UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: Cain will godown on 1st punch I really land

5/16/13 9:22 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Antonio Silva was defeated by Cain Velasquez in the very first round of his first shot at the UFC heavyweight championship. Velasquez was able to take Silva down quickly and worked his patented ground and and pound until the referee stoppage. Since that fight, Silva has earned two impressives wins in the division, earning himself another title fight. However, this time the Brazilian giant believes it can go differently:

"I think the main thing is in our first fight I was nervous and I was anxious," Silva said. "And I have replaced those emotions now. Now I’m calm and I’m driven. I really want this. Comparing my style of fighting to Cain’s style of fighting, I would have to be born again to become faster than Cain Velasquez. I’ve got 30 pounds on him. He’s going to be faster than me. So I need to work with what I have, and what I have is very, very heavy hands.

"So, I’m going to need to keep my hands healthy and heavy to go in there and I’m sure that the first punch that I really land, he’s going to go down."

read entire article...

5/16/13 9:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EVIL YOSHI
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That punch can't land, because it can't be thrown off your back.

This is different than a fight with an over confident Alistair Overeem. It's all about trying to stand up from a super fast guy dropping bombs and holding you to the ground with fists and elbows. Phone Post
5/16/13 9:34 AM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/16/13 9:41 AM
TheFatalBlow
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -

Not in the house of Cain, Silva. Cain will be champ for a long time. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 9:42 AM
GarlicSauce

He's more driven now and more confident (after the Overeem win). And what's more, he is more experienced with Cain's style.

This will look nothing like the first match. Bigfoot will now be much more dangerous than in the first fight.

I think he'll cause a lot of problems for Cain this time.
5/16/13 9:42 AM
CultureClubsNo1Fan
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Antonio Silva was defeated by Cain Velasquez in the very first round of his first shot at the UFC heavyweight championship."

Wut Phone Post
5/16/13 9:45 AM
EVIL YOSHI

CultureClubsNo1Fan - "Antonio Silva was defeated by Cain Velasquez in the very first round of his first shot at the UFC heavyweight championship."

Wut Phone Post
That's wrong twice. Lol Phone Post
5/16/13 9:47 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Bigfoot

5/16/13 9:49 AM
le

Those 2 wins since he lost to Cain weren't great, not to be an excuse maker but Browne was wobbling on a fucked up knee before Silva KO'd him, and Overeem went into their fight forgetting his juice.

Not that impressive. Cain wins easy again. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 9:51 AM
GSPsShadyHandWraps
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant stop the takedown and doesnt have the bottom game to stop Cain
5/16/13 9:58 AM
DaleSonnen

I really think this fight will last longer then their first meeting. BigFoot has proved alot of people wrong in his last two fights. As someone has already said in this thread, as long as he doesnt throw any kicks it shouldn't end up like the first time. Silva does have a chance, the only thing I really see happening tho is Cain is going to keep the pace nice and fast, I dont think Silva can keep up with that. All Cains gotta do is get in his face and stay there. Once bigfoot gets tired I think Cain will be able to take him down and pretty much do the same thing he did last time, It will probably be in the 2nd or third round, depending on how he starts the fight off. BigFoot does have a fighting chance tho, I just dont think he's going to land with that one big hit like he's talking about. I dont think Cain is unstoppable tho, but I doubt BigFoot is the one to do it
5/16/13 10:01 AM
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/16/13 10:01 AM
MMAViking.com
Fresh Overeem took Bigfoot down with no problemos. Cain will ragdoll him with wrestling
5/16/13 10:04 AM
UGCTT_zackthewop
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a dream about this fight.

Bigfoot ko'd Cain.

Its official.

My dreams are retarded. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 10:06 AM
zebers3
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man how great would it be if Bigfoot actually won. It would make the HW division way more interesting, imo.
5/16/13 10:10 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain will probably stand with Bigfoot for a little this time. I dont see him having many problems with the stand up of bigfoot. the speed difference should be great enough. After that, Cain will utilize the single leg to get that takedown and unleash his ferociously aggressive GnP. even if Bigfoot gets up at that point, he is going back down. It may look a lot like the Cain vs Rothwell fight imo
5/16/13 10:11 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another thing people dont take into account is the fact that Cain does not just win, he dominates every opponent he defeats. he can always be finished (its the HW division after all), but up until that point, there are no HW's that are gonna match his skills and keep his pace.
5/16/13 10:37 AM
BasBang
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_zackthewop - I had a dream about this fight.

Bigfoot ko'd Cain.

Its official.

My dreams are retarded. Phone Post 3.0

Heres' a VU for ya...because dreams can come true!
5/16/13 10:50 AM
Reeko

Mmmmmmkay.... Whatever you say Bigfoot......
5/16/13 11:34 AM
FanToFighter
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's his second title fight huh?
Go home UG, your drunk. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 11:35 AM
FanToFighter
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the UG has been hanging with the OG again. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 11:39 AM
Jacinto
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am just tired of all these rematches. Bigfoot got smoked first go around no reason to believe he won't this time. Surely they could have thrown someone else in there for a shot.
5/16/13 11:48 AM
UGSlapshot

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/653918/ept_sports_mma_experts-308883117-1297575241.jpg Phone Post
5/16/13 12:02 PM
Michael Chase

CultureClubsNo1Fan - "Antonio Silva was defeated by Cain Velasquez in the very first round of his first shot at the UFC heavyweight championship."

Wut Phone Post
Lol this. Came here after reading because I was like WTF?? Phone Post
5/16/13 12:05 PM
Bentleysuper8

Edited: 05/16/13 12:06 PM
I'll dance a jig if Silva wins. And it's interesting that both men fought for Bodog.
5/16/13 12:15 PM
The Last Emperor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reeko - Mmmmmmkay.... Whatever you say Bigfoot......

A lot of people were saying this before the Overeem fight too. Cain is certainly the favorite, but I'm never counting out Bigfoot anymore. I've made that mistake enough already.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.