UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: Nog bros convinced me not to retire

5/15/13 12:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Karyn Bryant: Let's talk about your friends, the Nogueiras. Why do they mean so much to you?

Anderson Silva: The Nogueira brothers are part of my family. I love these buys because me stay together with my dream, because one day I talked to Rogerio and Rodrigo and say I no more fight bro.

Karyn Bryant: Was that after Pride and you thought maybe I'll just stop and the Nogueira's convinced you to keep going then?

Anderson Silva: Ya, the time Rogerio and Rodrigo talk to me, I no have nothing. My dream was lost, Rodrigo talked to me and said 'hey come to my house, I will help you. Don't worry. Come to hear, we will train together.' I finished my contract with Pride. The guys tell me not to fight in Pride anymore. I said 'what? I fight in Pride, I'm good in Pride. I had no problem with Pride, but Rodrigo help me for better fights. I love Rodrigo. I love  Rogerio. This is my family.

5/15/13 12:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The world thanks the Nog Brothers for this.

Also, what a difference between a professional like Bryant and that ubiquitous instigator/gossip "journalist".
5/15/13 12:58 PM
Diazed And Confused
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just because he speaks in broken English, doesn't mean you write it in broken English.

"Come to hear" Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 1:05 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSauce - The world thanks the Nog Brothers for this.

Also, what a difference between a professional like Bryant and that ubiquitous instigator/gossip "journalist".
Are you saying Ariel should flirt with every fighter to be more professional? Phone Post
5/15/13 1:06 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God bless you Nogueira Brothers. You got his mind right and helped him put on the greatest show ever seen in mma Phone Post
5/15/13 1:07 PM
Wovito

Diazed And Confused - Just because he speaks in broken English, doesn't mean you write it in broken English.

Actually, that's exactly what it means when you put quotations around the passage, dork.
5/15/13 1:08 PM
BlueDream
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
GarlicSauce - The world thanks the Nog Brothers for this.

Are you saying Ariel should flirt with every fighter to be more professional? Phone Post

Yes if only he had an affair w/ Frank Shamrock. Maybe he could let his wife film him hitting on some Female fighters.
5/15/13 1:09 PM
Ryan Black
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Karyn Bryant is very good at what she does. I seem to appreciate her interviews more and more.

Anderson Silva is quite the interesting dude. Seems like he'd be fun to hang out with, honestly. I believe he only lets one aspect of his personality shine through, though... I'm sure under the smiling, joking around, "I'm black Dana!" Anderson- there is a very deep person.

I think maybe that's what Vitor was alluding to when he made the infamous "I believe he wears a mask" comments. Sometimes Vitor tries to explain deep things and details are lost in translation. Anderson strikes me as the type who would have a 'switch' that he can flip on & off for interviews and in private. I'm sure he's very different in training than he is in a lighthearted interview. His documentary 'Like Water' seems to show just that, in my opinion.

I'm glad he did this sitdown with Karen, and I can't wait to see him fight again. Phone Post
5/15/13 1:12 PM
Diazed And Confused
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wovito -
Diazed And Confused - Just because he speaks in broken English, doesn't mean you write it in broken English.

Actually, that's exactly what it means when you put quotations around the passage, dork.
There is no need to call me a whale penis. Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 2:11 PM
MagSlim

She is a terrible jounralist and this is a tripe.

This has been asked and answered many times. She had no follow up and was just trolling out a question she knew he would bite on with a canned answer and hoped to get some new piece of info about their relationship.

Instead Anderson says the same tripe, she doesn't know any more info about their relationship to ask any further? So she gets nervous and goes on to the next retarded retread of a question.

This is not journalism. I have no idea why UFC allows her to work for Fuel interviewing its fighters. Yank her credential already.
5/15/13 2:50 PM
rnunz
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/15/13 2:59 PM
MikeA1129

I'd like to see the back story of other successful people. It's interesting to see how close they came to never becoming famous.
Also the child who wrote the dialog should be fired.
5/15/13 3:08 PM
Yoghurt

rnunz - 

I'm dying over here lol
5/15/13 3:31 PM
halfninja
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MikeA1129 - I'd like to see the back story of other successful people. It's interesting to see how close they came to never becoming famous.

Read "The Tipping Point" by whatever the hell homeboy's name is.

EDIT: Malcolm Gladwell
5/15/13 6:51 PM
Yoghurt

I just hope the Cole Konrad pearl gets some love and doesn't go unnoticed
5/15/13 7:29 PM
KZTT_W85
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - God bless you Nogueira Brothers. You got his mind right and helped him put on the greatest show ever seen in mma Phone Post
^ Phone Post
5/15/13 8:27 PM
Knippz

That special sucked. There was absolutely nothing on it I haven't already seen Anderson asked before. I knew every answer before it came.

And the Nog bros story is soooo 2006/7.
5/15/13 10:09 PM
Ryan Black
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yoghurt - I just hope the Cole Konrad pearl gets some love and doesn't go unnoticed
That got a legit LOL from me. Oh, Jimmy Rustler... The Grand Rustler Of Jimmies... where are you when we need you?? Phone Post
5/16/13 10:10 AM
zazen br

halfninja - 
MikeA1129 - I'd like to see the back story of other successful people. It's interesting to see how close they came to never becoming famous.

Read "The Tipping Point" by whatever the hell homeboy's name is.

EDIT: Malcolm Gladwell

Go ahead and just read anything written by Malcolm Gladwell.

And while "Tipping Point" is a great book, "Outliers" is certainly even more related to what the guy is looking for.

Oh and don't forget "Blink", also a kick-ass mind-opening read that delves into both psychology and human cognition. :)
5/16/13 10:32 AM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a privilege to watch Silva fight, it will be a sad day when he loses a couple more steps and becomes mortal again. The AS that fought Griffen wouldn't lose to anyone, ever Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.