UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Trainer wants Anderson to beat Jones, retire

5/17/13 4:32 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The good news is Anderson Silva finally signed a 10-fight contract with the UFC. The bad news is, Anderson Sillva is 38, and has been fighting since his teens.

In an interview with Tatame, Silva's trainer Rogério Camõess want Silva to beat Weidman 4th of July weekend, then beat Jon Jones in New York City, and retire.

"The biggest challenge would be Jones," said Camõess. "First the natural question of size difference. In his division, Anderson has the advantage of size, but Jon Jones has even more... He has the same power as Anderson..."

"He is very reserved in his choices. When he decides he will fight, he calls me, Ramon Lemos, and Distak ,and asks if we think he should fight. But first, the decision is his. He never talked to me about it, I never said any name.... He has a work ethic off the charts."

"After this fight against Chris Weidman, perhaps he will fight Jones in New York, and we will prepare for it. We never chose fighter. But I would like to see this fight against Jones yes. I think Anderson deserves to end up being called the best fighter ever."

"I want to see this as his last fight career - he wins and retires. "

Read entire article... Original Portuguese

How about it UG? Would two more winning fights and then retirement make Anderson Silva the undipsute GOAT?

5/17/13 4:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ManWithTheIronFists
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see him beat Jones and retire as well. He's getting up there in age and the longer it takes for the fight to happen, the less chance he has of beating Jones.
5/17/13 4:36 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doubt he's retiring soon Phone Post
5/17/13 4:38 PM
shady lane
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he beats JJ, would anyone doubt his GOAT status? Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:40 PM
MrQ
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure someone would.... Phone Post
5/17/13 4:42 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if JOnes is willing to cut down to 197 or even 195 then the fight will be fair.
5/17/13 4:43 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - if JOnes is willing to cut down to 197 or even 195 then the fight will be fair.
How does Jones draining 10 extra pounds out of his body make it more fair? Phone Post
5/17/13 4:44 PM
TuLegit

I don't see how fighting 2 more times, the last being jones, then retiring would be more impressive than staying at MW for his career and having all ten fights there. Then retire. There's a real legacy. Not one fight with a 24 year old who might end up flopping by 30.. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:47 PM
JerodR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Jones fight is a HUGE risk. If he wins then of course he would be the greatest. However, if he gets the loss then that would hurt everything he has built. After that long of a career and so much dominance it seems like too big of a risk to go against Jones IMO. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see it though.
5/17/13 4:50 PM
Phisher

TuLegit - I don't see how fighting 2 more times, the last being jones, then retiring would be more impressive than staying at MW for his career and having all ten fights there. Then retire. There's a real legacy. Not one fight with a 24 year old who might end up flopping by 30.. Phone Post 3.0

LOL @ Jones ever "flopping." Even if he falls off his game and starts losing fights, he's still been one of the best runs in MMA history.

5/17/13 4:52 PM
Phisher

MMALOGIC - if JOnes is willing to cut down to 197 or even 195 then the fight will be fair.

I thought Jones was far too big for 205 much less a 195 lb. catchweight.

5/17/13 4:56 PM
MMALOGIC

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
MMALOGIC - if JOnes is willing to cut down to 197 or even 195 then the fight will be fair.
How does Jones draining 10 extra pounds out of his body make it more fair? Phone Post

The best 185lb fighter in the world fighting the best 205lb fighter in the world at a catchweight (somewhere in the middle) is the fairest environment for such a contest.
5/17/13 5:07 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

The best 185lb fighter in the world fighting the best 205lb fighter in the world at a catchweight (somewhere in the middle) is the fairest environment for such a contest.
I agree. Heres the deal...Jones is a very big lhw. He's taller, longer, younger, and all around bigger than Silva. Its no different than Silva vs gsp....Silva would destroy him. To ask Andy to go fight jbj at 205 is giving jbj every physical advantage imo. I think a catch weight fight at 195 is the fairest deal. This is just one mans opinion...... Phone Post
5/17/13 5:21 PM
cecils_pupils

Doesn't matter the weight, it'll be a great fight to watch. Too bad he won't beat Jones. He'll regret taking that fight and will not wanna retire with a loss.
5/17/13 5:24 PM
MMALOGIC

UGCTT_nightkap - 
MMALOGIC -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

I agree. Heres the deal...Jones is a very big lhw. He's taller, longer, younger, and all around bigger than Silva. Its no different than Silva vs gsp....Silva would destroy him. To ask Andy to go fight jbj at 205 is giving jbj every physical advantage imo. I think a catch weight fight at 195 is the fairest deal. This is just one mans opinion...... Phone Post

and that's why Anderson offered to fight GSP at 177 so it would take place in the most fair circumstances.

Jones needs to step up and do the same.
5/17/13 5:40 PM
ChaosOverkill
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shady lane - If he beats JJ, would anyone doubt his GOAT status? Phone Post 3.0

Yup Anderson haters still would

5/17/13 5:51 PM
Gerbacio
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/17/13 5:52 PM
Phisher

Edited: 05/17/13 5:52 PM
MMALOGIC - 
UGCTT_nightkap - 
MMALOGIC -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

and that's why Anderson offered to fight GSP at 177 so it would take place in the most fair circumstances.

Jones needs to step up and do the same.

Jones needs to step up to what? A weight that we don't even know that he can make? Isn't it common knowledge that Jones is a decent sized HW who's feasting on smaller competition at 205? Hasn't Anderson already fought two very large LHWs and embarrassed them? Or do you pro-CW people think that those weren't legit opponents? If not, should Anderson receive as much praise as he does for easily beating them?

5/17/13 6:19 PM
MMALOGIC

^ I believe JOnes wrestled at 197 in college... but yes Jones is a big LHW.

The way you mitigate wieght/size being a factor in a superfight is if you meet in the middle... or as close to the middle as you can.
5/17/13 6:31 PM
CultureClubsNo1Fan
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see this happen. Phone Post
5/17/13 6:49 PM
Glovegate

"In his division, Anderson has the advantage of size"

10 pages easily.

5/17/13 8:24 PM
Peacedog
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally I'm not a fan of catch weights, I'd rather see both athletes at their best and may the best fighter prevail. If there is concern about the weight, simple answer is don't go up in weight.
5/17/13 8:51 PM
New Leaf 1.0

Phisher - 
TuLegit - I don't see how fighting 2 more times, the last being jones, then retiring would be more impressive than staying at MW for his career and having all ten fights there. Then retire. There's a real legacy. Not one fight with a 24 year old who might end up flopping by 30.. Phone Post 3.0

LOL @ Jones ever "flopping." Even if he falls off his game and starts losing fights, he's still been one of the best runs in MMA history.

Or Anderson Silva fighting 10 more times.
5/17/13 10:55 PM
omgjoshjames
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge Fedor fan and give him a slight edge in the p4p GOAT discussion right now. However if Anderson were to beat Jon Jones and claim the light heavyweight title than he becomes without a doubt the p4p GOAT and baddest man ever. No one should even try to argue against it. Phone Post
5/18/13 12:17 AM
UGCTT_nightkap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva wont do it unless he's pretty sure he'll win imo. He's been fighting long enough to know what he's up against....
I cant see him doing anything to jeopardize his record...I could be wrong. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.