful content.

Apologies if that is what's covered in the link.
5/15/13 2:39 PM
Roman Monstrum

TheKidAintMine - Didn't read the article, but I thought Google and Bing had revised their search methodologies so that most SEO strategies no longer work. I would think the best way to optimize search would be to just put out excellent meaningful content.

content is the most important thing in seo and has been, well, always.

The issue is portraying that content properly for the searche engines eg not using flash, using excessive images when copy can be used, and networking with other like themed sites to develop backlinks to your sites, backlinks being the second most important indicator to search engines.

My daily work consists of lots of adding meta titles that are keyword rich, and adding copy to pages that had primarily been image rich without say, alt text to be a keyword inidcator.

It works amazingly well.
My last in house job we increased revenues by 300% in about 18 months. Phone Post
5/15/13 2:41 PM
Roman Monstrum

TheKidAintMine - Didn't read the article, but I thought Google and Bing had revised their search methodologies so that most SEO strategies no longer work. I would think the best way to optimize search would be to just put out excellent meaningful content.

They HAVE cut back on much of the Black Hat stuff, which is what you are likely thinking of.

shady stuff is becoming increasingly less beneficial, which is what makes my firm money when companies that were using spammy tactics get hit by Google updates we set them on a more sustainable path. Phone Post
5/15/13 2:42 PM
soreshins
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 2:44 PM
Roman Monstrum

This post just covers stuff you can use to get a grasp of the works to be carried out to optimize your content, to structure it within the best practices for Google and Bing. Phone Post
5/15/13 2:44 PM
Hywel Teague
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
Sub a dub dub Phone Post
5/15/13 2:51 PM
Gendai Budo
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roman Monstrum -

content is the most important thing in seo and has been, well, always.

The issue is portraying that content properly for the searche engines eg not using flash, using excessive images when copy can be used, and networking with other like themed sites to develop backlinks to your sites, backlinks being the second most important indicator to search engines.

My daily work consists of lots of adding meta titles that are keyword rich, and adding copy to pages that had primarily been image rich without say, alt text to be a keyword inidcator.

It works amazingly well.
My last in house job we increased revenues by 300% in about 18 months. Phone Post
Boom! SEO summed up in three paragraphs. Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 2:53 PM
Gendai Budo
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roman Monstrum -

They HAVE cut back on much of the Black Hat stuff, which is what you are likely thinking of.

shady stuff is becoming increasingly less beneficial, which is what makes my firm money when companies that were using spammy tactics get hit by Google updates we set them on a more sustainable path. Phone Post
Although I agree, there are still many dishonorable (and probably illegal) tactics available. Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 2:55 PM
Roman Monstrum

Gendai Budo -
Roman Monstrum -

Although I agree, there are still many dishonorable (and probably illegal) tactics available. Phone Post 3.0
Lool there are tons, but my current agency doesnt do any cause we are lucky to get clients that have usually been burned on updates, and are typically only interested in the slow steady game. Phone Post
5/15/13 2:56 PM
Roman Monstrum

Ill do some summaries of the old school black hat stuff and some of the current in a future post. Phone Post
5/15/13 2:56 PM
Isaac298
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys! Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 5:26 PM
Hywel Teague
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
Roman Monstrum - Ill do some summaries of the old school black hat stuff and some of the current in a future post. Phone Post
Yes please Phone Post
5/15/13 5:46 PM
Nitecrawler
2019 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Really fuckface???!???? ;-) Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 5:53 PM
armbarring
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in in in...
5/15/13 6:10 PM
Garv
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban April 1st, Please!

SEO is still one of the biggest ripoff opportunities on the net.  If you use wordpress or joomla or any standard platform, the SEO is built in.  But SEO companies send emails trying to get you to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on it.  What a scam.

5/15/13 6:21 PM
Roman Monstrum

Garv -

SEO is still one of the biggest ripoff opportunities on the net.  If you use wordpress or joomla or any standard platform, the SEO is built in.  But SEO companies send emails trying to get you to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on it.  What a scam.

sure, there are scammers in every industry.

there are also seo teams at every major brand in the world.

because it works.

and the wp-seo stuff that is built in is usually plugins made by Yoast, a popular seo.

I spend hundreds of hours a month configuring these properly for people.

I feel like you may have had some bad experiences either first hand or through the grapevine, I assure you, the principals of white hat seo make people a lot of money.

call it what you want, best practice web design, seo, digital marketing, its all in the same forum and it works. Phone Post
5/15/13 6:25 PM
Roman Monstrum

also there is literally nothing I do on a daily basis that cant be done by someone else, be it a webmaster of a small blog etc, small business owner whatever.

The reason I get paid for it is because its boring as all hell for most people to spend the time to learn it themselves. Phone Post
5/15/13 6:25 PM
Roman Monstrum

Hywel Teague -
Roman Monstrum - Ill do some summaries of the old school black hat stuff and some of the current in a future post. Phone Post
Yes please Phone Post
hahahahah Phone Post
5/15/13 6:27 PM
Garv
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban April 1st, Please!

Fair points.  I am talking about people with their own personal sites, like me, who get emails from SEO experts who promise the world.  But out of the box SEO isn't really too bad.  Definitely not worth the crazy prices they want to charge.

5/15/13 6:32 PM
FaceToFace
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is relevant to my interests...

5/15/13 6:33 PM
Roman Monstrum

BLACK HAT WARNING

Here is a tactic that the bad guys used to use for local based results.

Say I wanted higher google rankings for the term "chicago MMA gym".

One of the major indicators to google was where the locations "pin" was on Google Maps in regards to what they deemed the "center" of the city.

You could just spend a few days moving your google places pin until you figured out the location and boom, higher ranking.

was silly, people would be miles from where their pin would show on google maps, but they would take the calls and just tell the customer where there address was.

simple yet pretty effective. Phone Post
5/15/13 6:36 PM
Roman Monstrum

Garv -

Fair points.  I am talking about people with their own personal sites, like me, who get emails from SEO experts who promise the world.  But out of the box SEO isn't really too bad.  Definitely not worth the crazy prices they want to charge.

Yeah those are hilarious. I get them and then I ask them what they do, they not realizing our agency is a giant seo agency.

After the pitch I tell them what they are doing wrong and send them an invoice.

fuck those guys. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.