UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Receiving the Holy Ghost.

6/19/13 6:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stevo, you are an uneducated prick under the guidance of some dufus preacher who has brainwashed you uneducated brain into believing garbage. Its obvious that your Holy Spirit pre empts your thoughts and that you construct your half baked theology on one of the oldest divisive issues known to chrisitanity. You are so arrogant to belong to a church that believes that untold millions are going to hell because they have never spoken in tongues. YOu are on such a juvenille level of your understanding of the bible and christianity that you don't even recognize it.

6/19/13 7:21 PM
Saint Stevo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zealot66 - 

Stevo, you are an uneducated prick under the guidance of some dufus preacher who has brainwashed you uneducated brain into believing garbage. Its obvious that your Holy Spirit pre empts your thoughts and that you construct your half baked theology on one of the oldest divisive issues known to chrisitanity. You are so arrogant to belong to a church that believes that untold millions are going to hell because they have never spoken in tongues. YOu are on such a juvenille level of your understanding of the bible and christianity that you don't even recognize it.

My friend. It's not me that you hate but its the revelation of the scriptures that's been open before you. Either way I forgive you. You can curse me all the day long and that's fine but if you speak evil saying tongues is not the sign if the Holy Ghost then you've just blasphemed the Spirit. That's the dangerous part.

Truth hurts and truth is narrow. I simply replied to you saying that you're going to hell for not having the Spirit and I agreed. Then your vile words spewed from your heart like a sick dog. This promise is to you and your family like Peter said in Acts 2:39.

Actually my preacher had nothing to do with what I posted. I posted all this because of the Lie of the just believe doctrine and I'm informing you that this promise can be yours.

6/19/13 7:28 PM
Saint Stevo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zealot66 - 

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Proverbs 4:23
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Psalm 58:4
Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;

James 3
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

No one can tame the tongue but God. By your wicked words, clearly there's no Holy Ghost to tame yours. Thanks for the demonstration to prove the scriptures. ; )
6/19/13 7:36 PM
Saint Stevo

bozy -  I have been in a pentecostal church my whole life and only ever heard once you gad to speak in tongues to enter heaven. Am I understanding you right. Phone Post

Yes, your right. Here's the explanation by scripture alone why. It's the starting of the topic on the first page. Ill repost to you.

Praise the Lord!

Have you received the Holy Ghost since you've believed?

How do we know when we have received the Holy Ghost.

Jesus explains how we know when we are born of the spirit in (John 3:8).

John 3:8
The wind blows where it wills, and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell from where it came, and where it goes: so is everyone that is born of the Spirit.

Here he is speaking spiritually. In Acts 1 he tells his disciples to wait for him. and in (Acts 1:8)he explains after the Holy Ghost has come upon you then you are my witnesses.

Now in (Acts 2:1-4) it explains when the Holy Ghost was first poured out.

Acts 2:1-4
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Notice in (Acts 2:2) it notes "as of a rushing mighty WIND".
Jesus said the HG is like the WIND in (John 3:8).

This is the first time the Holy Ghost was received. Let's see when the Gentiles received.

Acts 10:44-46
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Here after Peter got done preaching the Gospel. The Holy Ghost fell on the Gentiles. Look where it notes that the Jews where amazed because the Gentile received the Holy Ghost like them. Why? because they spoke in tongues.

Lets continue reading into (Acts 11:15-16).
Here peter was explaining about when the Gentiles received the Holy Ghost like the Jews did in the beginning. We know the beginning is (Acts 2:1-4).

Acts 11:15-16
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Also note that Peter says Jesus will baptize with the Holy Ghost in verse 16, referencing speaking in tongues.

Let's continue on to Paul talking about the Holy Ghost.
(Acts 19:1-8) Paul runs into John baptist disciples.

Acts 19:1-7
And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

7 And all the men were about twelve.

We can see in here after the Holy Ghost comes upon you. You'll speak in tongues. Jesus said these signs will follow after those that believe in (Mark 16:17) speaking in tongues.
Jehovah said in Isaiah 28:11-12 in a new tongues he shall speak to his people.

So my friend. I'll ask again. Have you received the Holy ghost since you've believed?

