UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Caraway blasts marijuana usage

5/16/13 12:43 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Earlier this week Brian Caraway learned that he would be $65,000 richer after Pat Healy tested positive for marijuana metabolites in his submission of the night win over Jim Miller. Caraway, who submitted Johnny Bedford on the card as well, was subsequently given the bonus and it was taken away from Healy.

Although Caraway holds no ill-will towards Healy, he also doesn't feel bad about taking his bonus:

"I couldn't be more happy, and it was an insanely pleasant surprise," said Caraway, who told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he got a call from UFC President Dana White late Tuesday night to inform him of the news.

One thing Caraway isn't feeling is guilt over taking the extra money, which he said marked the most lucrative payday of his career. Some MMA observers have offered sharp criticism of the size of Healy's garnishment relative to his crime, but Caraway, who hails from pot-legal Washington state, feels the decision is just.

"All I've got to say is that's some expensive weed," he said. "I like Healy a lot. I came up through the fighting ranks with him. We used to train together at Team Quest. I love the guy. But I have absolutely zero remorse or guilt.

"I hate weed. I cannot stand it. I've never tried it. I've never smoked a drug in my life. So I have absolutely zero tolerance for people that do it. I don't care if it's legal in some places or not. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. Whether it's legal in real life or not, they tell you to follow the rules. You need to follow the rules."

read entire article...

5/16/13 12:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Abrtitans
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you Bryan caraway. He just gained a fan. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 12:46 PM
SonOfThePeepHole
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why even dribble this shit,? Weed got you that 130k caraway.. Phone Post
5/16/13 12:46 PM
Chomas
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he just lost a fan here
5/16/13 12:48 PM
JStrongMMA

Oh...I didn't know Caraway was a douche that bought into this archaic view of cannabis. Phone Post
5/16/13 12:48 PM
vandelay
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YukiNakai'sEye - "I hate weed. I cannot stand it. I've never tried it."

LOL Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post
5/16/13 12:49 PM
Hocky Balboa
7908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's safe to say that Brian Caraway doesn't wanna talk to Samson. Phone Post
5/16/13 12:50 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT

Caraway just coasted himself to the shit list. Phone Post
5/16/13 12:51 PM
ProteinBake
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a bummer.
J_Swift

Don't knock something until you try it.

I can't stand when people say they hate it when they have zero experience with it. Phone Post 3.0
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonOfThePeepHole - Why even dribble this shit,? Weed got you that 130k caraway.. Phone Post
He only got $65K and that he subbed Bedford, otherwise he wouldn't have been eligible for the bonus. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 12:52 PM
Tad Ghostal
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how he feels about steroids?
5/16/13 12:52 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure Healy appreciates that friendly public advice from former training partner, seasoned veteran of life and Renaissance man Bryan Caraway.   A man needs friends who love them enough to have zero tolerance for them.

5/16/13 12:53 PM
LeftLowKick
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/16/13 12:53 PM
i agree with parts of what he said and disagree with others...

i don't smoke and i've never even tried weed... that being said... i think it's pretty stupid that it's illegal...i could give a shit less about what anyone else does if it doesn't affect me... so i disagree with that part...

however, pat healy knew that he was going to be tested and smoked anyways knowing what the possible consequences were... that's the risk he took and for that reason i don't feel bad for him at all
5/16/13 12:53 PM
Brian Rule
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guy come across as both a nerd and a huge asshole. Ironically someone who ought to be prescribed something to relax
5/16/13 12:54 PM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the thread title said "marijuana sausage". I was like "Man... that sounds awesome."
5/16/13 12:54 PM
JROTT
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck him, such a 1940s frame of mind. Live a little. It's just a plant Phone Post
5/16/13 12:55 PM
TuLegit

I always thought caraway was an annoying chach. Now I know for sure. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 12:57 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crush Crawfish - I thought the thread title said "marijuana sausage". I was like "Man... that sounds awesome."
This guy just toked up lol Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 12:58 PM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a douche. Bet he takes shots after his fights. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 12:58 PM
JROTT
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa - I think it's safe to say that Brian Caraway doesn't wanna talk to Samson. Phone Post
"we just need a bit of time.. How long can you last in here?"

"I dunno.. Maybe 5,.. 6:30"

Awesome Phone Post
5/16/13 12:59 PM
Body Shots
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit Caraway doesn't like weed??

WHO GIVES A FUCK!!!!??!!!!

Time for my morning joint!!! Phone Post 3.0
ProteinBake
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not saying that Carraway shouldn't have accepted the money. I'm sure most people would have. But he doesn't need to take the money, then give Healy a lecture on something that he's completely (admittedly) ignorant about.

cward81386
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa -  I think it's safe to say that Brian Caraway doesn't wanna talk to Samson. Phone Post

LOL

never cared for him anyways so I cant say he lost a fan
5/16/13 1:02 PM
cward81386
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinBake - I'm not saying that Carraway shouldn't have accepted the money. I'm sure most people would have. But he doesn't need to take the money, then give Healy a lecture on something that he's completely (admittedly) ignorant about.

kinda weird to call him a friend and take the money also...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.