UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva: I don't like to fight Brazilians

5/17/13 11:22 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anderson Silva recently sat down with Karyn Bryant for FUEL TV, who asked him how he feels when he sees the iconic image of his win over Vitor Belfort.

"I don't like to fight Braziiian guys because it is different for me. I fought with Vitor, but I didn't like it, because I trained with Vitor for a long time.

"One day vitor said 'I am going to fight UFC, I am fighting 185.'

The guys said "What???'"

So what do you think UG? The desire to avoid fighting teammates if at all possible is near universal. Is not wanting to fight a countryman, taking it too far or can Anderson Silva feel whatever he damn wants? How would you feel about an American fighter saying he would rather not fight fellow Americans?

5/17/13 11:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrattMamley
1219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing I don't get is how Anderson gets pissed if someone wants to fight at 185 when they've trained together. So anyone he has ever trained with he expects them to never try and go for a MW belt, even if that's their natural weight class? Shogun, machida, Vitor. All these guys are 185ers. Love u Andy but that's just not reasonable. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 11:34 AM
JamesTheWelshDR
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrattMamley - The only thing I don't get is how Anderson gets pissed if someone wants to fight at 185 when they've trained together. So anyone he has ever trained with he expects them to never try and go for a MW belt, even if that's their natural weight class? Shogun, machida, Vitor. All these guys are 185ers. Love u Andy but that's just not reasonable. Phone Post 3.0
This it seems to be mostly anderson I remember an interview with shogun being fine with fighting Anderson Phone Post
5/17/13 11:36 AM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well Americans don't have any sense of loyalty to each other anymore. So yeah. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 11:37 AM
GnP Sonnen

Get past it. You're a fighter. Phone Post
5/17/13 11:37 AM
ortman166

JamesTheWelshDR -
BrattMamley - The only thing I don't get is how Anderson gets pissed if someone wants to fight at 185 when they've trained together. So anyone he has ever trained with he expects them to never try and go for a MW belt, even if that's their natural weight class? Shogun, machida, Vitor. All these guys are 185ers. Love u Andy but that's just not reasonable. Phone Post 3.0
This it seems to be mostly anderson I remember an interview with shogun being fine with fighting Anderson Phone Post
Lol, shogun said he would've thrown the fight if he had to fight wand, I know that's not Anderson. but its not like this is just silva being loyal. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 11:38 AM
ortman166

GnP Sonnen - Get past it. You're a fighter. Phone Post
Do you not see the pic of him kicking vitor in the face? Lol Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 11:44 AM
JamesTheWelshDR
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 -
JamesTheWelshDR -
Lol, shogun said he would've thrown the fight if he had to fight wand, I know that's not Anderson. but its not like this is just silva being loyal. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed but I feel like wand would rather them duke it out and the best man win rather then shogun thrown it Phone Post
5/17/13 11:48 AM
GnP Sonnen

ortman166 -
Do you not see where he is complaining about it? Lol Phone Post
5/17/13 11:57 AM
Viet Rounder

Basically he's saying he PREFERs not to fight his own countrymen, not that he WON'T. I can certainly understand this. Given the choice why would you fight your own kind?
5/17/13 12:02 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would wanna face my friends out of respect for them. To see where I match up.

If I was Anderson Silva and my friends were some of the best fighters in the world, id be happy as hell to wanna try to fight each one of them.
Friendly competition can still exist. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 12:02 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Edited: 05/17/13 12:02 PM

does he like to fight anyone?

doesnt like to fight brazilians, doesnt like to fight traneing partners, doesnt like to fight acquaintances, doesnt like to fight those without big names, doesnt like to fight grapplers...

he just wants to fight forrest and bonner over and over and over?

5/17/13 12:03 PM
bartatua
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I said this about anderson years ago, citing how he blatantly carried maia and thales leites to decision

Everyone said no way, and that's bullshit, but here you have it
5/17/13 12:12 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

bartatua - I said this about anderson years ago, citing how he blatantly carried maia and thales leites to decision

lol..yeah...

5/17/13 12:13 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GnP Sonnen -  Get past it. You're a fighter. Phone Post

This.

5/17/13 12:13 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

doesnt like to fight brazilians, doesnt like to fight traneing partners, doesnt like to fight acquaintances, doesnt like to fight those without big names, doesnt like to fight grapplers...

Lol

5/17/13 12:18 PM
Agnt

bartatua - I said this about anderson years ago, citing how he blatantly carried maia and thales leites to decision

Actually... no. What do those 2 fighters REALLY have in common? BJJ experts who would just spam takedowns against Andy which forced those fights to be the way they were.
5/17/13 12:47 PM
forrestfan
346 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neither does Chael.
5/17/13 12:48 PM
Viet Rounder

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

A lot of truth to this but you have to admit, it will be interesting no matter how many times he treat Forrest and Bonnar like step childs.
5/17/13 1:28 PM
ortman166

GnP Sonnen -
ortman166 -
Do you not see where he is complaining about it? Lol Phone Post
I do but my point is that even tho Anderson often complains about things you or me may not think are very important, when it come down to it and he's in the cage he does get past it, and brings it. Which is why I referred to the picture. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 1:29 PM
ortman166

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

Lol Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 1:33 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/17/13 1:58 PM
B LAZ E

why fucken upload videos and ban them from some countries?
5/17/13 2:24 PM
Sleazy Martinez
584 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 -
JamesTheWelshDR -
To be honest I think it is just Anderson, Shogun and Wand were as close as brothers at one point. Wand cried tears of joy when Shogun won the Grand Prix in '05. Plus Shogun's next fight is against a Brazilian. ;-) Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 2:50 PM
spliff
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckin jacare

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.