God bless. In Jesus name. : )
6/19/13 7:41 PM
Saint Stevo

bozy - 
Saint Stevo -
bozy -  Grew up In a Church of God. Grandpaw was the preacher. Alot of the same views is why I asked. Phone Post

I'm curious. What's church of God? I heard of them. I never looked the, up though
Church of God is Pentacostal. Kinda like a southern baptist mixed with methodist. Believe in The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Believe in Salvation through the blood of Jesus inorder to be saved. That the gifts of the Holy Ghost are still in use today. That's about it. NO SNAKES! Phone Post

I see. I believe God is 1 Lord according to deut. 6:4. Yes I agree the blood of Jesus paid the way for us to receive salvation. I also agree the gifts of the Spirit are still here and never left. I don't do snakes either. I just deal with the venom that spew out of people's mouth like Oh.... I don't want to name names but it rhymes with pellet.
6/19/13 7:47 PM
Saint Stevo

bozy -  Yeah I hear ya, hate to think a man as sincere and full of love like Rev Billy Graham go to he'll because he never spoke in tongues. Surely he's not a worker of iniquity. Phone Post

Billy Graham is a worker of iniquity. He stated that Jesus is not the only way which Goes against what Jesus said. Here's the YouTube link to prove it. That man is wicked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MZWug3QAvs
6/19/13 7:54 PM
Saint Stevo

Did you watch the vid?
6/19/13 8:04 PM
Saint Stevo

bozy - 
Saint Stevo - Did you watch the vid?
I couldn't get the link on my phone but goggled it, and it brought up a youtube video of him backing down on the assertion that one has to be saved through Jesus. Good enough for me. Phone Post

Send me the link if you could. I would like to see that one.
6/19/13 8:08 PM
Saint Stevo

bozy -  I just watched another one. Well I made it through half of it. Wow. Good day sir, he spoke against everything Jesus spoke of regarding salvation. Again I say wow. Good Journey, Bozy out Phone Post

Thx God bless.
6/20/13 8:20 AM
gord96
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saint Stevo -
gord96 - 
Saint Stevo -I agree. If your speechless you will not make it.

Silly man made theology that does nothing but cause egotism and division.

I'm convinced it's silly because you said so without scripture. :)
You must create your own system, or be enslaved by another's. -William Blake.

Your theology is just a bad copy of another man's system. And that man's system is a bad copy of a bad copy of a bad copy. It's like a game of telephone. Jesus said 'red ball' to the guy next to him and now the word by the time it reaches you is 'purple dinosaur named Stewie who likes peanut butter'.

Try to live a life of compassion and wisdom and not a life where one just follows the leader. I have been stuck in the follow the leader mentality many times too. I hope you can break free of it. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 9:20 AM
Saint Stevo

gord96 - 
Saint Stevo -
gord96 - 
Saint Stevo -I agree. If your speechless you will not make it.

Silly man made theology that does nothing but cause egotism and division.

I'm convinced it's silly because you said so without scripture. :)
You must create your own system, or be enslaved by another's. -William Blake.

Your theology is just a bad copy of another man's system. And that man's system is a bad copy of a bad copy of a bad copy. It's like a game of telephone. Jesus said 'red ball' to the guy next to him and now the word by the time it reaches you is 'purple dinosaur named Stewie who likes peanut butter'.

Try to live a life of compassion and wisdom and not a life where one just follows the leader. I have been stuck in the follow the leader mentality many times too. I hope you can break free of it. Phone Post 3.0

You're right. I'm a slave and a prisoner to the King. That's fine by me. Ill follow Paul. All I have given was scripture. Mans philosophy is vain. For example William Blake. Gods word is forever just like Jesus said in Matt. 24:35. All I have spoken was scripture, so if you disagree with Jesus then that's your right to do so. Either way ill stay a prisoner to The Lord Jesus.

Ephesians 4:1
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 3:1
For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles

Ill submit and follow the word of The Lord.

1Corinthians 11:1
1 BE ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ

Scripture disagrees with you. We must be followers of the word. Ill stay a prisoner. : )

6/21/13 1:48 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saint Stevo - 
zealot66 - 

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Proverbs 4:23
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Psalm 58:4
Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;

James 3
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

No one can tame the tongue but God. By your wicked words, clearly there's no Holy Ghost to tame yours. Thanks for the demonstration to prove the scriptures. ; )

You are full of yourself. The funny thing about crazy people is they don't realize it but everyone else does. Your ilk attracts more mentally weak and ill people than any other denomination. Pentecostalism is an arrogant theology that loves to set themselves  up as 'apart' from non spirit filled christians. Salvation is not enough for you. You also have the best track record for scandal, sexual immorality and basically fostering delusions of grandeur. I suppose that you secretly feel smug each time you speak in tongues knowing you are the better of church. The fact that you want to debate and bring up such a subject shows how new to the faith that you are and how you have 'discovered' the truth and must now share with others. 

6/22/13 1:51 PM
Saint Stevo

I'm happy you acknowledge that I'm holy and set apart. This is holiness, separation from the world.

Can you provide more info on Pentecostals being scandals? I never said Pentecostals are perfect and sinless. We still sin everyday just like yourself. We need to repent daily and ask forgiveness.

I do feel special for my self when God speaks through me. This promise is for you also if you want it. What faith are you pertaining to that I'm new to? There's only 1 faith. Jude 1:3
6/24/13 2:46 PM
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uch Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.