UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana Tweets About Ridiculous Marijuana Penalty

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
5/15/13 1:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
2JupitersTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to argue with that, taking over $100,000.00 from a man (an amount that could change his entire life) over a postiive marijuana test seems criminal.  Dana is right about these assholes.  Lock the NSAC up and throw away the key, the animals. 

5/15/13 1:25 PM
Humphrey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/15/13 1:31 PM
how does that compare with the 130,000 fine the UFC gave healy compared to his total pay? because I'd be willing to bet that the 1/3 of his total pay was less than the percentage they just took from healy

EDIT: actually, it's FAR more.

healy made 17,500 to show, $5,000. he made 135k in bonuses they just took back

chaves still took home 2 m.

How's that hypocritical thrown treating you dana? the fine you just assessed to healy was MUCH higher. Chavez lost 30% of his pay. Healy lost around what 80% per and that doesn't include the commission fines
5/15/13 1:29 PM
ep915

Yet he decided to withhold healy's bonuses for weed?? I mean those were ufcs bonuses not regulated by the athletic commissions so it was his personal decision to withhold all that money from healy
5/15/13 1:30 PM
asn
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

difference is Dana didn't take away any of Healy's pay. He took back a discretionary bonus that is not included in his contract.
5/15/13 1:30 PM
Rantuckjr
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guess we all don't know the difference between a fine and a bonus yet do we?
5/15/13 1:32 PM
Humphrey

lol the nut huggers are hilarious. it's so hypocritical it's gross
5/15/13 1:33 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh I'm sorry, I hadn't read about Healy until just now.  That's a bummer for him, but the situations are different because Healy is accustomed to being poor and the loss of over $100,000.00 will only send him back to the modest living he was accustomed to. 

JCC Jr. on the other hand had become accustomed to a certain standard of living, and the hundreds of thousands of dollars he still had laying around were probably not enough to comfort him from the devastating loss of some more piles of money, so you can see why Dana would be offended there.

5/15/13 1:34 PM
IGOTBELCHED

Edited: 05/15/13 3:03 PM
He says that then takes a 135k off him as well, this fucking guy.
5/15/13 1:38 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Rantuckjr - Guess we all don't know the difference between a fine and a bonus yet do we?

That's a good point bro, the NSAC was punishing a fighter as a regulatory body, which I guess they are appointed to do, and sure, this bonus was discretionary so I suppose Dana was under no obligation to withold it.  I mean the whole point of these bonuses is to get the fighters to be entertaining, which I guess Healy was the best at doing that night.  Hold up, let me think this through some more.

5/15/13 1:40 PM
KeithKizer

Nevada SAC, Executive Director
Humphrey - how does that compare with the 130,000 fine the UFC gave healy compared to his total pay? because I'd be willing to bet that the 1/3 of his total pay was less than the percentage they just took from healy

How's that hypocritical thrown treating you dana? the fine you just assessed to healy was MUCH higher. Chavez lost 30% of his pay. Healy lost around what 80% per and that doesn't include the commission fines

Great points

5/15/13 1:43 PM
2JupitersTooMany

5/15/13 1:45 PM
LayzieTheSavage
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Videographer
KeithKizer - 
Humphrey - how does that compare with the 130,000 fine the UFC gave healy compared to his total pay? because I'd be willing to bet that the 1/3 of his total pay was less than the percentage they just took from healy

Great points

TTT

5/15/13 1:53 PM
2JupitersTooMany

I guess the argument could be made that the UFC should let the Commission worry about taking money from fighters, and that Healy earned his bonuses by fighting aggressively despite the temptation to fight safely these days in order to prolong a career, but there must be a flaw in there somewhere because Dana is usually right about things.

5/15/13 1:54 PM
chrisbaker

Does dana realize what he's doing here? Phone Post
5/15/13 1:57 PM
2JupitersTooMany

chrisbaker -  Does dana realize what he's doing here? Phone Post

He's certainly not going to listen to a guy with great grandparents who were baked at Ellis Island.

5/15/13 2:05 PM
2JupitersTooMany

big_roy_fan - lol @ all the potheads who have had their jimmies rustled

I agree Dana seemed a little upset there but even though he was defending that drug user Chaves Jr. there is still a small chance that Dana isn't a pothead.

