UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rockhold: Everyone is cheating the system

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/17/13 10:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Luke Rockhold has been a very vocal opponent of testosterone replacement therapy in the sport of mixed martialarts. He has criticized Belfort for his use of the therapy and emphasized his stance in a conversation with Steph Daniels of B/E:

Obviously, there are circumstances where people have a legitimate need for it. Maybe they're in their forties or they were born with one ball, or something like that. I actually do know a fighter who only has one ball, so maybe in those cases, where their bodies don't produce enough testosterone naturally, they need to supplement to get to normal levels.

Then there's guys like Vitor, who are previous steroid users, and steroids have been known to lower your testosterone levels, yet they're still getting cleared to fight overseas, just so they can use the exemption. There's guys that are in their twenties that are on testosterone, which is a joke. It's becoming too rampant in our sport. Everyone is getting qualified for the exemption.

It's almost like a cover up. You know, being a fighter, you hear things, and these guys are way over their limits, and they're doing everything under the sun, winding down or cycling down to get their levels in the legal limits. Everyone is cheating the system, and I think there needs to be more testing done throughout the camps, and at the fight.

I understand that they'll probably never do it, because it jeopardizes those big fights. That puts a lot of money at risk, but I'd like to see more testing. I'd like to see the playing field leveled out.

read entire article...

5/17/13 11:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SupesUp
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I respect guys who don't use or abuse these things but when things are inside what is allowed you gotta roll with it.
No different than the weed rules, might be stupid but we know the rules so fight within them.
For now these are how things are. Phone Post
5/17/13 11:06 PM
whitejoe
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rockhold talks a lot of shit for probably being a user himself. Guy has a GH body and is throwing stones lol Phone Post
5/17/13 11:09 PM
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whitejoe - Rockhold talks a lot of shit for probably being a user himself. Guy has a GH body and is throwing stones lol Phone Post
Definitely doesn't have a GH body you fucking moron. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 11:12 PM
DoomFarmer

Don't believe anything any of these guys say...

I'm at a place where I think 98% of fighters juice or have in the past and I am ok with it. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 11:22 PM
Barbalos

We'll see what Rockhold thinks in 15 years. I'm more bothered now by the constant whining about legitimate TRT use. It's sanctioned, so mind your own business. As if he himself would never do that, yeah right. If you 'needed' it, Luke, you'd be doing it. And if not, you'll be doing it in 10-15 when you start to slow down, I'd bet money on that.
5/18/13 12:11 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

It would be glorious if he popped positive. Just sayin' Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 12:18 AM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
656 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It just blows my mind that fighters can get approved to take all kinds of man-made chemicals but can't injest something totally organic like marijuana. It's like saying a fighter can't eat bananas because they are 'performance enhancing'.

whitejoe
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All you queens crying about Rockhold having a natural body is hilarious. If you deny it, youve never used and youve never been in a high level gym a day in your life. Drugs are a huge part of this sport kids sorry. Phone Post
Mihow
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Señor Penis -  I am ok with juicing. These guys are entertainers. A racecar need racing fuel not regular gas. Phone Post

yes
5/18/13 12:19 AM
whitejoe

Look at the posted pic lmao Phone Post
5/18/13 12:21 AM
whitejoe

Tons of high level fighters have zero fat lol Phone Post
5/18/13 12:22 AM
whitejoe

TuLegit -
whitejoe - Rockhold talks a lot of shit for probably being a user himself. Guy has a GH body and is throwing stones lol Phone Post
Definitely doesn't have a GH body you fucking moron. Phone Post 3.0
Have you used HGH? Phone Post
5/18/13 12:28 AM
whitejoe

MMA Lives Here -
whitejoe - Look at the posted pic lmao Phone Post
Rockhold is a beast. He could have been a pro surfer and has played sports, grappled and fought since he was a kid. That's what humans can look like when they're motivated.

Haven't you seen people taking the piss about how BEEP Luke Rockhold is over the years? Welcome to MMA by the way, you'll find a fair few of the top fighters are quite well built. Phone Post
Beast or no beast you can see every muscle in his body lol Phone Post
5/18/13 12:47 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild - 
Mihow -
Señor Penis -  I am ok with juicing. These guys are entertainers. A racecar need racing fuel not regular gas. Phone Post

yes
This x 1000 Phone Post 3.0

food = race fuel

In racing some additives are illegal. Better watch what you put in your engine.
5/18/13 1:08 AM
whoabro

Looks great-- very lean and dry. Mast, var and diuretics imo. Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 1:10 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

MMA Lives Here -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - It would be glorious if he popped positive. Just sayin' Phone Post 3.0
Yes I'm sure Rockhold is on the juice. And Barnett would destroy Mir. LOL Phone Post
Barnett would destroy mir and rape your dreams.

And i didnt say luke's on something, i'm saying it'd be glorious for him to pop positive. Those who are guilty usually point fingers at others to shift blame. Considering how many are on gear, it wouldnt shock me if he was. Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 1:45 AM
CNewton317

GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

It just blows my mind that fighters can get approved to take all kinds of man-made chemicals but can't injest something totally organic like marijuana. It's like saying a fighter can't eat bananas because they are 'performance enhancing'.

Please kick this guy off the ug...his stupidity is off the charts Phone Post
5/18/13 2:03 AM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
656 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CNewton317 - 
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

Please kick this guy off the ug...his stupidity is off the charts Phone Post

Please explain.

5/18/13 3:19 AM
GarlicSauce

Wow, that's all his whining BEFORE the fight. Imagine how many months of whining we'll hear after Victor knocks him out.
5/18/13 2:03 PM
VikingHorde

I'm not saying that Rockhold used PED's but doesn't it always seem like whenever somebody is very outspoken opposing something they always get caught doing it themselves at some point in time? I could name 5 people I work with that bitched about someone breaking the rules then got caught doing something 5x worse. How many politicians, religious leaders,ect. have been caught doing the very things they swore were so terrible. Just a thought that come's to mind whenever I hear someone bitching loudly, I assume they are the one's guilty.
5/18/13 2:08 PM
colubrid1

I hope vitor smashes the daylights out of him tonight.

5/18/13 3:05 PM
Mezla
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VikingHorde, if I could vote you up I would.
5/18/13 3:07 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wonder if rockholds never done a roid

5/18/13 3:14 PM
Auron Heidenrach

Barbalos - We'll see what Rockhold thinks in 15 years. I'm more bothered now by the constant whining about legitimate TRT use. It's sanctioned, so mind your own business. As if he himself would never do that, yeah right. If you 'needed' it, Luke, you'd be doing it. And if not, you'll be doing it in 10-15 when you start to slow down, I'd bet money on that.

You have no idea. You're inserting your own opinion, as if you're speaking for him, and that's stupid.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.