UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Question for DLR players

5/17/13 2:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AokiPants
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am beginning to be successful with my DLR/RDLR and I'm really enjoying it. However, when I switch to no gi I find it difficult to control my opponent and pull off some of the same moves. What are some tips/techniques for no gi DLR/RDLR that work well for you guys? Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 2:42 AM
Kway
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Use your wrist around the heel, instead of the hand. I think it's illegal in Federation tournaments though.
5/17/13 6:39 AM
Shemhazai
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kway - Use your wrist around the heel, instead of the hand. I think it's illegal in Federation tournaments though.

Wrist on the heel like a heel hook? Or do you mean underhooking the instep with your biceps and clasping your hands?
5/17/13 1:49 PM
nogidavid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

be more prepared to switch between DLR and other guards in nogi. holding only DLR is much more diificult in nogi than gi 

5/17/13 2:50 PM
BEEF & CHEESE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I come up on a single leg a lot when doing DLR no-gi.
5/17/13 4:25 PM
Tsandwich
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How's your single leg?
5/17/13 9:57 PM
mrgoodarmbar
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

more cupping the back of his head and a lot more reverse dlr.

If you put your foot into the inside of his elbow, it's more of a momentary thing where you're really just trying to get his shoulders to turn. TBH..when I do this with the gi, I'm pretty good at maintain the foot on the bicep without a sleeve grip.
5/18/13 9:45 PM
AokiPants

Tsandwich - How's your single leg?
It's not bad, works on most BJJ guys, but then again most BJJ guys have terrible wrestling

But yeah, I watch a lot of Rafa's no gi matches and he uses DLR to create space and then scramble onto a single leg or body lock. And as other people have mentioned, I notice that when people pressure into him he usually just switches to RDLR

I think my problem is that I'm trying to play the same DLR game that I do in gi, when no gi DLR is immensely different Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.