5/15/13 2:06 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread....

...will be great. Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 2:07 PM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
its so ridiculous that marijuana is even an issue in this day and age. Its just crazy.
5/15/13 2:09 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Edited: 05/15/13 2:09 PM

Some concerning posts in this thread.

List of suspicious posters added to pot head watch list:

john joe

chrisbaker

Joshua King

Keith Kizer

5/15/13 2:10 PM
da Vinci 81
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Healy hasn't been fined anything yet, afai know. The only thing he's missing out on is a bonus he was never contractually obligated to receive anyway. Chavez actually has to pay a large fine to the NSAC from the money he's already been paid if he wants to fight in Vegas again.

Now if the athletic commission levies a fine against Healy for a similar percentage of his purse comparable to what chavez received then the situations will be the same. Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 2:13 PM
2JupitersTooMany

da Vinci 81 - Healy hasn't been fined anything yet, afai know. The only thing he's missing out on is a bonus he was never contractually obligated to receive anyway. Chavez actually has to pay a large fine to the NSAC from the money he's already been paid if he wants to fight in Vegas again.

Now if the athletic commission levies a fine against Healy for a similar percentage of his purse comparable to what chavez received then the situations will be the same. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for clearing that up.  So worst case scenariois that he's been chopped down to the normal modest UFC fighter pay, and really the only danger is that the commission will grab maybe 30% of that tiny amount, not 30% of the total that included the bonus he earned by being all exciting, so things aren't as bad as I'd imagined and the sting can't be nearly as bad as that felt by drug user JCC Jr.

5/15/13 2:14 PM
Rantuckjr
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - 
Rantuckjr - Guess we all don't know the difference between a fine and a bonus yet do we?

That's a good point bro, the NSAC was punishing a fighter as a regulatory body, which I guess they are appointed to do, and sure, this bonus was discretionary so I suppose Dana was under no obligation to withold it.  I mean the whole point of these bonuses is to get the fighters to be entertaining, which I guess Healy was the best at doing that night.  Hold up, let me think this through some more.

Nice try. It was a good effort.

Dana, rightfully or not, was making a point that a commission fined a fighter almost a million dollars of his contracted amount. In his contract, so he was planning on having that money. Regardless of the size of his purse, that is still almost a million dollars. Where does that money from fines go? Into the NSAC's coffers. So they directly benefit from fining this guy a percentage of his purse than say a set amount or capping the fine at a certain dollar amount.

The money Dana (the UFC) was going to give Healy was discretionary. He wasnt expecting it. He didn't agree to a contract to receive that amount. He knew it was a possibility he might receive it, but he shouldnt have planned on receiving it. It was not contracted. So when Healy doesnt do his job and screws up by failing a drug test, after the UFC promoted him on a national stage and gave him an opportunity to improve his position in life, he loses the right to expect a bonus that was awarded to those who DO THEIR JOB well. And again, this money doesn't go into their coffers (usually, in this case the FOTN money will) but to another fighter. They are under no obligation to give bonuses and they do not directly benefit from doing so.
5/15/13 2:15 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

well played sir...vu

5/15/13 2:17 PM
colubrid1

Dana is just trying to get us to look the otehr way when he take Healys money.
5/15/13 2:18 PM
da Vinci 81
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany -
da Vinci 81 - Healy hasn't been fined anything yet, afai know. The only thing he's missing out on is a bonus he was never contractually obligated to receive anyway. Chavez actually has to pay a large fine to the NSAC from the money he's already been paid if he wants to fight in Vegas again.

Thanks for clearing that up.  So worst case scenariois that he's been chopped down to the normal modest UFC fighter pay, and really the only danger is that the commission will grab maybe 30% of that tiny amount, not 30% of the total that included the bonus he earned by being all exciting, so things aren't as bad as I'd imagined and the sting can't be nearly as bad as that felt by drug user JCC Jr.

Well, I think Dana's point was how large a fine Chavez received. If he made 2 mil and was fined 900k that's a 45% fine he was handed down. I think most guys in mma are issued around a 20% fine so for it to be that high seems bizarre. Phone Post 3.0
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.