UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> YOUR definition of the word 'fayg'

5/17/13 2:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Point taken Badger. But as you know, each year Websters adds words, etc. to reflect current culture. I for one don't like the trend . But, it is what it is. Times change. And we have to change with them.

And as the poll results are showing, 2  to 1 people use it in a non-homosexual-slur way. Which is what I suspected. It's still politically incorrect, and will get you fired in the work place.

*I'm an old fart as well

5/17/13 3:02 PM
UGCTT_Benwahwah
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UNREASONABLE EXPECTATIONS - 

UKTT = Arsebandit fags

I guess that's why we enjoy the company of the AUJL.
5/17/13 3:04 PM
sakurabasHeadBeatAronasKnee
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -
UGCTT_Song2 -  I smoke fags. Why isnt this an option? Phone Post

Because we're not in England ?

*should have thought of that usage

Who's not in England? Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 3:06 PM
ShawnTheBadger
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Point taken Badger. But as you know, each year Websters adds words, etc. to reflect current culture. I for one don't like the trend . But, it is what it is. Times change. And we have to change with them.

And as the poll results are showing, 2  to 1 people use it in a non-homosexual-slur way. Which is what I suspected. It's still politically incorrect, and will get you fired in the work place.

*I'm an old fart as well

It is actually encouraging that most of the (young, straight, male) folks on this forum, where fag and faggot are utilized with impunity (despite being against the TOS), actually do not use it as an intentional slur against homosexuals.

Note I have not left the forum over the issue, I do not bring it up unless the subject is brought up for me.  I have a blue name, and enjoy most of the benefits and attributes of this forum.

My perspective is that of a 48-year old, who is definitely and without question, legit and unapologetic damaged goods on this particular topic.

5/17/13 3:06 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/17/13 3:07 PM

Most of us yanks, Sakurabas.

Sorry to hear that Shawn :-(

5/17/13 3:13 PM
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger -

It's not just Websters.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/faggot

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/faggot

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faggot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_%28slang%29

http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/faggot

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/faggot

I understand that you Mr. Zipplock think the word should be changed.  In fact, you obviously think the word has already changed.  I call it the "Southpark definition."  I get it.

"I use it without thinking...." is such an interesting way to describe that choice on your poll.

However, there are many other (older) generations of folks like myself that define the word the same way we have since 1914.

The same way all those reputable, current, on-line dictionaries still unanimously define the word.

The way the UFC, Nike, Budweiser and Fox all define the word.

I can only tell you that "we old farts" are still in the majority.  Old farts also control the UFC, Nike, and Fox.

Once we die off, feel free to change the meaning officially and without dispute.

EDIT:  For the record, I voted you UP.  For intelligent discussion.

I would argue that what a dictionary says really doesn't trump the argument as to the words purpose an most common usage today. Dictionaries are never up to date. Particularly when I comes to slang. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 3:39 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Thank you all who responded.

5/17/13 3:47 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Voted up. I haven't really used that word in a while, but when I did say it, I meant that you're a homosexual.
5/17/13 3:48 PM
sly fox
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

isnt it a meat dish?

5/17/13 3:56 PM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sly fox -

isnt it a meat dish?

it is, you can geniuinely buy faggots in the uk, cant say i have any idea whats in it Phone Post
5/17/13 3:58 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Immaculata - Voted up. I haven't really used that word in a while, but when I did say it, I meant that you're a homosexual.

Thanx for voting sir.

5/17/13 4:04 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
5/17/13 4:05 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Meatballs ? who knew...........

5/17/13 4:15 PM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to use it indiscriminantly. Anybody who I thought was lesser of me was a girl. But I realized words like that belittle the people around me and I really started seeing all living things around me as equal. So I don't use words like fag, or bitch, or any racial slurs. We were all created equal. And living this way requires changing the way you speak.
5/17/13 4:19 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

^That could also be called , 'growing up'.   Some never do it :-(

5/17/13 4:31 PM
Stephen Eakin
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would never call an actual homosexual a fag, that's mean. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:34 PM
frankiscool
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does no one on here know why the word is "faygot" on the OG?

Good grief ya bunch of noobs
5/17/13 4:37 PM
Humanityisthedevil
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going with the bundle of sticks definition.
5/17/13 4:38 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sakurabasHeadBeatAronasKnee - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk -
UGCTT_Song2 -  I smoke fags. Why isnt this an option? Phone Post

Because we're not in England ?

*should have thought of that usage

Who's not in England? Phone Post 3.0

The folks that live elsewhere.
5/17/13 4:54 PM
Humanityisthedevil
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Penetration Skills - I mean fag like you suck a dick. I think being a fag is one of the worst things you could be.

even if i don't think someone is a fag but i am pissed off at them and call them a fag. i absolutely mean that you are a dude who lets another dude crawl up your ass. period.

a guy calling you a gay/fag is an insult that you cannot just let slide.

Lol at homophobe named "Penetration Skills"
5/17/13 4:59 PM
chew22
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What complicates the matter is when legit homos start using the word fag with one another, more in the first sense of being an asshole. "You are such a fag".

Then it gets to be really like the n word.

Hopefully Carlos Mencia won't come out with another sketch "How faggy do you have to be to use the word fag in public?"

5/17/13 5:00 PM
sillyscreenname
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humanityisthedevil - 
Penetration Skills - I mean fag like you suck a dick. I think being a fag is one of the worst things you could be.

even if i don't think someone is a fag but i am pissed off at them and call them a fag. i absolutely mean that you are a dude who lets another dude crawl up your ass. period.

Because there's no penetration involved in straight sex, right? Like oh my god, you are so ignorant.
5/17/13 5:00 PM
chew22
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humanityisthedevil - 

And LOL further at "you cannot just let slide".

Raped in prison were you, mate?
5/17/13 5:02 PM
Humanityisthedevil

Edited: 05/17/13 5:03 PM
Just thought it was funny, I do understand the mechanics of heterosexual intercourse.
5/17/13 5:03 PM
sillyscreenname
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chew22 - 
Humanityisthedevil - 

And LOL further at "you cannot just let slide".

Raped in prison were you, mate?

Hahaha, because rape is funny when it happens to males, right? You are such a bigot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.