UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Paul Kelly convicted of trafficking heroin

5/17/13 2:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caposa
1844 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A LIVERPOOL cage fighter who rose to international success is facing a long prison sentence after being found guilty of trafficking heroin.

West Derby hard man Paul Kelly had denied being a major heroin dealer after an acquaintance of his was picked up with 1.5kg of import purity drugs in the footwell of his car.

But after a four day trial jurors returned unanimous guilty verdicts and he was remanded in custody to await sentence.

Kelly, 28, whose nickname is “Tellys”, fought in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) matches from Abu Dhabi to Detroit before losing to an American in 2011 and being let go by the organisation.  During his trial he claimed he earned £100,000 a year and did not need to deal drugs for money.

But prosecutor David McLachlan said the fighting money had dried up after he left UFC and ended up losing a “journeyman” bout in India.

The investigation centred around Kelly and his best friend Christopher St John McGirr,  28, and their movements at the time of police raids in December 2011 and May 2012.

Full article:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-cage-fighter-facing-jail-3868044

5/17/13 2:52 PM
Morgz
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy hell.

Prepare thy anus

5/17/13 2:55 PM
zebers3
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Morgz - 

Holy hell.

Prepare thy anus

Oh he's ready. How do you think he was trafficking the stuff?
5/17/13 2:56 PM
UGCTT_Clown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The same low-life who faked touching gloves with Cerrone just to get a sucker punch on him? Not surprising.

5/17/13 2:57 PM
zebers3
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, what a strange way to word this:

"before losing to an American in 2011 and being let go by the organisation"

It's as if they're embarrassed that he lost to an american or that because he lost to someone who was an american, that is the reason for his release haha
5/17/13 2:57 PM
Devlin
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Morgz -

Holy hell.

Prepare thy anus

yep, i'd bet pro fighters are always rape targets lol, nobody easier about. Phone Post
5/17/13 2:59 PM
the geek
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shitty news. I hate seeing stories like this. Having said that, I feel no sympathy for Paul. I have had a few close family members addicted to heroin so needless to say I hate the fucking drug.
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOW Phone Post 3.0
sincitydc
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's nuts Phone Post 3.0
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/17/13 3:00 PM
InYoMommaCloset
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that's a shame.

He was an exciting fighter.

Can't remember who he fought but, was one of the best fights you're likely to see in UFC.
It was before the Cerrone fight.

Shame he didn't get picked up by Bellator.
He got wrestle humped to a decision by one of the Healy dudes I think it was in SFL.

Used to post on here as well I think.

Damn shame.
5/17/13 3:04 PM
ramit upper

scousers
5/17/13 3:13 PM
Morgz
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zebers3 - 
Morgz - 

Holy hell.

Prepare thy anus

Oh he's ready. How do you think he was trafficking the stuff?

lol

5/17/13 3:16 PM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 3:18 PM
TuLegit

Card -

"I was just goin to work..." Wonder if he said the same shit about these charges.. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 3:19 PM
JimmersonzGlove
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Life's a risk, carnale
5/17/13 3:20 PM
UGCTT_Benwahwah

zebers3 - Also, what a strange way to word this:

"before losing to an American in 2011 and being let go by the organisation"

It's as if they're embarrassed that he lost to an american or that because he lost to someone who was an american, that is the reason for his release haha
Probably it's more a case of them not knowing who he fought. The Liverpool Echo is a local paper, plus they called him a 'cage fighter' so I'm guessing that they don't have much of a clue when it comes to Mixed Martial Arts. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 3:23 PM
HighFreq
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The "journeyman" bout they are referring to was a fight against Ryan Healy. Although Ryan isn't as good as his brother, Pat. He is still a quality fighter.
5/17/13 3:23 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Doh.
5/17/13 3:27 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1089 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fukin ewl... Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 3:48 PM
The Acorn
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow ken shamrock was right. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:02 PM
tiger07
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InYoMommaCloset - Damn that's a shame.

He was an exciting fighter.

Can't remember who he fought but, was one of the best fights you're likely to see in UFC.
It was before the Cerrone fight.

Shame he didn't get picked up by Bellator.
He got wrestle humped to a decision by one of the Healy dudes I think it was in SFL.

Used to post on here as well I think.

Damn shame.

The fight you're thinking of was probably the one against Paul Taylor. Great fight.
5/17/13 4:10 PM
InYoMommaCloset

That was a great fight but it was after Taylor.

Kelly cut him up gruesome with elbows and then finished with a guillotine.
I think after that fight he lost to Jacob Volkman.

Speaking of which, where has Paul Taylor disappeared to.

It's been well over a year since he made a UFC appearance and still no word on when he might be back.
5/17/13 4:20 PM
Jaybrone
529 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First Josh Rosenthal and weed now Paul Kelly and Heroine. Who is next and what is the drug? Come on people...

5/17/13 4:43 PM
sly fox
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shame the fight between him and jeff rexroad at legacy didnt happen, cop vs drug dealer

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.