Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shanle929
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighterdiet.com Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 1:27 AM
Shanle929

But to answer question lean muscle burns fat so the more muscle you build higher the metabolism in turn burns more fat. So technically.... Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 2:05 AM
Easytarget
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a complete beginner yes. But for everyone else generally no, if you can maintain LBM while dropping bodyfat you are doing well. That's what i have decided after reading a lot and training for a long time.

Lyle macdonlad has a book called the ultimate diet 2.0 which experienced trainees can use to do it. There are threads on his forum. But I have never seen good results posted.
5/21/13 2:32 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Interesting. I figured as much. After bulking for 4 months I'm going overseas for 3 weeks. Decided to do a mini cut as ill have limited access to weights. Get back on the bulk when I get back. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 5:14 AM
Easytarget
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think if you are doing a cut it is best to keep lifting heavy, giving your body a reason to maitain the lbm you worked for. Not sure if you can do that though with your gym access.
5/21/13 7:13 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

I should have a BB and shit. 3 weeks shouldn't really fuck my gains up Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 4:20 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The holy grail of fitness you ask. Simply yes you can, however, it's not easy. Clean up your diet first and see how you go. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 5:48 PM
athsportsnutrition
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Professional Grade Nutrition

Difficult but possible. Gaining muscle requires a surplus of calories and protein. Losing fat requires a reduction in at least caloric intake. On days you lift, increase calories, on off days have a calorie deficit. A lot easier to do a clean bulk phase and if you have any fat cut fat while maintaining your muscle mass.

6/6/13 5:34 AM
LuketheSpook
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 35 and been training for 15 years. Jan 13 - may 13 I lost 24 lbs of fat and gained 9 lbs of Muscles. It's possible. But very difficult. Strict diet and consistent high volume weight training for me. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 5:51 AM
LuketheSpook
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also I should note: I wasn't in very good shape (relatively) when I started that training cycle but I wasn't "starting back up" either. Just stopped eating shit and started concentrating on eating clean (no wheat) and longer tougher workouts. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 4:12 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/06/13 4:13 PM
A lot of people say no unless its noob gains, but in my opinion and experience most people greatly over rate their level of fitness while under rating their level of fatness, and could lose fat and gain muscle. If you don't take your diet seriously then i think this could very well apply to you. Just my opinion though.
6/8/13 9:59 AM
Blunderhooks
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Under three circumstances

1. You are a beginner.
2. Your are very fat.
3. You use drugs

Otherwise no. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 4:20 PM
Ansari
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've lost 69lbs since starting to track my body fat % and gained 27lbs of lean body mass in that time. But both 1 and 2 of Blunderhooks list apply to me. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 5:39 PM
LuketheSpook

I was rather fat as well. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 3:13 PM
vermonter
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know of no reason to believe that building muscle and burning fat can't happen simultaneously.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.